Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Towering Personalities

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
Personalities can be positive and good too, right? I was just curious if any who have had many runs at the tower have run across some great and friendly and positive personalities. It seems that most of the personalities posted lean more to the negative side.

Any tower runners out there have more positive, friendly and nice personalities and/or monikers to share?
Very well then.Let me try.

The Persistant Pirate

Put simply,one of them leaves for unknown reasons,the other one,leaves as well.There's only two pirates left and you two push your way to the Nefarious FIve.
You fight the FIve,and get defeated instantly as Josef uses Reckless Frenzy.Believe it or not,this guy and I returned and tried to defeat the Nefarious Five four times before he said he had to go!And like Dragonmaster,I too am menu chat!And I think this is an amaing personality.

The Likeable Elixir Grabber

Everyone knows I'm menu chat,so I don't know if he asked permission.Anyways,I once went into the tower,and before the battle,one of the Musketeers unequipped his pet and weapon,and replaced all of his gear with level 5+(maybe it was because of fashion?)

He did drink the Elixir of Power and it was a tough fight.

This sounds like a standard authorized Elixir Grabber?No,of course not.Because this one ran around us in circles saying ''Thanks!'' in menu chat so we can all hear.Someone that is actually thankful we fought the NEfarious Six,is an honest and kind pirate.That,and his Chantal Livingstone killed both Josef and Lynne in one round.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I had a wonderful group yesterday. We talked about life, laughed, and supported each other and for a rare time it didn't feel fake or forced. It's nice to get a good group and playing that way is refreshing and is more fun than soloing. Do I like soling better yes because I like to test my ability but it is nice to play with others on occasion.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
In defense of Privateers using attack abilities: This is caused by other classes complaining that we have no attack power and that fighting with us takes forever. Of course it's not true if one buffs the party right but sometimes you can't argue with some people. Also there are some that demand you heal when they think it is fit. You know all my heals and good buffs are on my first page but you know sometimes it works out they don't come up. Most of the time they are pretty reliable but there is a rare time when it doesn't happen. Let's be honest you have to assume they we use our practice points to cross train too and sometimes we have more then buff and heal powers. But if the party is properly cared for let me have a little fun out there too.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
In defense of Privateers using attack abilities: This is caused by other classes complaining that we have no attack power and that fighting with us takes forever. Of course it's not true if one buffs the party right but sometimes you can't argue with some people. Also there are some that demand you heal when they think it is fit. You know all my heals and good buffs are on my first page but you know sometimes it works out they don't come up. Most of the time they are pretty reliable but there is a rare time when it doesn't happen. Let's be honest you have to assume they we use our practice points to cross train too and sometimes we have more then buff and heal powers. But if the party is properly cared for let me have a little fun out there too.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
i also have a privateer max level, yet i understand the frustration on both sides

if your attacker, you wont buff/heal as much

if your passive, you wont attack and deal as much damage

i have thought of a solution, but its not my decision, its the other privateers' decision (im already the passive player regardless of what anyone says)

you CAN play both, but if you are, try to mix in some buffs with attacks, especially heals when people are low, do this and you should make both sides happy

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
Very well then.Let me try.

The Persistant Pirate

Put simply,one of them leaves for unknown reasons,the other one,leaves as well.There's only two pirates left and you two push your way to the Nefarious FIve.
You fight the FIve,and get defeated instantly as Josef uses Reckless Frenzy.Believe it or not,this guy and I returned and tried to defeat the Nefarious Five four times before he said he had to go!And like Dragonmaster,I too am menu chat!And I think this is an amaing personality.

The Likeable Elixir Grabber

Everyone knows I'm menu chat,so I don't know if he asked permission.Anyways,I once went into the tower,and before the battle,one of the Musketeers unequipped his pet and weapon,and replaced all of his gear with level 5+(maybe it was because of fashion?)

He did drink the Elixir of Power and it was a tough fight.

