Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Towering Personalities

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
I don't understand these kind of people. What is the attraction in being rude and mean? These trolls are spending a great deal of time and effort in ruining some other person's fun. Do they already have what they want from the Tower and therefore want to stop others from getting the rare gear or is it because they don't have it and they want to prevent others from getting it?
If some one has spent time being nice and sharing ( as you were ), how can any decent person repay them by being mean? I can understand if they felt slighted and insulted by a team so this is a way to get revenge, but why on earth destroy a player's chances?
What do they gain? Maybe I should start using the names of those who transgress beyond the normal rules so that players can be warned if they see this name in a team up.
A wall of shame sounds like a wonderful idea as long as it is kept truthful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
A wall of shame sounds like a wonderful idea as long as it is kept truthful.
No matter how annoying or just plain painful the experiences with these players were I have refrained from publishing names - and although I would like to begin naming the ones who deliberately try to wreck a tower run, I think I'll not do so here; I'll just warn friends in game as to certain trolls and leave it up to them to decide if they want to chance it with these Nefarious pirates.
I realize that posting names can very soon lead to abuse, and I want no part of that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
No matter how annoying or just plain painful the experiences with these players were I have refrained from publishing names - and although I would like to begin naming the ones who deliberately try to wreck a tower run, I think I'll not do so here; I'll just warn friends in game as to certain trolls and leave it up to them to decide if they want to chance it with these Nefarious pirates.
I realize that posting names can very soon lead to abuse, and I want no part of that.
I completely agree. The ability to prevent abuse just isn't there. Yeah, it would be nice to waggle fingers and hopefully correct behavior but human and troll nature will just not permit that to happen. Just not feeding the trolls is the best way to handle it. Well said.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaarrrrghhh! When will this Doubloons myth die? I was just in the tower on my secondary SB, and some "myth believer" demands that no doubloons are to be used in the Nef-5 fight "because drops are better without doubloons"! When I point out that this is a myth, he begins a long argument on how he didn't use doubloons 3 times and got a weapon each time! The other team members were backing him up and when I said "I'm using doubloons when I feel they're necessary". They begin trying to convince me to believe their foolishness. "Doubloons are a cheat" said one ( this, I suppose, is why doubloons lower drops. )
Well, I've had a enough of such goings on, I told them "goodbye" and exited.

Ensign
May 31, 2014
silver swordcoral on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
I was surprised at that to I always think of ice as a super hitter I think it's just a rumor someone started to make them look bad at hitting when they are not and I know I'm off topic sorry anyways I didn't know there were players like that I mean I have heard that if you battle in a realm that has good luck you'll have good luck and I'm not saying that's true if anyone reads this but I didn't know that myth in the tower till that one thanks for telling about it
The "ice wizards are weak" thing is a rumor. Started by fire wizards. I should know, i said it more than anyone.
-Wolf

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Yeah I agree there are alot of scardy cats and bad people in the spiral. I dI'd all of the side quests until I became level 65 andpeople ask me to help them all of the time and sometimes when I get there they huddle in the back even though they are fine and I take crap tons of damage depending what fight they were in. And trolls suck when they just heal themselves at full health and use worthless buffs that don't help in the situation and leave you to get slaughtered.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
I have a confession to make. I a few weeks ago was the troll. It was the nefarious five fight, and I ended up drinking the potion despite not unequipping my stuff. The thing is though, I didn't quite realize that both people were saying no. One was saying no don't drink it, directly, but the other seemed as if he was saying: yes it's fine. Apparently he was saying no. After a certain point, I was so confused by the other guys indirect speech that I just drank the potion. The first guy stormed off angrily, (don't blame him) while the other guy just commented about how: "That was cold." In case you couldn't tell, it was at this point that I figured out he was saying no. I couldn't stop apologizing for ruining it for him.

