Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grizzly Beast Pack and Tribal Crew Pack Guide

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2014
Do you want one of the 11 awesome companions from one of the packs? Calculations show the chance on getting one.

Do the following calculation for the chances of getting a Grizzly Beast Companion (6 In Total):

100 / 6 = 16.66666666666667

Do the following calculation for the chances of getting a Tribal Crew Companion (5 In Total):

100 / 5 = 20

I hope this helps you. See you later!

Silly Noah Underwood - Level 58

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
AngryBirdsWorld1 on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Do you want one of the 11 awesome companions from one of the packs? Calculations show the chance on getting one.

Do the following calculation for the chances of getting a Grizzly Beast Companion (6 In Total):

100 / 6 = 16.66666666666667

Do the following calculation for the chances of getting a Tribal Crew Companion (5 In Total):

100 / 5 = 20

I hope this helps you. See you later!

Silly Noah Underwood - Level 58
This is actually incorrect. The chances of getting an EPIC item in each one is 1/100 (approximately). You have the same chances for a companion in both.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2014
Voodoo Cornelius on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
This is actually incorrect. The chances of getting an EPIC item in each one is 1/100 (approximately). You have the same chances for a companion in both.
Probably, but according to my research, yes.

But everyone has their opinion, right? But they didn't say anything about chances. But yeah, I used to agree with that.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
AngryBirdsWorld1 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
Probably, but according to my research, yes.

But everyone has their opinion, right? But they didn't say anything about chances. But yeah, I used to agree with that.
I cannot find the exact post, but I remember very clearly Bonnie Anne stating that the chances for receiving a companion from the Tribal Crew or Grizzly Beast pack could quite possibly be 1/100*, and that is the rate for every pack you buy. So it is not guaranteed you would receive 1 companion if you bought 100 packs, but rather a 1% chance in every pack of finding one of those much coveted dinos or bears.

Yes, your math does make sense, but sadly it does not (as far as I know, that is) apply to these drop rates. If it did, I'd have at least one of the pack companions.

*It has been mentioned several times by One-Eyed Jack, Ratbeard, and Bonnie Anne that they would not release drop rates for items, so perhaps this percentage is incorrect. Only the folks at KI know these things for sure.