Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

less time out for defeated companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 03, 2012
[1] I suggest that when a companion gets defeated instead of hours to heal it takes only minutes to heal.[2] Most children have only two hours of computer or TV time; if they get more they not only get addicted but they get sleepy too.[3]So, if a kid's companion gets defeated he or she might have to wait until the next day to use that companion again.[4]That companion might be powerful and not all companions are powerful.[5]The older kids are, the harder the work, and the harder the work the longer the school day feels.[6]You programmers should lower the price for healing too because it takes a person a really long time to get that much gold; if one spends it on healing, it will be all gone.please put this to good consideration.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cutup275 on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
[1] I suggest that when a companion gets defeated instead of hours to heal it takes only minutes to heal.[2] Most children have only two hours of computer or TV time; if they get more they not only get addicted but they get sleepy too.[3]So, if a kid's companion gets defeated he or she might have to wait until the next day to use that companion again.[4]That companion might be powerful and not all companions are powerful.[5]The older kids are, the harder the work, and the harder the work the longer the school day feels.[6]You programmers should lower the price for healing too because it takes a person a really long time to get that much gold; if one spends it on healing, it will be all gone.please put this to good consideration.
1,3 & 4. Use another companion, there are tools in place to keep nearly all companions within two levels of your own.
2 & 5 That's up to the parents or family of said children. I'm sure the programmers realize this; also you don't have to complete a quest in a single game play session.
6. A miracle doesn't come cheap, use the strategy and tools given in the game to: 1. make healing times shorter by training a companion in 'Scraper' & 2. try not to let your companions be so under-leveled or wounded in battle that 'Bed Rest" becomes inevitable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, welcome to the Message Boards, Cutup275!

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I really agree with this. Many kids do not have the time to wait on companions for 3 to 4 hours. What I would like to happen is if a companion dies in battle, they don't leave, they stay but you might have heal on you and you want to heal them.

One other thing that gets on my nerves is when I see people (I am being indirect here, so please don't be offended) say, "Well just use your other companions." Well I don't want to, there is a reason why these companions are the ones I use, because they are the best, I don't want to use anyone else.

Thank you!

Catherine Reade

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
I really agree with this. Many kids do not have the time to wait on companions for 3 to 4 hours. What I would like to happen is if a companion dies in battle, they don't leave, they stay but you might have heal on you and you want to heal them.

One other thing that gets on my nerves is when I see people (I am being indirect here, so please don't be offended) say, "Well just use your other companions." Well I don't want to, there is a reason why these companions are the ones I use, because they are the best, I don't want to use anyone else.

Thank you!

Catherine Reade
If you don't try a different companion, how will you know what companions work best in any given battle? Not all companions work in all battles, they may be strong in certain situations but struggle in others. Plus ( just my opinion ), it's really boring seeing the same faces with the same attacks over and over.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
I have to agree with less time for defeated companions, but isn't the point bed rest like dying???? I think (my opinion, not fact) the programmers are trying to simulate a death. But without removing the companion permanently. The bed rest makes sure we are more careful because there is a concequence to having the companion's health drop to 0.

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 57

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:

Thank you!

Catherine Reade
There are many different companions available FOR A REASON. Players shouldn't rely on a small group for all battles, because then a battle will arrive that your chosen few are not appropriate for. Perhaps the reason you say you need shorter wait times is because the crew that you are using is NOT a good crew -- they aren't the best -- for that battle.

The game is only encouraging you to explore different strategies, with different companions, in order to succeed in a variety of situations. With the proper crew, you can avoid having any companions put out of commission at all. Problem solved.

This may get on your nerves, but it's the truth. There are comments that get on my nerves as well. :)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That is why there are no favorites in the crew. It's not just the top companion always have to fight, like El Toro, Bonnie Anne, Nusecia and Hawkules. Just use the other companion and train them also, you will never know when you need them. Mitch is not cheap, so spend those gold wisely. Give those crew a chance espically the ones in the last row. Who knows they can be a game changer when they level up. Like Old scratch for example, I use him more often since the minor tweak he fizzles less often.Every crew have a second chance in other words.

Note- Nusecia is from the Empire Bundle.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Cutup275 on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
First, welcome to the message boards!

Now, as far as defeated companions, if you're not willing to go to a second string companion, then just wake up the one that was defeated. He'll be weaker, but he'll still be able to fight for you. Just be really, really careful with him in that case, since he'll go down even easier the next battle.

