Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easter Eggs

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Egg Shen is a character from the movie "Big Trouble in Little China".

Captain
May 13, 2011
i just noticed this. temujin (subodais crown shop counterpart) is genghis khans birth name. i had genghis khan with me all the time and i never noticed

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Cao Tzu and Caosim= Lao Tzu and Daosim (recently realized that )

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Here's a clever one (and I can't believe I missed it before). In Ilios, passing by Archibekes, I noticed I could read his tablet. The inscription is: Ducunt Volutem Fata Nolentum Trahunt. Naturally, I had to look it up (alas, the only Latin I know is from songs and Biological critter names), and this is a quote from the esteemed Roman philosopher, playwright, and statesman Seneca: "Fate leads the willing, and drags the unwilling."

Hmmm. Makes you think, doesn't it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Here's a clever one (and I can't believe I missed it before). In Ilios, passing by Archibekes, I noticed I could read his tablet. The inscription is: Ducunt Volutem Fata Nolentum Trahunt. Naturally, I had to look it up (alas, the only Latin I know is from songs and Biological critter names), and this is a quote from the esteemed Roman philosopher, playwright, and statesman Seneca: "Fate leads the willing, and drags the unwilling."

Hmmm. Makes you think, doesn't it!
Wow, how cool. That is even more impressive than reading the notice on the side of the building in one of the Cool Ranch spots. I think it is the Old Chirp Place or Hidden Valley Ranch, I forget which one . Either way it was fun when I realized I could actually read the poster and had me appreciating the artists for taking the time for such a detail that had nothing to do with the game, it was just there to give us a giggle. Yours makes their work even more awesome. Well caught Anne.

Captain
May 13, 2011
polaris looks like a mix of france and russia. both countries had a revolution and the polar bear tsars mentioned refer to tsars, leaders of russia before the russian revolution. napoleguin is the emperor of polaris and napoleon used to be the emperor of france. polaris is a very cold place, inhabited by penguins and polar bears. this is probably based on siberia, a big place in russia which is known for being very cold (to the point that it was used as a prison). its also a little ironic as polar bears live in the north pole while penguins live in the south pole

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
flowerpirate on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
how did prospecter zeke get on pirate101
wizard101 kicked him out doh jk

wizard101 and pirate101 are in the same spiral just they are to sneeky to get seen -.-

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Bonnie Anne's name is based off of a sharpshooter named Annie Oakley. Annie could actually do what Bonnie does for an epic hit, and was in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Wow, how cool. That is even more impressive than reading the notice on the side of the building in one of the Cool Ranch spots. I think it is the Old Chirp Place or Hidden Valley Ranch, I forget which one . Either way it was fun when I realized I could actually read the poster and had me appreciating the artists for taking the time for such a detail that had nothing to do with the game, it was just there to give us a giggle. Yours makes their work even more awesome. Well caught Anne.
That was the poster in Hidden Valley Ranch asking for help with gophers stealing crops from a ranch. Anyone with experience with gopher clobbering? I have seen these posters elsewhere in Cool Ranch since we found that one.

I've also noticed in Port Regal and Marleybone that there are certain dogs carrying bottles of Yum around. If you position your pirate right you can read the labels on the Yum bottles. However it appears to me to be nothing more than Lorem Ipsum written in Latin, but I have not yet had a chance to translate the rather long paragraph.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
That was the poster in Hidden Valley Ranch asking for help with gophers stealing crops from a ranch. Anyone with experience with gopher clobbering? I have seen these posters elsewhere in Cool Ranch since we found that one.

I've also noticed in Port Regal and Marleybone that there are certain dogs carrying bottles of Yum around. If you position your pirate right you can read the labels on the Yum bottles. However it appears to me to be nothing more than Lorem Ipsum written in Latin, but I have not yet had a chance to translate the rather long paragraph.
Thanks Mi Lady De Winter. Yea I remember I was with you when we found it I just was fuzzy on just where I am looking forward to what you come up with on the yum bottles. I know you too love to roam around and check out all the cool stuff they put in the game just to make it cool. It really makes it nice questing with someone that totally understands my need to wander around and see the sights instead of being totally focused on the quest. Thanks for understanding me so well.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Witty Gavin on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Bonnie Anne's name is based off of a sharpshooter named Annie Oakley. Annie could actually do what Bonnie does for an epic hit, and was in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.
bonnie anne is also a parody of anne bonny, a famous pirate

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Mark Laveer on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I was side questing in Aquila, and I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw:

"Lulz"
Level 61 "Laestrogonian Trololo"!

