Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An affirmation in good faith, just may be needed.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy KI development crew & staff too.

I come to you with a very special request. One that I feel may greatly require attention & tending to, if for no other reason than to ease minds. It's a request that is founded on the great pleasure I have in supporting this game & this amazing Community.

I posted my request over on Central & instead of re-posting it here (clearly it wouldn't all fit), I thought that I would provide you a link to it. Here is the link to the thread.

In short this is a request or more so a plea, coming from myself & on behalf of my fellow marauders, players, pirates, friends & all in the Pirate101 Community & family. I have been greatly discouraged by what I have read on the other P101 affiliated forums & it seems that every day a new thread voicing player concerns pops up. Concerns over where the game is or isn't headed. Concerns over not 'hearing' any news from the KI team in regards to the long anticipated arrival of Book 15. Concerns over whether they should continue to support the game financially, if any trouble may have occurred. We all are trying patiently to wait it out & allow ample time for KI to deliver us new updates or at least receive some encouraging words from the company that brings us this game, that we absolutely love. I believe that most of the concerns come from our absolute enjoyment & love of the game. From what I have read it appears that there is more player concern in regards to the silence from the KI team, lack of communication & the addressing of their concerns. And not as much to do with the actual delay for Book 15 (although that concerns many, as well).

I have supported this game from the 1st day my 1st pirate set foot in the Spiral & have come to enjoy it tremendously. I am & will always be one of P101's biggest fans & will continue to offer my support & dedication to the KI team & to the game. But I also have developed a great caring for the Community of players as well & all of the recent concerns have made me want to at least speak up, in regards to concerns. We all know that things happen or don't always go according to plans, Being a co-owner of a company I surely understand that money has to be made before progress can. And that money has to come from somewhere. If funding for P101 was limited & other sources were needed, such as updates to W101 &/or development & production of Mobile games, in order to help fund P101 & make future updates possible....well, I surely understand & welcome anything that keeps this game afloat.

Or quite possibly the updates are coming & are just so huge & choc-full of goodies, that the long wait is absolutely necessary. Whatever the case happens to be, I feel that a statement from the KI team would be very welcomed & appreciated. I kind of feel that the players deserve that much.

Regardless I will continue to stand behind KI, this amazing game & this wonderful community of pirates until either I or the game no longer exists. It's that amazing of a game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Just say it's coming, you don't need to post a date. Just let us know that KI is going to release it and not go belly-up, leaving us with an unfinished game.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Well said, Valkoor. With this unusually long wait in the story I'm surprised it hasn't come out this summer yet. Yes, I too believe we need at the very least an explanation to this story hiatus, because I can't wait anymore.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Just say it's coming, you don't need to post a date. Just let us know that KI is going to release it and not go belly-up, leaving us with an unfinished game.
I agree. Specific dates aren't at all needed, teasers aren't entirely necessary, screenshots of new content isn't required....just a few words that can reassure those that may be thinking of giving up on the game, may be all it takes. So many that are on the fence are willing to hang in there and wait it out. They just need reassurance and a reason to want to do so. That reason just may come in the form of a few, timely words from KI.

I know that Blind Mew has stated that he does not talk schedules, but I think at this point just talking period, by anyone from the KI crew, would be a very welcomed and reassuring thing, for us the players and the community. I'm very patient, can wait out anything and always maintain a positive outlook. But there are many that are not and may be willing to pack up and leave. But for me...I ain't going anywhere.

Just remember, we're here to support you, KI, and we love this game and we'll gladly give you all the support that we surely can...and then some.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well said Valkoor. I am behind your thoughts too.
As much as I love this wonderful game and am really good at being patient because I have the utmost faith in the team that makes my favorite game, I too would be thrilled with some simple words of encouragement. No dates needed, no teasers required. Just a....."Hang in there little pirate, we've got some wonderful surprises headed your way, Pinky Swear"

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I wholeheartedly agree with you, Valkoor. I have also seen many people very concerned about the wait, and I myself am also very eagerly awaiting the update. At least a bit of acknowledgement from KI would probably mean the world to this community, if I had to guess. Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I do know that whenever it does come out, it'll be good. I just hope it comes.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Pirate Adventurer

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hear, Hear, Valkoor! If this had been a petition, I'd surely sign it.

"I do believe in Pirates, I do, I do! I do believe in Pirates, I do, I do!"

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy KI development crew & staff too.

I come to you with a very special request. One that I feel may greatly require attention & tending to, if for no other reason than to ease minds. It's a request that is founded on the great pleasure I have in supporting this game & this amazing Community.

I posted my request over on Central & instead of re-posting it here (clearly it wouldn't all fit), I thought that I would provide you a link to it. Here is the link to the thread.

