Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Certain Companions in pvp not balanced

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2010
So the monkey king companion needs to be nerfed a bit for pvp. He blocks everything except magic attacks and hits for way to much. Might have to do with the fact that the levels are not balanced. I have them and would gladly take a level hit on my ones above 50 just to make sure that the pvp is balanced.

Developer
That's his job: He's a swashbuckler. He dodges a lot and hits really hard.

Shoot him with Musketeers (high Accuracy, right?) or hit him with specials that he can't dodge.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Well, so you want the Monkey King nerfed in PvP, so then it will be pretty much useless in PvE? I don't think so. Everyone has the opportunity to get the Monkey King, and everyone has the choice to use him in PvP if they wish. I think the Monkey King is one of the better companions you get at the higher levels. He shouldn't be nerfed at all, because it affects ALL players in PvE, which is MORE important than PvP.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "levels are not balanced". Are you talking about the Monkey King, or the Pirates, or other companions?

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
KittyKungFu on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
So the monkey king companion needs to be nerfed a bit for pvp. He blocks everything except magic attacks and hits for way to much. Might have to do with the fact that the levels are not balanced. I have them and would gladly take a level hit on my ones above 50 just to make sure that the pvp is balanced.
My level 50 El Toro completed wasted a level 50 monkey king upon its turn and approach, I don't have a problem with the monkey king and never choose it as one of my top companions in PvP matches. What I do have a problem with is that most companions don't get many talents and don't seem to level and are largely useless and its not possible to drop companions. The reason why we are told we can't drop companions is that it would ruin their system and take variety out of the game, but in PvP you choose who you play with so the variety thing isn't part of PvP and its less enjoyable in game play to not have the companions you wish to play with so I don't get the variety thing as it just makes the players unhappy. It makes little sense to me to have a few companions that get a lot of talents and a bulk of companions that apparently get nothing and then having everyone choose the same small list of good companions in PvP as all the others are simply horrible, I mean where is the variety in that?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
i think it is soo unfair that subodia, as a firstmate is one of the most worthless buccaneer companions in the game, you have to fight a horse barbarian who has riposte, so why cant Sub have riposte too? at his second promotion, which is so dang hard, he should be able to chose riposte. i also think dead mike should have been a swash buckler, he is too lanky to be a buccaneer! :P

and Milo Greytail, he has the worst epics, the epics of a buccaneer

wapeirnhg w
RENGEPWGMJ
O

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
i think it is soo unfair that subodai, as a first mate is one of the most worthless buccaneers in the game, he has some of the worst epics and he cant get the spooky talent, the horse you have to fight in his second promotion has riposte, so why cant sub have it too? at the end of his second promotion, he should be able to get riposte. my brother, a lvl 50 swashbuckler say anyone who bring subodai into a pvp is stupid, and as much as i love subodai, i think he's right

Also, shouldnt dead mike be a swashbuckler? he is WAY to lanky to be a buccaneer :P and he have riposte

Captain
May 13, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Well, so you want the Monkey King nerfed in PvP, so then it will be pretty much useless in PvE? I don't think so. Everyone has the opportunity to get the Monkey King, and everyone has the choice to use him in PvP if they wish. I think the Monkey King is one of the better companions you get at the higher levels. He shouldn't be nerfed at all, because it affects ALL players in PvE, which is MORE important than PvP.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "levels are not balanced". Are you talking about the Monkey King, or the Pirates, or other companions?
exactly. pvp isnt the entire game. people seem to think that