Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Games

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2015
If you've ever played wizard101, you'd notice that the pet based games and training forms are much different than those of Pirate101. While I do admit, it's nice to have the ability to train your pet at hand, it really takes the fun out of having pets. Do I want to fight my pet in PVP CONSTANTLY and do nothing else? No. I think Pirate101 should have playable games to train your pet, like wizard101. What's your opinion?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PupcakeScarves on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
If you've ever played wizard101, you'd notice that the pet based games and training forms are much different than those of Pirate101. While I do admit, it's nice to have the ability to train your pet at hand, it really takes the fun out of having pets. Do I want to fight my pet in PVP CONSTANTLY and do nothing else? No. I think Pirate101 should have playable games to train your pet, like wizard101. What's your opinion?
Absolutely HATE the W101 system of repetitive, dull games that did very little in leveling your pet. P101 is sooo superior to this, I don't know why anyone would want to bring it here.
The fun I get from pets is see them fight and getting a good power out of them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
PupcakeScarves on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
Oh please no, no mind numbing games over here I just love it that I can have my pets training as I play and they can be training even while fighting and protecting me as I quest. This way is SO much more fun and is a massive improvement.

Now if we could have pet games just for fun or to earn snacks and such, then sure. Then it is totally optional and those that miss their games can still play.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As someone who has many maxed out pets on Wizard and Pirate, I'm glad I don't have to play individual pet games to train them in Pirate. I like being able to tell my pets to start training on the pet page and then go questing. The pet is both training and questing (and appears in fights with me) at the same time. If I want to go to Beastia and let my pet compete (winning snacks as I do), then I can, or I can buy snacks there. In Wizard, one loses a lot of questing time to pet training. In Pirate we don't.
I'm confused why you mentioned being in pet PVP CONSTANTLY, and can't do anything else. Pet PVP doesn't seem to train the pets at all. It just rewards items for training, and snacks, both of which we can get other ways. Is it that you want other things to do with your pets? Another way to play with them? Are you looking for a fun side activity that involves pets? The Gh pack gave me some hamster type tunnels for my house. Maybe they could do a maze racing/ maze building activity. With all those pavilions in the pet areas, maybe there will be a fun expansion that is not training related. I'd be fine with that, but I like Pirate pet TRAINING the way it is. I've spent too much time leveling up Wizard pets to make the most of my pet energy, (bored to death with the training games) when I would have preferred to be questing with friends or decorating castles.