This post served mostly as something to get this off my chest, because this has been bugging me, but I also have a point, and that point is; don't always assume that the troll is doing this out of nastiness. He/She could simply be confused, or it might not occur to them that what they're doing is wrong. Heck, they might even be just tired. I beg forgiveness, and apologize one last time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirate101 fan on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
Yeah I agree there are alot of scardy cats and bad people in the spiral. I dI'd all of the side quests until I became level 65 andpeople ask me to help them all of the time and sometimes when I get there they huddle in the back even though they are fine and I take crap tons of damage depending what fight they were in. And trolls suck when they just heal themselves at full health and use worthless buffs that don't help in the situation and leave you to get slaughtered.
Hmmm, I don't know.............I never met a buff that I didn't like.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
How about "Focus Fire" if you're melee class? Or "Dress the Line" right after you've used a hide?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
I have a confession to make. I a few weeks ago was the troll. It was the nefarious five fight, and I ended up drinking the potion despite not unequipping my stuff. The thing is though, I didn't quite realize that both people were saying no. One was saying no don't drink it, directly, but the other seemed as if he was saying: yes it's fine. Apparently he was saying no. After a certain point, I was so confused by the other guys indirect speech that I just drank the potion. The first guy stormed off angrily, (don't blame him) while the other guy just commented about how: "That was cold." In case you couldn't tell, it was at this point that I figured out he was saying no. I couldn't stop apologizing for ruining it for him.

This post served mostly as something to get this off my chest, because this has been bugging me, but I also have a point, and that point is; don't always assume that the troll is doing this out of nastiness. He/She could simply be confused, or it might not occur to them that what they're doing is wrong. Heck, they might even be just tired. I beg forgiveness, and apologize one last time.
I assume that the ones who are "doing it out of nastiness", are quite obvious to most of us: they either drink while wearing the Glowing Eyes, or because they think it's funny to disrupt a Tower run.
Some players flee when they see an unequipped elixir drinker, I don't, I'm now confident in my own skill and gear to be able to fight a 3 v 6 .
Strange that you were confused by mixed signals - are you menu chat? Couldn't you have asked permission on the preceding 7 floors to drink the elixir?
Thank you for your confession.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
Well not buffs that are entirely useless but ones that don't help the class of anyone there. Like if you were in a fight with other people and someone used a will buff even though no witchdoctors are present when you and everyone else are struggling and they are in the back

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Here's another AFK excuse and this one is a doozy! So one player says "I'm going to be afk off and on." then "....in class" Yes! He's in a classroom somewhere playing P101! Then during the Nef-5 fight he announces: "I'm back, I was making a presentation in my.....class."
And all one player wanted to know was - "how did it go?"
I'll leave you to make any comments, you can probably guess what I was thinking.
BTW that run took about an hour and consisted of a magnificent swashie ( ) Two muskets and a witch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirate101 fan on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Well not buffs that are entirely useless but ones that don't help the class of anyone there. Like if you were in a fight with other people and someone used a will buff even though no witchdoctors are present when you and everyone else are struggling and they are in the back
Even those that don't use will offensively will still benefit from from a will boost for if an enemy that boosts with will attacks you, your now higher will may make the difference in preventing them from going critical.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
A while back i was doing the tower and this guy who already has the nefarious badge, decides to drink the potion and i ask him why, and he says that drinking the potion increases the drop rate.Just great another superstition to deal with!Luckily he had his gear unequipped an we ended up winning the battle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rex1556 on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
A while back i was doing the tower and this guy who already has the nefarious badge, decides to drink the potion and i ask him why, and he says that drinking the potion increases the drop rate.Just great another superstition to deal with!Luckily he had his gear unequipped an we ended up winning the battle
I have heard that myth too, its all bogus. But at least you got a smart & considerate player.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
One of the times I was doing the tower, we decided to try it with a max swash, which was me, a max witch doctor, and a level 50 buccaneer. And we did great... Untill the nefarious 5 For one, the witch chose Ratbeard, who isn't the best for nefarious. Two, on his first turn he and Ratbeard ran out to the middle of the board! (Noooo!) Just as I thought, the nefarious swash and buck came and took them out in one turn. Me and the buck were able to take care of the privy, buck, and witch. So I was already about half health, and I took care of the musket, and got the swash to half health, like me. And I couldn't use my hidden attack because of first strike 3. I had him down to about 300 health, and he got me I think we would have won if we hadn't lost out witch so early. So I guess my towering personality is the Kamakazi

Brass Wolf Capstain

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
I have another one that I haven't done, but soooo want to! The Take-out your anger on Nurse Quinn player
Clearly stated, this is when you solo the tower, get to nefarious, choose nurse Quinn, drink the potion, and give her the reprimand she deserves for being such a bad companion!

Truly NEFARIOUS! Ha ha ha!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
comwolf on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
I have another one that I haven't done, but soooo want to! The Take-out your anger on Nurse Quinn player
Clearly stated, this is when you solo the tower, get to nefarious, choose nurse Quinn, drink the potion, and give her the reprimand she deserves for being such a bad companion!