In short this is a request or more so a plea, coming from myself & on behalf of my fellow marauders, players, pirates, friends & all in the Pirate101 Community & family. I have been greatly discouraged by what I have read on the other P101 affiliated forums & it seems that every day a new thread voicing player concerns pops up. Concerns over where the game is or isn't headed. Concerns over not 'hearing' any news from the KI team in regards to the long anticipated arrival of Book 15. Concerns over whether they should continue to support the game financially, if any trouble may have occurred. We all are trying patiently to wait it out & allow ample time for KI to deliver us new updates or at least receive some encouraging words from the company that brings us this game, that we absolutely love. I believe that most of the concerns come from our absolute enjoyment & love of the game. From what I have read it appears that there is more player concern in regards to the silence from the KI team, lack of communication & the addressing of their concerns. And not as much to do with the actual delay for Book 15 (although that concerns many, as well).

I have supported this game from the 1st day my 1st pirate set foot in the Spiral & have come to enjoy it tremendously. I am & will always be one of P101's biggest fans & will continue to offer my support & dedication to the KI team & to the game. But I also have developed a great caring for the Community of players as well & all of the recent concerns have made me want to at least speak up, in regards to concerns. We all know that things happen or don't always go according to plans, Being a co-owner of a company I surely understand that money has to be made before progress can. And that money has to come from somewhere. If funding for P101 was limited & other sources were needed, such as updates to W101 &/or development & production of Mobile games, in order to help fund P101 & make future updates possible....well, I surely understand & welcome anything that keeps this game afloat.

Or quite possibly the updates are coming & are just so huge & choc-full of goodies, that the long wait is absolutely necessary. Whatever the case happens to be, I feel that a statement from the KI team would be very welcomed & appreciated. I kind of feel that the players deserve that much.

Regardless I will continue to stand behind KI, this amazing game & this wonderful community of pirates until either I or the game no longer exists. It's that amazing of a game.
As of now, it's been 2 years and 30 days; tomorrow marks 2 years and 1 month since the last world update. Honestly, I'm ready for ANYTHING more hinting at when the update's coming. Frogfather hinted at "what", but not "when". I'm a bit concerned P101 might suffer the same fate as Disney's Toontown Online. I'm going to remain a supporter of P101, but my patience is being tested.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 65

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Well said Valkoor. I am behind your thoughts too.
As much as I love this wonderful game and am really good at being patient because I have the utmost faith in the team that makes my favorite game, I too would be thrilled with some simple words of encouragement. No dates needed, no teasers required. Just a....."Hang in there little pirate, we've got some wonderful surprises headed your way, Pinky Swear"
I am trying to be as patient as possible. I am just starting to lose it. It will be well worth it though. Stay positive everyone!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
The problem with "just say it's coming" is that they've been just saying it's coming, when they've said anything at all. I love the game, but yeesh, at this point I'd like a little more than "we're working on it". I get that glitches happen, but at least let us know that a problem came up and you're working on it so we can have some reassurance.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated; I have several pirates that are stalled at max level since I hate to lose the XP, but poor Tavia has lost a boatload since I also wanted to see what the rest of the game looked like. Even raising the level cap would ease some of my frustration as I could move some of those pirates a bit farther through the game.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I agree, it's getting hard to keep waiting and the temptation to move to a new game grows every day.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Tell us something about the next update... Or at least say it's coming... Please!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Willowydream on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Hear, Hear, Valkoor! If this had been a petition, I'd surely sign it.

"I do believe in Pirates, I do, I do! I do believe in Pirates, I do, I do!"
*Claps hands vigorously with mantra*

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Agreed. I have been here since the beginning. Not the biggest at posting here but a progress report would be nice. I love this game. All 6 characters at level 65. I still think opening up a few more character slots would be nice. Say 8-10.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
EMC99 on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Tell us something about the next update... Or at least say it's coming... Please!
Actually, we know its coming at some point, so please do something else to reassure us! Sorry for not putting that in the first post.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I'm glad to see so many players/posters choosing to let their voices be heard. I think it's important for the guys and gals of KI to at least read what so many are thinking. Their silence is a way of asking us to be patient, but our patience doesn't have to be silent. Especially when we are just asking for a wee little smidgen of hope and encouragement.

Hopefully as many players and posters as possible will be willing to, respectfully, share their concerns about the lack of both story line update and lack of communication. Over the last couple weeks, I've tried to post new threads to at least help build or support the current level of excitement. I enjoy waving the flag and trying to cheer the game and KI team on and I enjoy every aspect of the game and the Community. It is oh so important to keep current players as excited as possible and to show new players what fun is in store for them.

But this thread is equally as important, because it affects those that have been with this game, and in many cases- the company, from the very beginning. It serves as a voice of the Seasoned Community, an Excited Community and a Concerned Community. The baby pirates, if you will, are now just yearning to continue their adventures and at least hear a reassuring word that Book 15 and the continuation of their adventures are somewhere on the horizons.

