Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite Starting Companion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Hey Everybody, I was wondering what the most liked starter companion is.
Egg Shen
Kan Po
Subodai
Kobe Yojimbo
Wing Chun
Thanks,
Bristly Kevin Lvl 32 Swashbuckler

Community Leader
From what I've seen the first companions tend to start off so-so, get better for awhile after their first promotions but fade into the background again soon, but they *really* shine after their second promotions.

I've only seen Kan Po at that highest tier; I'd mostly ignored him up to that point but with those final Epics he jumped way up into my top-tier group. He's not usually First Mate but Kan Po's been steadily in my top 5 since then.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
my favorit start companion is Kobe Yojimbo, really powerful after his promotion
Level 45
Level 14
level 10

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
Hey, I was wondering what your all's favorite starter companion is. Mine, personally, is a tie between Kan Po and Egg Shen, and I also like both they're Crown versions. My Swashbuckler Has Keisuke Yagi, Kan Po's crown copy, and my Buccaneer has Zang Cha, Egg Shen's crown copy. What is your favorite?

Daring Cody Young, Level 50 - Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
I used to love my Wing Chun, but then his accuracy started to not improve very much and he constantly misses, but I like having Kobe Jojimbo on my Buccaneer so much, that I might buy the Crownpanion version of him on my Musketeer.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Trey The Pirate34 on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
Hey, I was wondering what your all's favorite starter companion is. Mine, personally, is a tie between Kan Po and Egg Shen, and I also like both they're Crown versions. My Swashbuckler Has Keisuke Yagi, Kan Po's crown copy, and my Buccaneer has Zang Cha, Egg Shen's crown copy. What is your favorite?

Daring Cody Young, Level 50 - Swashbuckler
REALLY!!! I just asked that!!!!!!
Bristly Kevin

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
wiz11110 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Egg Shen
Kan Po
Subodai
Kobe Yojimbo
Wing Chun
Thanks,
i'll rate them:
Chun
yojimbo
po
shen
subodai

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i never liked any of the starting companions, but the one i liked the most is Egg! lol mostly because his name is Egg....

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Subodai, just because he's an epic buccaneer.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
wiz11110 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Egg Shen
Kan Po
Subodai
Kobe Yojimbo
Wing Chun
Thanks,
Many people don't give subodai enough credit even though he doesnt have as rough attacks as kan po and kobe he is one of my few companions that never dies in a battle he is very accurate much more than wing chun and kobe. He also his epics that he starts out with vengance strike and bladestorm and two other promotions i gave him relentless for both promotions and now he can get four perfect relentless like el toro which is very helpful. My second is egg shen i never had trouble with him at all and he was an amazing companion for my privateer. As for kobe and kan po i cant say i hate them or like them because i have only had three pirates( privateer, musketeer, and swashbuckler) one in which i deleted because i didnt like the class and the companions ( mostly Wing chun) much which is musketeer i just am not a gun type person i like blades more. But i have heard kobe and kan po are really good so now that i am done with my swashbuckler i might make a buccaneer or a witchdoctor maybe even give it another shot as musketeer pirate. one in which i deleted because i didnt like the class and the companions ( mostly Wing chun) much which is musketeer i just am not a gun type person i like blades more.
If you guys want tell me which class to be next between witchdoctor, buccaneer, and musketer
Find me in the game
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkinswashbuckler lvl 50

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
For me, the order of preference (based largely on appearance) is:

Subodai
Kobe Yojimbo (a.k.a."Burt" because he looks so much like Burt Reynolds)
Kan Po
Egg Shen
Wing Chun

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Musket Man on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
i'll rate them:
Chun
yojimbo
po
shen
subodai
nope! wrong answer
heres the rateings

kan po
kobe yojimbo
egg shen
sobodai
Chun
(Chun is really bad sobodai is a little bad to)

Swashbucklers are the best class
thats why i put the swashbuckler companions chun is worthless my swash bucklers are up top unless you dont train them there horrible

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
The First Swashbuc... on May 5, 2013 wrote:
nope! wrong answer
heres the rateings

kan po
kobe yojimbo
egg shen
sobodai
Chun
(Chun is really bad sobodai is a little bad to)

Swashbucklers are the best class
thats why i put the swashbuckler companions chun is worthless my swash bucklers are up top unless you dont train them there horrible
Thing is, that's your personal opinion, people may have different views on the order, personally, I love subodai, but not everyone does, and I respect that

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i'd say kan po because of critical attack revive and walk in shadows

Ensign
Mar 26, 2013
Subodai was the one I had in beta, so even though I'm now a privateer, he'll always be my favorite.

Smiling Sophia Silver