Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay: Arena

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: The story behind this: Random people have been teleported from all over the spiral, to battle in a more advanced (unnamed) species' arena. Matches can have anywhere from 2 to 4 fighters.
"Felix Alcott. Take your place at Gladiator station A."

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
OOC: Here I come! I'll be using my swashie this time.

"Sly George Gordon. Assume Gladiator station A."
He felt like he was being controlled in some way, but couldn't put his blade on it. He stepped up to the spot and saw Felix Alcott. His brother had told him about him. When he stepped up, he saw the crowds roaring with pleasure and Jumbotrons were showing his special attacks. He felt like he was frozen in place, and thought his mind was taken away. It was like he was somebody's puppet, at a sense. His thoughts were what the controller told him, and his actions were the 'master's' commands. He was frozen in place, and there was nothing he could do but listen to his puppetmaster.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
"All Combatants, freed. Welcome to the arena. You may think and move freely now."
The doors open, allowing them to walk onto the sandy floor. The place is about the size of a tennis field.
"Fight. The losers, or those who refuse to fight, will be... removed."
Felix pulls a lightsaber out, his eyes turning from a light blue to a dark red.
(OOC: Felix should probably be in a mental hospital, btw.)
He activates the sabre, leveling his hand towards George.
"You're done." The thirteen-year-old Sith announces, lightning flying from his fingers.
When George dodges, they both freeze in place.
"I have forgotten the ruins. Hold."
Strange pieces of stone, resembling Stonehenge, rise from the floor.
"Continue."
They both feel their muscles relax enough to move.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Kai Alcott on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
"All Combatants, freed. Welcome to the arena. You may think and move freely now."
The doors open, allowing them to walk onto the sandy floor. The place is about the size of a tennis field.
"Fight. The losers, or those who refuse to fight, will be... removed."
Felix pulls a lightsaber out, his eyes turning from a light blue to a dark red.
(OOC: Felix should probably be in a mental hospital, btw.)
He activates the sabre, leveling his hand towards George.
"You're done." The thirteen-year-old Sith announces, lightning flying from his fingers.
When George dodges, they both freeze in place.
"I have forgotten the ruins. Hold."
Strange pieces of stone, resembling Stonehenge, rise from the floor.
"Continue."
They both feel their muscles relax enough to move.
"Prepare to die, Alcott. I'll show you the meanings of pain and no mercy." (Did I mention Sly was a little crazy? I think they should be separated.) He dodges the Alcott's attack when they froze for a minute, then resumed fighting. "I'll show you a thing or two! El ze hod nei de!" Suddenly, the Alcott could not see him. The smoke and particles had disrupted the Alcott's Sith force. OOC: Yes, I know a thing or two about Star Wars. "By the power of the Lafayette, I -OW!" His eyes grew red with rage, and he suddenly no longer thought about anything. He just attacked. He did not realize it then, but that was an effect of the Alcott's Sith powers. Felix had taken control of him.
(OOC: Kai, because of what happened, you can take control of my character. Just don't have Felix go insane on him.)

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
GBalance101 on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
"Prepare to die, Alcott. I'll show you the meanings of pain and no mercy." (Did I mention Sly was a little crazy? I think they should be separated.) He dodges the Alcott's attack when they froze for a minute, then resumed fighting. "I'll show you a thing or two! El ze hod nei de!" Suddenly, the Alcott could not see him. The smoke and particles had disrupted the Alcott's Sith force. OOC: Yes, I know a thing or two about Star Wars. "By the power of the Lafayette, I -OW!" His eyes grew red with rage, and he suddenly no longer thought about anything. He just attacked. He did not realize it then, but that was an effect of the Alcott's Sith powers. Felix had taken control of him.
(OOC: Kai, because of what happened, you can take control of my character. Just don't have Felix go insane on him.)
Felix's eyes turn blue again, and the boy mutters a bit and puts both hands up. George thinks this is surrender, until...
The Sith began lowering his hands. The ruins collapse, and the stands, filled with confused aliens, crack and fall. The aliens feel a crushing force, and all run off, as the arena lowers the two back into the Gladiator Dorms.
Felix sends George a message, then releases him. 'Until the next match, we both live.'

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Kai Alcott on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
OOC: The story behind this: Random people have been teleported from all over the spiral, to battle in a more advanced (unnamed) species' arena. Matches can have anywhere from 2 to 4 fighters.
Commander Elizabeth Hunter stood at her spot in the Arena's command central. There was a long cutlass and small pistol at her side, and she stood with the confidence -and arrogance- only a High Commander could.

She smiled, Elizabeth was at the top, in almost complete control of the Arena, at only age 16! Speaking of which... Elizabeth glanced at her watch and shook her head. No, she had to wait until a whole minute had gone by, but still, one little surprise couldn't hurt... at least, it couldn't hurt her.