I really don't think that is asking too much at all. When my customers need reassurance that a project is coming along, we do our part to accommodate them. But it doesn't have to mean providing a 'full reveal', it can just be something to let them know that the project is progressing and still on course-- even if it had gotten off course along the way.

KI, any words of reassurance would be greatly appreciated, buy a Spiral full of concerned, still patient and still super excited band of pirates, that still supports and respects you.

Thank you.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
When I first joined the boards, I thought phrases like 'that would be telling' and 'I don't talk schedule' were very amusing. But now, they're a sickening reminder of KI's reluctancy to do, or even tell us, anything.

ever heard of transparency, KI?

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
A new update is coming soon. I have no doubt.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I feel it is sad that I haven't checked pirates since beginning of may. This is due to the lack of updates that are coming out. I only log on if I see an item I want, then I am off again. Then I got on twitter today and hear that wizards is getting another new test realm. This is very frustrating to me since pirates hasn't had a test in many months. I feel disappointed in where this game is not going. Sure, I have only my original pirate at max, but I feel we all have been waiting what seems like years for another world (harhar I know it's been well over 2 at least). So I see these topics and know I am not the only one feeling this way. I have moved on to other things and really have just about given up on waiting. I am not as patience as some others here. I will keep checking twitter for the next few months to see if there is any news. But I am not looking to renew my subscription when it comes back up next year and nothing has changed. I am very sadden by this since I have supported KI since 2008. Since we have no news though what is the point? Why throw money at something that is not producing? Just give the community something. It is dying, or if you are done just tell us. We will understand. I hope this isn't where you end the story, but I don't want to be hoping back on to a story i have long forgotten in five years when something is finally added. I just can't put into words my disappointment in pirates in the past year. So this is where I end my rant. Good luck KI on your future endeavors. I will not support a product in the future that does not produce.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I think KI is trying to make sure all the classes are balanced. The buccaneer was probably the hardest too level up and then the witchdoctor. The rest were way too easy. The privateer was a slow starter but takes off at around level 40. The musketeer is steady on all levels and the swashbuckler was a cake walk. Any thoughts?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I love this game (I confess to maintaining three full accounts... the first step of addressing a problem is admitting you have the problem, so there it is), but I do worry about what is going on in the absence of any solid news from KI. Not only has there been a long gap since the last chapters were added to Pirate, but the gap between Wizard101's last update has also been unusually long. Neither game has seen the release of a new bundle card in quite some time, and the number of gift cards carried by brick and mortar stores is dwindling. While none of these are necessarily signs that the Doom Time is coming for our favorite Pirate game, it does make at least me very nervous. So I agree with my fellow scallywags above, an encouraging word would be much appreciated.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Meant to add: Valkoor, I appreciate the time you took to write your appeal, and the elegance with which you expressed your feelings (shared I expect by a great many of us, certainly me). Thanks you.

-Indigo

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I couldn't agree with ye more Valkoor me friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Meant to add: Valkoor, I appreciate the time you took to write your appeal, and the elegance with which you expressed your feelings (shared I expect by a great many of us, certainly me). Thanks you.

-Indigo
It was my pleasure & thank you as well. It took a lot of coaxing to finally decide to 'speak up' on behalf of the Community. I've always tried to bring forth both positive & helpful messages here on the boards & speaking up was about trying to continue to do more of the same.

As an older player of this amazing game, I've always felt it important to do my part to help other players, provide encouragement to younger pirates & to keep up the excitement & enthusiasm surrounding the game we all love. I like to joke, make horrible puns, am always firmly affixed to the goofy, but I also have a deep respect & caring for both the company that brings us P101, & for the players taking the time & money to support it. I kind of felt a responsibility or duty to at least echo & magnify the thoughts & concerns that seemed to be pretty widespread & gaining momentum. I'm a positive guy & I do think an update is coming, that the game will 'live on' & that our patience will pay off.

But at the same time, I feel that, from a business standpoint, if these things are coming & upon reading all of the concerns from the Community...why wouldn't KI do something to at least provide hope & encouragement. I'm quite thankful for all that KI has done for us-- the listening to feedback, the implementing of our ideas, the considering of suggestions, the playful & delightful interactions with us here on the boards, the desire to improve the game play, the push to make the game as complete & engaging to both newer & older players, the smaller updates that have given us a more evolved gaming experience...all of this has shown a level of commitment to their fan base, consumers & Community. In regards to all of this, to use a baseball analogy, they have 'knocked it out of the park'.

To keep with the baseball vibe, I'd just like to see someone from KI 'step up to the plate', give us some reassurance, ease the concerns a little bit & continue to display their level of commitment to their family of pirates.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I have grave misgivings about the future of Pirate101. Too many red flags are coming up.

The latest one: Today is June 24th. There are only 7 days left in June, and the Producer's Letter from Frogfather has not come out. I don't think it has ever been this late before, although I could be wrong. It has come out in December and June, near the beginning of the month, like clockwork, until now.

This does not bode well.