I bet you guys have heard about lulz and trololos.
You forget he lives in "YooMad Cave" Ahhh, KI made my day with those Trolling references.

Jacob

Captain
May 13, 2011
BrownBeard094 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
You forget he lives in "YooMad Cave" Ahhh, KI made my day with those Trolling references.

Jacob
wait. they start parodying memes too? awesome

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
Nice I like looking at sights to not just focus on quests its fun like when I was in Aquila at lvl 19 XD me and some friends defeated the 3 Minotaur brothers it was fun I've also been to Marlybone at lvl 15 with my witchdoctor friend and defeated the armada with wings and got the badge Knight of the Order of Fetch
Super fun I also accidently got in a fight with a cyclopes while sight seeing in Aquila XD.

Fearless Maya Nelson lvl 43 buccaneer

(reply to Chrissy Th'Blesser)

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Petty Officer
Mar 23, 2011
Not sure is this is easter egg but the Squid Dragon thingy in the Gortez puppet show appears in El Toro's costume in the El Toro puppet show. - Nathaniel Lawson lvl 22 Privateer

Captain
May 13, 2011
Wolf RavenBlood on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Not sure is this is easter egg but the Squid Dragon thingy in the Gortez puppet show appears in El Toro's costume in the El Toro puppet show. - Nathaniel Lawson lvl 22 Privateer
the sometimes appears in the puppet show as an easter egg. you noticed two of them which is "probably one of the people in the civilization" or "he could be el toro". he also appears as one of the people defeated by napoleguin in a puppet show from catbeard (who loves to interrupt his own stories) along with the alien who also appears in the puppet show about gortez

Ensign
Oct 19, 2010
Monkey King does say "Get 'em all." in one of the turtle ball quests. I instantly turned to pokemon.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'm not sure if anybody has posted this before, I honestly haven't checked.
About the Transportalators, especially the one operated by Brataq. Anybody ever watch the movie or long running TV show Stargate? The trasportalator design, and history appear to be based closely on the stargates featured in both the movie and the show. There's even a character named Brataq. I just can't wait to meet a Teal'c somewhere in the spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TackUpwind on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Book 12 is definitely inspired by an anime called Dragon Ball Z.
Another anime that has big influence in the story line is the very popular pirate anime, One Piece. The Yum-Yum fruit comes directly from Luffy's Gum-Gum fruit.
-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 53 Musketeer
actually I think the yum-yum fruit comes from the movie musical "Meet me in St. Louis" The song is called Under the Yum - yum Tree. And it's sung in a pseudo Chinese accent.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Black Bart, the boss in the Abandoned Church...

I looked up a walkthrough for his battle (I was having a hard time) and was sidetracked to a wikipedia page on a real-life pirate also taking the name of "Black Bart"
Black Bart was also a stagecoach robber who left bits of poetry behind after his heists

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:

Loremk Ipsum is used by graphic designers to denote that text should be there, it is has no meaning.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My favorites are the historic people you meet, all of have mention a few - here are mine.
Valencia - Ridolfo Capafero Italian Renaissance author of a manual on swordfighting
Mooshu - Mooyamoto Mooshashi Moyamoto Musashi author of The Book of the Five Rings. You are even given a quest by Lafitte to find the Book of the Six Rings ( swashies do not get that quest )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
actually I think the yum-yum fruit comes from the movie musical "Meet me in St. Louis" The song is called Under the Yum - yum Tree. And it's sung in a pseudo Chinese accent.
Oops major flub on my part - the song is called "Under the Bamboo Tree" There is a 60's comedy called Under the Yum-Yum Tree. This will teach me to check facts before posting

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Loremk Ipsum is used by graphic designers to denote that text should be there, it is has no meaning.
I do understand that, I have also used Lorem Ipsum before in classes, usually the the text is just a long description of the history of Lorem Ipsum, I was just curious that this text was in latin, the Lorum Ipsum I've used before has always been translated.

But as I said, do understand that Lorem Ipsum is just a meaningless place holder.