My personal preference is to use my companions totally randomly. I'm never sure who I'll get coming out to play for me, which means some battles are a lot tougher than others. Obviously when I know I'm about to get into a string of tough battles I'll set certain crew members on tasks that mean they'll be too busy to fight.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
1,3 & 4. Use another companion, there are tools in place to keep nearly all companions within two levels of your own.
2 & 5 That's up to the parents or family of said children. I'm sure the programmers realize this; also you don't have to complete a quest in a single game play session.
6. A miracle doesn't come cheap, use the strategy and tools given in the game to: 1. make healing times shorter by training a companion in 'Scraper' & 2. try not to let your companions be so under-leveled or wounded in battle that 'Bed Rest" becomes inevitable.
Anecorbie sometimes in some cases (not for me) some players other companions aren't good and they will start going through the list loosing over and over again. My favorite part of the game is the quest! I want to make progress in the game and not be stuck on a hard dungeon. I do understand the last part though train scraper is a good idea. Brawling for companions is really bad though because for a few reasons.

1. It takes hours

2.After the hours it gives a very little amount of exp.

3.You cant use the companion or anything when they are doing it.

4.Training tombs may cost gold but if the companion level is low it gives lots of levels.

I do agree the wait is long but it shouldn't be to short just shorter.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Anecorbie sometimes in some cases (not for me) some players other companions aren't good and they will start going through the list loosing over and over again. My favorite part of the game is the quest! I want to make progress in the game and not be stuck on a hard dungeon. I do understand the last part though train scraper is a good idea. Brawling for companions is really bad though because for a few reasons.

1. It takes hours

2.After the hours it gives a very little amount of exp.

3.You cant use the companion or anything when they are doing it.

4.Training tombs may cost gold but if the companion level is low it gives lots of levels.

I do agree the wait is long but it shouldn't be to short just shorter.
1. & 3. You're not playing when you're asleep, set the task just before you log off to go to bed. When you log in again, chances are, the companion will have finished the task.
2. If the companion is very low leveled ( compared to your highest level companions ) just keep them on this task, you'll surprised how quickly this experience mounts up!
4. When you recruit a new companion, they will always be 1 - 2 levels above you; this is when you ought to use Keelhaulin', in 24 hours they will provide you with a tome.

The length of time is adjusted to the level of the character, maybe we should have a time cap for wounded companions; say no more than two - three hours.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
1. & 3. You're not playing when you're asleep, set the task just before you log off to go to bed. When you log in again, chances are, the companion will have finished the task.
2. If the companion is very low leveled ( compared to your highest level companions ) just keep them on this task, you'll surprised how quickly this experience mounts up!
4. When you recruit a new companion, they will always be 1 - 2 levels above you; this is when you ought to use Keelhaulin', in 24 hours they will provide you with a tome.

The length of time is adjusted to the level of the character, maybe we should have a time cap for wounded companions; say no more than two - three hours.
1 and 3. only once a night? Like I said it gives you 1/5 of a level. That would be 5 days to level up once. twice a day still 2 1/2 days. that's still long.

2.Back to the one right above my max buck. Brawling was very slow and it wasn't fast for me. I used tombs and when your max you have lots of gold to spend it doesn't matter to much to me to spend a little on a tomb or two.

4. 24 hours! I think I will spend some gold. Also if you have a new companion chances are I'm going use him. Also I sometimes am on within 24 hours of each time I go on so the companion would definitely be still working by next time I log on.

3 hours is a little long I would say 1 to 2 hours would fit.

I know I can be annoying but I often like to debate so I don't mine continuing this debate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
1 and 3. only once a night? Like I said it gives you 1/5 of a level. That would be 5 days to level up once. twice a day still 2 1/2 days. that's still long.

2.Back to the one right above my max buck. Brawling was very slow and it wasn't fast for me. I used tombs and when your max you have lots of gold to spend it doesn't matter to much to me to spend a little on a tomb or two.

4. 24 hours! I think I will spend some gold. Also if you have a new companion chances are I'm going use him. Also I sometimes am on within 24 hours of each time I go on so the companion would definitely be still working by next time I log on.

3 hours is a little long I would say 1 to 2 hours would fit.

I know I can be annoying but I often like to debate so I don't mine continuing this debate.
No problems, your arguments are good and valid. I just like this new way of using our companions and the Bed Rest possibilities make it more like 'real combat'. So stop using your best fighters as 'meat shields' and protect them, if you don't like Bed Rest!