Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is the Dragon-Axe of Doom not stitchable?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2010
I found out the Dragon-Axe of Doom is a no stitch weapon recently (I'm assuming the other N5 weapons are also like this), why? I'm guessing it's to show such a powerful weapon but I don't really like how it looks with the rest of my gear and would love to stitch it to Rooke's Bulwark. Can a dev weigh in on whether there's another reason or if you'd possibly reconsider and make it stitchable?

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Toa of Light on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
I found out the Dragon-Axe of Doom is a no stitch weapon recently (I'm assuming the other N5 weapons are also like this), why? I'm guessing it's to show such a powerful weapon but I don't really like how it looks with the rest of my gear and would love to stitch it to Rooke's Bulwark. Can a dev weigh in on whether there's another reason or if you'd possibly reconsider and make it stitchable?
Sorry, can't stitch it to Rooke's Bulwark! It wouldn't make sense. Rooke's Bulwark is a "sword and shield" kind of weapon. The Dragon Axe of Doom is an axe weapon, so to stitch the Dragon Axe of Doom with another weapon, it will have to be an axe as well. Maybe you'd like Rooke's Axe?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I'm pretty sure you cant stitch weapons because you cant turn a smashy weapon into a staffy weapon if they have a certain appearance. You can only stitch hats,outfits, and boots.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You must stitch weapons that are similar in class: smashy/slashy to smashy/slashy.. The Nefarious weapons, however break this category, you simply can't stitch these weapons.
They're very well designed and attractive, but I can understand why you would want to have them match your 'pirate scheme'.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2010
KatherineDragonBla... on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
Sorry, can't stitch it to Rooke's Bulwark! It wouldn't make sense. Rooke's Bulwark is a "sword and shield" kind of weapon. The Dragon Axe of Doom is an axe weapon, so to stitch the Dragon Axe of Doom with another weapon, it will have to be an axe as well. Maybe you'd like Rooke's Axe?
Even then, both are Smashy/Slashy so they can be stitched together in theory (I had an Axe of the Minotaur Lords stitched to the Armada Marine's Bulwark), my problem is that the Dragon-Axe of Doom cannot be stitched to anything, period. I'm aware that this is on purpose and I was informed of why this is as such, which is because certain items (such as the Novablaster) have unique attacks with unique animations that would glitch if stitched (I remember seeing this with a stitched Dragoon Autocannon long ago), and I understand the Novablaster's case, but the Dragon-Axe of Doom and many other items that are also stitch-locked (such as the Shrimpy Shellmet) do not have special attacks with unique animations that would glitch if stitched. That's why I wonder why those were lumped together with those such as the Flintlocks from the Crowns Shop.