"Anna," She called to a small brunette sitting at a station. Her voice one of complete authority and power.

"Yes, miss?" Anna replied.

"Activate quicksand puddles."

"Yes, miss." Anna reached over her desk and pressed a few buttons. Elizabeth's eyes flitted to the large screen that showed everything in the arena. If you watched the sand closely, in the right spot, you would see a slight change in the color and positioning.

Elizabeth smiled. Now it was only a matter of time before one of these boys stepped into the quicksand. Of course, it would be a whole lot better if some more, ahem, opponents, joined, but that couldn't be guaranteed. Nevertheless, she would try anyway.

Elizabeth spoke into an intercom. "Selecting Department, this is Elizabeth Hunter. We have expanded the maximum player number to ten, effective immediately. We ask that you send in more persons, preferably ones with a history a fighting. Your pay will increase by 10% per person. Thank you."

(OOC: Those waiting for and opportunity to join, I HAVE GIVEN YOU ONE. So join already! This seems like a promising roleplay!)

Elizabeth sighed, leaned into a chair, and watched the events unfold in the screen before her. Yes, this was a promising day indeed.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Kai Alcott on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Felix's eyes turn blue again, and the boy mutters a bit and puts both hands up. George thinks this is surrender, until...
The Sith began lowering his hands. The ruins collapse, and the stands, filled with confused aliens, crack and fall. The aliens feel a crushing force, and all run off, as the arena lowers the two back into the Gladiator Dorms.
Felix sends George a message, then releases him. 'Until the next match, we both live.'
"Oooh, my head. What... Felix? You... saved me? Why?" He gets the message. "Oh, that's why. Might as well use this time to prepare ourselves." 'Sly, listen to me. It is your puppetmaster. The next match, you will go all out. Do not bother showing mercy. If you do, you will be severely punished afterward. Resist the Sith's power. He will try to control you into surrender. Resist him with all your might. You have been granted Jedi powers with a saber of your own. It is waiting in Room 602.' He went to the room as by the command of his master. He was hit by an electrical shock. After he woke up, he found the lightsaber. He was a changed swashbuckler after that. "All gladiators report to their stations."

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
GBalance101 on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
"Oooh, my head. What... Felix? You... saved me? Why?" He gets the message. "Oh, that's why. Might as well use this time to prepare ourselves." 'Sly, listen to me. It is your puppetmaster. The next match, you will go all out. Do not bother showing mercy. If you do, you will be severely punished afterward. Resist the Sith's power. He will try to control you into surrender. Resist him with all your might. You have been granted Jedi powers with a saber of your own. It is waiting in Room 602.' He went to the room as by the command of his master. He was hit by an electrical shock. After he woke up, he found the lightsaber. He was a changed swashbuckler after that. "All gladiators report to their stations."
OOC: The people in control of the arena do not know anything about the force, or lightsabers. They assume Felix is using some form of hoodoo.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
totallyawesomepira... on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
Commander Elizabeth Hunter stood at her spot in the Arena's command central. There was a long cutlass and small pistol at her side, and she stood with the confidence -and arrogance- only a High Commander could.

She smiled, Elizabeth was at the top, in almost complete control of the Arena, at only age 16! Speaking of which... Elizabeth glanced at her watch and shook her head. No, she had to wait until a whole minute had gone by, but still, one little surprise couldn't hurt... at least, it couldn't hurt her.

"Anna," She called to a small brunette sitting at a station. Her voice one of complete authority and power.

"Yes, miss?" Anna replied.

"Activate quicksand puddles."

"Yes, miss." Anna reached over her desk and pressed a few buttons. Elizabeth's eyes flitted to the large screen that showed everything in the arena. If you watched the sand closely, in the right spot, you would see a slight change in the color and positioning.

Elizabeth smiled. Now it was only a matter of time before one of these boys stepped into the quicksand. Of course, it would be a whole lot better if some more, ahem, opponents, joined, but that couldn't be guaranteed. Nevertheless, she would try anyway.

Elizabeth spoke into an intercom. "Selecting Department, this is Elizabeth Hunter. We have expanded the maximum player number to ten, effective immediately. We ask that you send in more persons, preferably ones with a history a fighting. Your pay will increase by 10% per person. Thank you."

(OOC: Those waiting for and opportunity to join, I HAVE GIVEN YOU ONE. So join already! This seems like a promising roleplay!)

Elizabeth sighed, leaned into a chair, and watched the events unfold in the screen before her. Yes, this was a promising day indeed.
OOC: I said an advanced race's arena, not a human arena. Please do not place yourself in charge of everything, every duel can have a maximum of eight combatants. If you do not wish to fight, you may leave. But I refuse to have a human in charge of the arena.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Kai Alcott on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
OOC: Try to guess what I reference later on.
~
"Elizabeth Tudor of the Fencing Faction, step into the circle, please."