This sounds like a standard authorized Elixir Grabber?No,of course not.Because this one ran around us in circles saying ''Thanks!'' in menu chat so we can all hear.Someone that is actually thankful we fought the NEfarious Six,is an honest and kind pirate.That,and his Chantal Livingstone killed both Josef and Lynne in one round.
Wait are you refering to me when you said you don't know if I asked permission well if you did it didn't give the choice

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
If ye don't want to rely on allies, why not solo the Tower? Yes it will be long and tiring and you may even meet yer end, but it would be a grand accomplishment and you won't have to worry about quitters and what not. If someone slacks on intentionally and gets one of my ally's companions down then I'd just quit, it's unfair being troubled with the burden of doing all the work when someone can help but refuses to, if someone refuses to, then they can do the rest by themselves :x although it is very tiring having to keep restarting the tower because of these kinds of people, but hey, they may have their own reasons and they may not be.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I said I attack if the party is in good health and buffed up but don't get angry because I decided to attack that's all.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
Wait are you refering to me when you said you don't know if I asked permission well if you did it didn't give the choice
No.I was referring to you when you said you met a Persistent Pirate.That's all.Don't worry.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Logan I was trying to explain why some privateers have not found the balance yet. There are some who are working on it but please everybody give them some time to practice some strategies that work for them. It will benefit your teams well.

Sometimes if is difficult to find what players expect. For Privateers it relies on the type of situation the team is in. I pick my companions and buffs based on the type of enemies and traps to expect and I do what is best for the team. That goes for healing too.

That being said privateers have to build their characters based on their own fighting style yet they must still try to meet the demands of protecting a party. These expectations by the party and view of what privateers can and should do often clash. On the one hand in pvp players complain that our buffs and heals make us and our companions superhuman and should be toned down. There players expect the privateer not to rely on buffs and heals alone. In response to this, and players not letting privateers be a part of pvp and setting certain rules and expectations for them, has caused some to cross train attack abilities.

Yet, in the team situation in the dungeon battlefield the shoe is on the other foot and the privateer is supposed to make the team superhuman. Oh yeah, now because it benefits the human team it is beloved. Now the privateer has to sort their powers so that they can meet demands of players in this situation. They are expected for their buffs and heals to always come up even though powers are random. Some have better luck than others.

I'm not trying to put off anybody. I'm just asking for some patience on the part of players to let privateers experiment especially with all the new features and how epics have changed. The privateer that was complained about for casting a few buffs and running into battle was working on finding balance. Cut him some slack.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:
Logan I was trying to explain why some privateers have not found the balance yet. There are some who are working on it but please everybody give them some time to practice some strategies that work for them. It will benefit your teams well.

Sometimes if is difficult to find what players expect. For Privateers it relies on the type of situation the team is in. I pick my companions and buffs based on the type of enemies and traps to expect and I do what is best for the team. That goes for healing too.

That being said privateers have to build their characters based on their own fighting style yet they must still try to meet the demands of protecting a party. These expectations by the party and view of what privateers can and should do often clash. On the one hand in pvp players complain that our buffs and heals make us and our companions superhuman and should be toned down. There players expect the privateer not to rely on buffs and heals alone. In response to this, and players not letting privateers be a part of pvp and setting certain rules and expectations for them, has caused some to cross train attack abilities.

Yet, in the team situation in the dungeon battlefield the shoe is on the other foot and the privateer is supposed to make the team superhuman. Oh yeah, now because it benefits the human team it is beloved. Now the privateer has to sort their powers so that they can meet demands of players in this situation. They are expected for their buffs and heals to always come up even though powers are random. Some have better luck than others.

