Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Obtaining house furniture

AuthorMessage
Administrator
How do you like the new housing furniture that's been added as loot drops to the game?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
How do you like the new housing furniture that's been added as loot drops to the game?
Haven't had any drop yet. I get super excited when I get a piece of gear that sounds like it could be furniture, though

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Howdy jack, i have received some housin' item drops, it was an extra pleasant surprise, to be sure! now, how bout no more 1 gold return from them chests! can ye pass that request along?

Community Leader
Was playing last night....

My Friend Scarlet: They said there would be housing drops I havent seen one yet!!!
My Friend Megan: I havent seen one either...

45 seconds later we finish our current battle.. and literally get a living room full of furniture as drops.. lol

Cool stuff, however they may have overdone the pillows. Seems like I get a pillow ever fight now.
Do pirates really like collecting pillows? I mean really!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Cool, sooner than I expected, although I haven’t seen any yet.

Do these drop completely at random or only from specific battles/quests? (I guessing that one day there will be both types).

Community Leader
canuckess on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Howdy jack, i have received some housin' item drops, it was an extra pleasant surprise, to be sure! now, how bout no more 1 gold return from them chests! can ye pass that request along?
Ratbeard has responded to this issue. He says that the 1 gold chests are a result of something else being inside them, like a piece of gear or a housing item. So if you get a 1 gold chest and didn't get any items, that's a bug. Otherwise, it means you just got something to vendor, use, or display!

Also, got my first housing drops in the game last night: wall paper and flooring from Skull Island. Not terribly exciting but the fact that my lvl 11 Witchdoctor was getting things that early is a good sign for the rest of the game!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Haven't gained many drops, especially the fancy housing items.
Also to K.I. The ranch gate housing item can't be placed anywhere in my home. Is it a glitch

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
I am getting plenty of furniture drops. I'm guessing they're approximately 99% pillows!

Can we have a little variety in the furniture drops please?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Pillows seem to be very popular dropped items. I guess someone hit a pillow surplus shop or something. That's fine (money's money when you have enough cushions around the place), but I wouldn't mind being able to pile them up much as Vadima has done in her grotto.

Failing that, it'd be fun to be able to have a massive pillow fight with all my crew when we're at home.