A blonde haired, green eyed 14-year-old swashbuckler stood up from the uncomfortable wooden bench of which she had been sitting, picked up her single silver rapier, then stepped into the aquamarine stoned circle in the middle of the room. When she blinked, she found herself in an arena, with a rocky terrain to the right and a sandy area to the left. Her mind jumped into strategy, immediately considering her surroundings, though her thoughts were interrupted by a male voice.

"Good luck, fair maiden."

Lizzy turned to find her opponent holding an identical rapier. She examined his stance and the way he held his weapon (left-handed, she noticed), before speaking. "To you as well. By the way, my name is Lizzy."

"Pleasure to meet you, Lizzy." The young gentleman said, stepping up to the battle circle casually. "Though forgive me if I want to keep my identity hidden from my opponent until the end of the battle."

"All is forgiven." She chuckled, stepping up to the battle circle as well.

"Assume your positions." Said the same disembodied voice that had directed the two of them there. Both fencers did so. "Let the battle begin."

Neither fencer attacked, though both circled. Lizzy kept her eyes trained on her opponent, and was relieved to find the gentleman do the same, for in doing so surely he had to block out his surroundings, which was to Lizzy's advantage. Both swashbucklers feinted, and neither reacted particularly strongly.

"I can already tell you have some skill and experience in the art of fencing." Said the gentleman.

"Thank you," Said Lizzy, "you do as well. Your stance says that you're prepared for all."

At this, both swashbucklers attacked, and it was obvious to all that neither was at the advantage or disadvantage. A few minutes later, filled with clangs and clatters, Lizzy leaped up onto a rock. "Ah, I see you are using Bonetti's Defense on me." Said the gentleman. "Wise, considering the rocky terrain."

"I thought as much." Lizzy replied with a chuckle.

"Ordinarily I'm sure you would expect your opponent to reply with Capo Ferro." The gentleman switched his style, following Lizzy up the rock.

"Yes, I suspected so. Though I find that Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro quite well, wouldn't you?" Lizzy found herself pressed to the highest rock with nowhere else to go. She skipped to the side and flipped back onto the sand below.

The gentleman smiled down to her, clearly impressed. "Unless, of course, your opponent has studied his Agrippa -" The gentleman back-flipped onto the sand with even more grace than Lizzy with her front flip-"-which I have."

Both swashbucklers laughed giddily, loving the rush that a masterful fencing battle gave them. They launched to each other, both of them clearly enjoying themselves.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
~

A blonde haired, green eyed 14-year-old swashbuckler stood up from the uncomfortable wooden bench of which she had been sitting, picked up her single silver rapier, then stepped into the aquamarine stoned circle in the middle of the room. When she blinked, she found herself in an arena, with a rocky terrain to the right and a sandy area to the left. Her mind jumped into strategy, immediately considering her surroundings, though her thoughts were interrupted by a male voice.

Lizzy turned to find her opponent holding an identical rapier. She examined his stance and the way he held his weapon (left-handed, she noticed), before speaking. "To you as well. By the way, my name is Lizzy."

"Pleasure to meet you, Lizzy." The young gentleman said, stepping up to the battle circle casually. "Though forgive me if I want to keep my identity hidden from my opponent until the end of the battle."

"Assume your positions." Said the same disembodied voice that had directed the two of them there. Both fencers did so. "Let the battle begin."

Neither fencer attacked, though both circled. Lizzy kept her eyes trained on her opponent, and was relieved to find the gentleman do the same, for in doing so surely he had to block out his surroundings, which was to Lizzy's advantage. Both swashbucklers feinted, and neither reacted particularly strongly.

"I can already tell you have some skill and experience in the art of fencing." Said the gentleman.

"Thank you," Said Lizzy, "you do as well. Your stance says that you're prepared for all."

At this, both swashbucklers attacked, and it was obvious to all that neither was at the advantage or disadvantage. A few minutes later, filled with clangs and clatters, Lizzy leaped up onto a rock. "Ah, I see you are using Bonetti's Defense on me." Said the gentleman. "Wise, considering the rocky terrain."

"Ordinarily I'm sure you would expect your opponent to reply with Capo Ferro." The gentleman switched his style, following Lizzy up the rock.

"Yes, I suspected so. Though I find that Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro quite well, wouldn't you?" Lizzy found herself pressed to the highest rock with nowhere else to go. She skipped to the side and flipped back onto the sand below.

The gentleman smiled down to her, clearly impressed. "Unless, of course, your opponent has studied his Agrippa -" The gentleman back-flipped onto the sand with even more grace than Lizzy with her front flip-"-which I have."