Truly NEFARIOUS! Ha ha ha!
Why not just take her into the Smuggler's Arena and pit her against some of the OP enemies there? It's quicker than the Tower.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I have discovered the statue

My team just finished the floor before nefarious and after one of our team helped get all the chests he just stood there,didn't say a word, we finished the tower without him

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
I have discovered the statue

My team just finished the floor before nefarious and after one of our team helped get all the chests he just stood there,didn't say a word, we finished the tower without him
Lol, "statue" that's a good one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
comwolf on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
One of the times I was doing the tower, we decided to try it with a max swash, which was me, a max witch doctor, and a level 50 buccaneer. And we did great... Untill the nefarious 5 For one, the witch chose Ratbeard, who isn't the best for nefarious. Two, on his first turn he and Ratbeard ran out to the middle of the board! (Noooo!) Just as I thought, the nefarious swash and buck came and took them out in one turn. Me and the buck were able to take care of the privy, buck, and witch. So I was already about half health, and I took care of the musket, and got the swash to half health, like me. And I couldn't use my hidden attack because of first strike 3. I had him down to about 300 health, and he got me I think we would have won if we hadn't lost out witch so early. So I guess my towering personality is the Kamakazi

Brass Wolf Capstain
Strange, it's usually a buccaneer who does that ( charge into combat ). A witch choosing Ratbeard? Actually Ratbeard is a good choice for the Nef-5 fight but not for a witch.
Kamakazi is a good description.

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Why not take her into the smugglers arena? Because then i wouldn't have the pleasure of owning her myself! I won't actually do it though. Just an evil thought of mine

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I agree with Esperanza: Ratbeard is a good choice for the Nefarious 5 fight. Even for a witch! However, running out and exposing himself to trouble is more a reckless swashbuckler thing than the canny companion Ratbeard should be. The very first thing I have Ratbeard do in that fight is cast his shield upon himself. That really helps. I don't usually have him move very far, for optimum defense. His 'hold the line' and 'knock back' abilities are also extremely useful, especially 'hold the line' which he can do every time a new enemy runs up. And with 'first strike' and 'repel boarders' ... yes Ratbeard is my favorite companion to bring into the Nefarious 5 battle, and the companion most likely to survive the experience.

So really, I wouldn't criticize a person for choosing Ratbeard in the Nefarious 5 fight. As for poor Nurse Quinn, well, it's true, I wouldn't bring her into the Nefarious 5 battle, but she has greatly improved with the improvements made for companions. She's not the strongest, but not all companions have to be the strongest, after all. (Her attack is also amusing.) Remember, she is a loyal and brave friend, and deserves respect, even if that respect is "Good pet snacks, Nurse Quinn! Now please go and hunt some more..."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oh boy, a somewhat new one for you guys - not a troll.
The Tardy Elixir User: This player has done everything right; unequipped gear, uses a good companion & understands to avoid using doubloons. However, for some reason, he/she decides to refrain from drinking the elixir the first round. So, of course, when Josef charges down a team mate in the first round the team defeats Josef in the second round and the drinker loses his/her opportunity to drink.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In the tower again, this time with a SB on my secondary account and I was joined by a couple of friends ( names withheld to protect their possible guilt ).
One friend ( a buck ) asked his friend ( a witchdoctor ) if he had his speed engine cheat on and the dreaded word "hack" was used.
Up until this time, it looked like we were going to have a fun run ( not so ).
This set off the other member of the team-up ( also a WD ) on a rant about hackers and insults aimed at the witchdoctor. After 10 minutes of hearing her just rage against the poor guy, I got tired of it and basically told her to shut up ( actually I was more polite than that but it was the gist of my message ), I finally "ignored" her and encouraged the other two to do the same, but the WD was trying to be nice and placate her while the other was having too much fun riling her up. I was curious as to what else was happening so I un-ignored her. ( BIG MISTAKE )!
Well, we reached the Nef-Five battle and as the buck and I guessed, she drank the potion. This surprised the "guilty hacker" ( poor innocent ). We were not floored or even innconvienced by this, as I pointed out to her ( in her bobble headed condition ) we would win and there was nothing she could do about it.
"Yeah, but your companions will die", was her reply.
Oh my, now where in the world will we find enough gold to revive a companion?
I said, "Heh, I have enough gold to revive mine."
I got charmed by Faye and she sent her Yohr to attack me ( such a pleasant girl ) I only regret that I couldn't finish him off, though I came very close.
She continued with us until the middle of the Cotta battle when she was defeated early and then realized no one was going to heal her sorry tushie.
It was soooo much better after she left.