Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What inspired you Jack?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Kasclepius on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Are you allowed to play pirate101 at all ?, well i get a chance to see you in game ?
Of course he does!

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
Ahoy there one-eyed jack!

It be me
I was meaning to ask you what inspired you to make the characters, I mean I would never of thought of those characters, there to awesome, including the wizard 101 characters. I hope you answer my question but if you're busy I understand

see ye later, Eric

Administrator
Dante ZE pirate on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Question for jack may be a little weird but where is kingisle studios because I wanna work for ki one day btw I heard it was in Austin? but if it is do you ever see tornadoes sorry but it is a weird question
Dante
Hi! Yes, our main offices are located in Austin, Texas. A few years before I moved here, there was a tornado, but they aren't as prevalent here as they are in nearby locations. I will say that it gets very hot in the summertime!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Administrator
Kasclepius on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
Are you allowed to play pirate101 at all ?, well i get a chance to see you in game ?
Not only allowed to play Pirate101, but encouraged! There's no better way to know what the game is like than playing it, right? I do have a lot of duties around here though, so I go afk a lot.

Administrator
MonsieurDevereaux on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Ahoy there one-eyed jack!

It be me
I was meaning to ask you what inspired you to make the characters, I mean I would never of thought of those characters, there to awesome, including the wizard 101 characters. I hope you answer my question but if you're busy I understand

see ye later, Eric
Alas, that is not a question for me, but for Blind Mew. I agree though, we do have some awesome characters in Pirate101.

Administrator
Hello all! Many of you have asked me about how One-Eyed Jack lost his eye. I think the time is finally right to reveal this small piece of lore:

How did One-Eyed Jack lose his eye? It’s one of the great mysteries of the Spiral. Flotsam is full of stories and rumors of course, including a very non-glamorous tale involving an accident with a particularly pointy carrot, which is definitely One-Eyed Jack’s favorite snack, and even his ideal piece of pirating equipment in a pinch (One-Eyed Jack, they say, can do things with carrot slivers others only dream of accomplishing with a set of lock picks). Some say nothing happened to Jack’s eye – the patch is just a disguise, and that the rabbit takes it off when he needs to travel incognito. These theories also often hint that the back of that decorative eye patch has a secret pocket with something special inside. But what could it be – a treasure map, or the picture of a loved one? Nobody’s yet been bold enough to lift Jack’s patch and see. The consensus theory among seasoned pirates is that a high-ranking Armada Clockwork took Jack’s eye in a duel - “blinded his eye” so he’d “think twice about the future,” but that might just be a twist on an ancient Witchdoctor prophecy about a Necromancer whole stole the eye of some magic tree. These are all rumors of course – when asked Jack just laughs, and dodges the question as he always has by telling a new and different story. In the end, only Jack knows the secret behind his eye patch, but perhaps a pirate who works hard enough might earn enough favors to learn the truth.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Hello all! Many of you have asked me about how One-Eyed Jack lost his eye. I think the time is finally right to reveal this small piece of lore:

How did One-Eyed Jack lose his eye? It’s one of the great mysteries of the Spiral. Flotsam is full of stories and rumors of course, including a very non-glamorous tale involving an accident with a particularly pointy carrot, which is definitely One-Eyed Jack’s favorite snack, and even his ideal piece of pirating equipment in a pinch (One-Eyed Jack, they say, can do things with carrot slivers others only dream of accomplishing with a set of lock picks). Some say nothing happened to Jack’s eye – the patch is just a disguise, and that the rabbit takes it off when he needs to travel incognito. These theories also often hint that the back of that decorative eye patch has a secret pocket with something special inside. But what could it be – a treasure map, or the picture of a loved one? Nobody’s yet been bold enough to lift Jack’s patch and see. The consensus theory among seasoned pirates is that a high-ranking Armada Clockwork took Jack’s eye in a duel - “blinded his eye” so he’d “think twice about the future,” but that might just be a twist on an ancient Witchdoctor prophecy about a Necromancer whole stole the eye of some magic tree. These are all rumors of course – when asked Jack just laughs, and dodges the question as he always has by telling a new and different story. In the end, only Jack knows the secret behind his eye patch, but perhaps a pirate who works hard enough might earn enough favors to learn the truth.
AMAZING. SIMPLY AMAZING.

And yet we still don't know exactly how he lost his eye, dagnabbit.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012

Nice Dodge talent!

Ancient Witchdoctor prophecy? Malistaire isn't that old.......

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Here is a question jack is it hard to get a voice in the game for a character for example like ratbeard is it easy or hard to get a voice for a main character like that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

My goodness you have been taking 'delightfully vague' lessons from Blind Mew. Perhaps I have it backwards and he learned from you Someday I should tell you my version from our improv story session and you can add it to your collection. It might even earn me a favor as you do come out the hero in this version .

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Actually, Jack, if you don't mind answering this question - where are the rabbits from, and, by extension, dear old One-Eyed Jack?

Administrator
Tagman5 on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Here is a question jack is it hard to get a voice in the game for a character for example like ratbeard is it easy or hard to get a voice for a main character like that?
Heya! Although I don't do the voices in game, there is quite a process that goes into selecting voice talent. You may be interested in listening to an interview that was conducted by one of our fan sites with our Associate Sound Producer (Sarah Steele) about this very topic!

http://talkintheplank.blogspot.com/2013/06/talkin-plank-episode-34-thalia-melpomene.html

(Although the whole episode is fun, you may want to fast forward to the 16:30 minute mark to hear the interview.)

Administrator
CaptainFlint193 on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Actually, Jack, if you don't mind answering this question - where are the rabbits from, and, by extension, dear old One-Eyed Jack?
Rabbits are indigenous to Wysteria and are the native species!

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Rabbits are indigenous to Wysteria and are the native species!
Huh, cool! Wait, so why did Jack come to Skull Island from Wysteria - it seems like such a nice place! Sorry if my questions are a bit lore-heavy, the recent Story Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo being stickied and locked has led me here, since I really like One-Eyed Jack's character. That, and is Jack technically the pirate lord of Flotsam like Egg Foo Yung is the pirate lord of MooShu?

Administrator
CaptainFlint193 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Huh, cool! Wait, so why did Jack come to Skull Island from Wysteria - it seems like such a nice place! Sorry if my questions are a bit lore-heavy, the recent Story Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo being stickied and locked has led me here, since I really like One-Eyed Jack's character. That, and is Jack technically the pirate lord of Flotsam like Egg Foo Yung is the pirate lord of MooShu?
Pirate lord?! No no no . . . just a simple barkeep, Pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Lol yea right, and I suppose you have a great skiff you wanna sell too .

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
And, if you don't mind me asking, did this simple barkeep leave Wysteria for Skull Island?