Both swashbucklers laughed giddily, loving the rush that a masterful fencing battle gave them. They launched to each other, both of them clearly enjoying themselves.
OOC: The arena is still under repairs. Felix did quite a number on it, and the temporary walls are slightly weaker. That is all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Felix closes his eyes, again. (OOC: GBalance, the people in charge DID NOT have any access to Star Wars items or powers). He gets an idea... just one, small, idea. He jumps into the elevator, tensing his hands, and throwing them in the air. The elevator blasts upwards, showering the two combatants with mud and rocks.
"Sorry 'bout that!" He calls, jumping out of the elevator... from 50 feet in the air.
"Uh-oh."
He floats downwards softly, then puts his feet down on the unfamiliar ground.
"Yes... yes... Hum...." He whispers to himself, staring at the sparkling 'sky'. "Everyone, hold your breath!"
He puts his arms in the air, his palms facing up, and clenches them into fists.
The entire sky seems to shatter, and fall. Intense heat blasts down, as Felix runs away with a small bubble-shield. The air is released into space. "ALL ARENAS LOWERING... GLADIATOR ESCAPE, HIGH RISK. ALL GLADIATORS, TO YOUR Ce-/-/-/-" "Nearest door." Finishes Felix. "Prison break!"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Kai Alcott on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
OOC: The arena is still under repairs. Felix did quite a number on it, and the temporary walls are slightly weaker. That is all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Felix closes his eyes, again. (OOC: GBalance, the people in charge DID NOT have any access to Star Wars items or powers). He gets an idea... just one, small, idea. He jumps into the elevator, tensing his hands, and throwing them in the air. The elevator blasts upwards, showering the two combatants with mud and rocks.
"Sorry 'bout that!" He calls, jumping out of the elevator... from 50 feet in the air.
"Uh-oh."
"Yes... yes... Hum...." He whispers to himself, staring at the sparkling 'sky'. "Everyone, hold your breath!"
The entire sky seems to shatter, and fall. Intense heat blasts down, as Felix runs away with a small bubble-shield. The air is released into space. "ALL ARENAS LOWERING... GLADIATOR ESCAPE, HIGH RISK. ALL GLADIATORS, TO YOUR Ce-/-/-/-" "Nearest door." Finishes Felix. "Prison break!"
OOC: I apologize for the mix-up, I wrongly assumed that there would be multiple arenas in this advanced species' realm, like in Pigswick Academy, Krokotopia, Dragonspyre, and (the towers of) Wizard City. However I was primarily basing my assumption off of the tournament of Pigswick Academy, in which we move up a ranking latter each time we successfully win a match. Because of my mistake, would you prefer for me to bow out of the roleplay altogether or to simply adjust my writing to match the accurate story, in which case warriors from across The Spiral are teleported here against their will, there's only one arena (of which Felix destroyed), and now Felix is causing a 'Prison break'? Though, forgive, I'm still confused. If there's only one arena, then why did you say in your last post, "ALL ARENAS..." implying that there are multiple? Also, to prevent further mix ups in the future, could you please explain all of the important details? Such as, where we are, who's in control of the arena(s?), and why this advanced species is capturing us in the first place?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Kai Alcott on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
"Uh-oh."
OOC: Ok, Sly didn't get anything.
"Woah! Missed me! STOP!!" The swashbuckler's eyes grew red with anger. "Now to get out of this place!! Everyone OUT!" The swashbuckler went at Mach 1, grabbing whoever he could find, which included Felix. "Black Fog!" Soon, everyone was hidden from sight. Everyone escaped.
(Kai, your turn to finish.)

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
OOC: I apologize for the mix-up, I wrongly assumed that there would be multiple arenas in this advanced species' realm, like in Pigswick Academy, Krokotopia, Dragonspyre, and (the towers of) Wizard City. However I was primarily basing my assumption off of the tournament of Pigswick Academy, in which we move up a ranking latter each time we successfully win a match. Because of my mistake, would you prefer for me to bow out of the roleplay altogether or to simply adjust my writing to match the accurate story, in which case warriors from across The Spiral are teleported here against their will, there's only one arena (of which Felix destroyed), and now Felix is causing a 'Prison break'? Though, forgive, I'm still confused. If there's only one arena, then why did you say in your last post, "ALL ARENAS..." implying that there are multiple? Also, to prevent further mix ups in the future, could you please explain all of the important details? Such as, where we are, who's in control of the arena(s?), and why this advanced species is capturing us in the first place?
OOC: Felix destroyed most of the arena walls, but I assumed you were in the red rocky one Felix and Sly fought in.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
~

Oooo! You've been doing research! Very nicely done!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
~

great reference Lizzie, one of my favourite movies,