Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Empire Bundle Questions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
1.) The new lady centuar companion, how is she compared to most other companions? She has a lot of dangerous stuff.
2.)
a-Will PvP still be fair with the new combat battle standards?
b-Will some fights against the computer only be possible with Battle standards?
c-Will computer enemies have battle standards?
d-How much damage is required to destroy a battle standard?
3.)
a-How long/wide is the imperial galleon compared to the regular eagle galleon?
a2- Will future world galleons be bigger?
b-Can we equip and or farm imperial galleon items into our regular galleon?
c-What new items does the imperial galleon offer?
4.)
a- What if we dont have gamestop near us?
b- Will the bundle be online any time?

Thx, SDH Lv 65

Administrator
Just wanted to chime in here and say that we do have a Player's Guide page now on Battle Standards that may answer a few questions.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
1.) The new lady centuar companion, how is she compared to most other companions? She has a lot of dangerous stuff.
2.)
a-Will PvP still be fair with the new combat battle standards?
b-Will some fights against the computer only be possible with Battle standards?
c-Will computer enemies have battle standards?
d-How much damage is required to destroy a battle standard?
3.)
a-How long/wide is the imperial galleon compared to the regular eagle galleon?
a2- Will future world galleons be bigger?
b-Can we equip and or farm imperial galleon items into our regular galleon?
c-What new items does the imperial galleon offer?
4.)
a- What if we dont have gamestop near us?
b- Will the bundle be online any time?

Thx, SDH Lv 65
I will add my echo to number 4 a & b as I don't live near a Gamestop either. I really wish they would allow us to do an online purchase for those of us that can't get there. If they wish to keep it to US exclusive then fine, just base it on our address, IP or Land address. It is really hard when you really wish to support the game in this way but cannot access that particular store.
Please KingsIsle, can you give us a hand here?

Administrator
The Empire Bundle is exclusive to GameStop, and there are no plans to sell it anywhere else during this exclusive period of time; however, when the Bundle is retired from GameStop . . . there is a chance it may eventually reappear on our website for sale! We haven't done that yet with an online bundle that was once offered in stores, but keep your toes crossed! (I'd say keep your fingers crossed, but I know a lot of our pirates have a hook for a hand.)

In the meantime, maybe there's a kind relative or friend living near a GameStop that's been dying to know the perfect gift to give you for Christmas?

Community Leader
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I will add my echo to number 4 a & b as I don't live near a Gamestop either. I really wish they would allow us to do an online purchase for those of us that can't get there. If they wish to keep it to US exclusive then fine, just base it on our address, IP or Land address. It is really hard when you really wish to support the game in this way but cannot access that particular store.
Please KingsIsle, can you give us a hand here?
What many do not realize is that in order to do these promotions with Gamestop, Walmart, etc. that they likely have to sign contracts setting a "no competition" policy of some kind.

Think about it. If you were to arrange a business to sell your product requiring customers to go to this business to purchase the product, then turn around and offer it electronically for the same price. Most would opt to go directly to you, and not bother going to Gamestop or Walmart. Cuts out the middleman and gets you the product immediately. Without some kind of "no competition" option written into the contracts, it would be a losing venture for third party vendors (ie Gamestop/Walmart).

This is also likely why we see these bundles become available in the KI online stores after an extended amount of time (once the no competition part of the contract expires).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
The Empire Bundle is exclusive to GameStop, and there are no plans to sell it anywhere else during this exclusive period of time; however, when the Bundle is retired from GameStop . . . there is a chance it may eventually reappear on our website for sale! We haven't done that yet with an online bundle that was once offered in stores, but keep your toes crossed! (I'd say keep your fingers crossed, but I know a lot of our pirates have a hook for a hand.)

In the meantime, maybe there's a kind relative or friend living near a GameStop that's been dying to know the perfect gift to give you for Christmas?
Thanks Jack. I guess it's all I can hope for now. I used to be the go to person to get the Gamestop stuff for my friends but now that I have moved I am just as out of reach as they are. Oh well I will just have to invest in pretty ribbons to keep those toes crossed as long as possible.
And yes Dr. Zeppers I well understand all that, it is why I was asking for a rewrite to the standard contracts that have been done since Wizard joined with Gamestop. The have always done it this way and I wanted them to know that some of would love a loophole if it can be pulled off. I understand the contracts of business and customer flow and the hopes for impulse buys, I was just trying to get the hope for factor going. That's all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
What many do not realize is that in order to do these promotions with Gamestop, Walmart, etc. that they likely have to sign contracts setting a "no competition" policy of some kind.

Think about it. If you were to arrange a business to sell your product requiring customers to go to this business to purchase the product, then turn around and offer it electronically for the same price. Most would opt to go directly to you, and not bother going to Gamestop or Walmart. Cuts out the middleman and gets you the product immediately. Without some kind of "no competition" option written into the contracts, it would be a losing venture for third party vendors (ie Gamestop/Walmart).

This is also likely why we see these bundles become available in the KI online stores after an extended amount of time (once the no competition part of the contract expires).
P.S. Re the no competition, I meant Gamestop offering it online, not KingsIsle, I am well aware that it would take profit from Gamestop. I was hoping they would suggest to Gamestop that they allow us to purchase it from them from their online stores.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:

Your absolutely right Dr., Well said i didnt think about that myself, much appreciated.

Community Leader
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
P.S. Re the no competition, I meant Gamestop offering it online, not KingsIsle, I am well aware that it would take profit from Gamestop. I was hoping they would suggest to Gamestop that they allow us to purchase it from them from their online stores.
Ah, well that would be a nice option!

Walmart sells them online, so I would think that issue be an internal Gamestop thing. ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Is it possible for the bundles to ever go on sale at gamestopThanks for answering in advanced.

Administrator
Bold Benjamin Hawk... on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Is it possible for the bundles to ever go on sale at gamestopThanks for answering in advanced.
The Empire Bundles are on sale now at Gamestop.

If you cannot locate the Empire Bundle at any of the Gamestops near you, you can contact the distribution company directly. KingsIsle does not manage the delivery and distribution of our cards to retail stores, that's done by a company called InComm - please contact them at http://www.incomm.com/contact-us/ to make them aware that the cards are not in the retail stores as expected.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
The Empire Bundles are on sale now at Gamestop.

If you cannot locate the Empire Bundle at any of the Gamestops near you, you can contact the distribution company directly. KingsIsle does not manage the delivery and distribution of our cards to retail stores, that's done by a company called InComm - please contact them at http://www.incomm.com/contact-us/ to make them aware that the cards are not in the retail stores as expected.
I wonder if he meant will there ever be a discount on the given price? Ya never know with synonyms, lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
No.... Wait, Is that a homonym? Yup, just checked it and I had the wrong word. It is a Homonym, sorry.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
If you don't see them on shelves don't panic because sometimes you need to ask for it.