Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Memorial Weekend Morph-a-Thon! May 23-25

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jul 16, 2014
You're Invited to the Morph-a-Thon!

It’s a very special weekend in Bestia, Pirates! Welcome to the first ever Morph-a-thon competition in Pirate101!

Morph-a-thon is a very special event hosted over Memorial Day weekend, May 23, 24, and 25, 2015. During these days of the week, you will definitely want to log on and morph your pets so you can be entered into a grand drawing!

Here’s how the drawing works:
  • We’ll be internally tracking all pet morphs made during this event. Make one morph, and you’ll be entered automatically.
  • For each morph you make during this event, you will be given one entry into our drawing, e.g., Morph 20 pets, get 20 chances to win. Morph 50 pets, get 50 chances to win!
  • For each specialty hybrid pet you make during this event (pets you can’t obtain any other way than morphing, like the Grimtooth Reaper shark), you will be given a bonus entry into our drawing! (NOTE: The Skull Island Macaw, (Blue) Ostrich, Frostbiter, Glowfish and Tarantula do not count as hybrids for this competition.)

Any players who create a morphed pet during this time will be entered into a special drawing for a grand prize of 60,000 Crowns or one of ten prizes of 10,000 Crowns!

Only pets successfully morphed from 12:01 am US Central May 23th, 2015 to 11:59 pm US Central on May 25th, 2015 will be counted as entries.
  1. You may sell your pets or place them in your house after you acquire them.
  2. Winners will be awarded on May 26th, 2015 on announced that same day on the KingsIsle blog (we’ll also be sharing if any new undiscovered hybrids were discovered during this event).
  3. You may only win once per account.
  4. Please contact community@pirate101.com if you have additional questions.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/morphathon

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
this kinda cool I guess, wish there was a pvp event but until ranked is released idk how that'd work

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Bonnie! This is a wonderful idea and should be a lot of fun. Just make sure Decius and ol' Hep have plenty of high-quality H20 handy so they don't get dehydrated during all the morphing mayhem...lots of pets to pump out.

I just had 3 quick questions-- 2 of which I'm pretty sure of the answers, but I just wanted to get confirmation from you.

• Are the entries tallied per account or per pirate character? I'm pretty sure per character, but I just wanted to be sure. ***EDIT- just realized this question doesn't make much sense-- whether tallied per account or per character...you'll receive same amount of entries & overall chances of being drawn-- seeing as how your account will share the tallied entries among your different characters & your characters share crowns! Sorry about that one!
  • Also, in regards to the specialty hybrids- just to be clear, will we be receiving an initial entry for the morph (successfully or unsuccessful at producing the specialty hybrid), plus one extra entry if a specialty hybrid is successful morphed up? Again, seems cut-n-dry just wanted to be 100% sure-- my mini-minotaurs & fire toads begged me to ask that one!
  • And would it be possible to post all discovered and known 'specialty hybrids'. I know of the Bullrog, Grimtooth Reaper, Skyrime Minotaur and Lavalanchula-- is that all of them out there? Just curious in case some pirates out there already have the parents of other 'specialty hybrids' but not the others-- thought confirmed by KI posting of them might help out some players.
Thanks a bunch, Bonnie!

And good luck to all you mega-crazed-morphers out there!

***EDIT- on 2nd thought, now that I re-read the original post & also re-read my questions...none of this makes much sense. I got confused by 'specialty hybrid' & the example of Grimtooth Reaper. Seeing as that is a pet that can only be obtained by morphing the parents (& not direct morphing), I thought that is what you meant by 'specialty hybrid' vs. just any hybrid. Sorry about that!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Hello,

To answer your questions:

1) By account.
2) We aren't counting attempts, we are counting pets received from successful morphs. Non-hybrid pets get 1 entry. Hybrid pets get 2 entries.
3) We won't be posting any list of pets, but this information is readily available on many of our fan sites. :)

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

http://www.starsofthespiral.com/p101hybrids

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on May 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

To answer your questions:

1) By account.
2) We aren't counting attempts, we are counting pets received from successful morphs. Non-hybrid pets get 1 entry. Hybrid pets get 2 entries.
3) We won't be posting any list of pets, but this information is readily available on many of our fan sites. :)

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

http://www.starsofthespiral.com/p101hybrids
Ok Bonnie and thank you-- I edited my original post after realizing I confused myself over the mentioning of 'specialty hybrid' and the use of the Grimtooth Reaper as an example. I now know that 'specialty hybrid' just meant any hybrid that can't be gotten any other way besides morphing. So, basically any hybrid counts towards the 2 entries, instead of 1(excluding the ones you mentioned in your NOTE) .

I was confused and thinking that 'specialty hybrid' meant the hybrids that could not direct morph to get that same hybrid back; like the Bullrog, Grimtooth Reaper, Skyrime Minotaur and Lavalanchula.

Thank you kindly for the links and for the answers. Off to restock my pirates' gold for the weekend.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Please note that the Frostbiter and Glowfish have been added to the list of exceptions.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I have to say this... the event took place on the exact day P101's first major story update that had Books 13 & 14 got launched. Isn't that quite a coincidence, eh?

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Trimond297 on May 26, 2015 wrote:
I have to say this... the event took place on the exact day P101's first major story update that had Books 13 & 14 got launched. Isn't that quite a coincidence, eh?
They probably did the morph event this weekend so everyone can take advantage of the long weekend.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Morph-a-thon winners have been posted. Congrats everyone and thanks for participating!

http://kingsisleblog.com/2015/05/26/memorial-weekend-morph-a-thon-results/

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on May 26, 2015 wrote:
Morph-a-thon winners have been posted. Congrats everyone and thanks for participating!

http://kingsisleblog.com/2015/05/26/memorial-weekend-morph-a-thon-results/
Congratulations to all the winners and brand new pet owners. Well done.