I'm not trying to put off anybody. I'm just asking for some patience on the part of players to let privateers experiment especially with all the new features and how epics have changed. The privateer that was complained about for casting a few buffs and running into battle was working on finding balance. Cut him some slack.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
i couldnt agree more, also i was just trying to offer a simple solution to those who haven't found the balance either
because the sad thing is, some people dont like to read giant long paragraphs, they prefer the easier short and sweet posts, so thats all i was trying to do, keep the post simple and sweet for those who havent found the balance and need a starting place

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Nicely said showing great empathy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A positive personality ( for a change ) from the tower:
The Mentor: this player gladly shares their knowledge of the tower and gives helpful suggestions ( not orders ). Have you met a mentor in the tower? How did they help you?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2014 wrote:
A positive personality ( for a change ) from the tower:
The Mentor: this player gladly shares their knowledge of the tower and gives helpful suggestions ( not orders ). Have you met a mentor in the tower? How did they help you?
I've met a very nice and helpful person who told me lots of great stuff.

And her name is Esperanza Devereaux.

Ensign
Sep 21, 2013
I got one I was watching my friend do the tower and I like to them the jealous pirate so dragonmaster finally got the masque of the lotus and he eqiupped it and he started to overreact and said really you got to brag about it and then bailed and presume the rest of the people were his friends cause they called him a jerk and then bailed so from now on he's been helping me level currently level 58 and soon we will just go in btw way saying this for him because his member ship expired by and Happy Holidays

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, if you're not tired of tower personalities, here's an AFK Warrior with a worse excuse than the "I gotta get a haircut" one.
I was in a team up in the tower and one of the team ( a witchdoctor ) was always late to the battles; sometimes he joined by the second round or the third round and he was constantly going afk after the battles.
But at the battle with the corrupted Samoorai he actually told us" I'm going afk for five or less than ten minutes." Then he joins us ten minutes later and says " sorry I was watching videos for crowns"
Do I really need to say anything about this? Players, show some consideration! If you need crowns for the second chance chest do it before you go in, or at least wait until you finish the dungeon! You can hang around in the dungeon after you finish, you won't be booted out.

Ensign
May 03, 2010
Personally, I've been afraid to team up- I managed to solo (to the Nefarious Five) the tower, and I feel like the strategies I figured out would be different. I've never used Team Up in pirate101, but through my Dungeon Queuing in WOW, it was NOT the best experience (until I found a mentor who explained the different dungeon roles, and how best to look at non-verbal queues from other players. Since then, I've raised characters to max level by leading dungeon teams... but I failed and was kicked out of nearly 14 groups before I found my mentor. Is the pirate101 team up as cutthroat as that, or is it actually pretty good at dealing with a max level witchdoctor with NO good gear?

PRAISE CTHULHU
Crazy Cody

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DaMiniTroll on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
Personally, I've been afraid to team up- I managed to solo (to the Nefarious Five) the tower, and I feel like the strategies I figured out would be different. I've never used Team Up in pirate101, but through my Dungeon Queuing in WOW, it was NOT the best experience (until I found a mentor who explained the different dungeon roles, and how best to look at non-verbal queues from other players. Since then, I've raised characters to max level by leading dungeon teams... but I failed and was kicked out of nearly 14 groups before I found my mentor. Is the pirate101 team up as cutthroat as that, or is it actually pretty good at dealing with a max level witchdoctor with NO good gear?

PRAISE CTHULHU
Crazy Cody
The terrible examples presented in this post are not representative of the general experience. They're presented here precisely because they were soooo awful. Generally, you'll find very good teams who have good gear themselves, give it a try!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
sarcastiel on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
I've run into a troll myself My team and I were in the nefarious battle, and this Privy named lets just say...Bob. literally sat in the corner until we were down to the buccaneer. (the enemy one lol) and so when we got the buccaneer to low health, Guess what "Bob" did? He drank the potion. Without warning. A fully. maxed. Privy. We wasted 2 hours on that tower, cause we lost the battle. It's a shame how many trolls there are, and how far they'd go just to see someone miserable. But. later that day My friends and I beat the nefarious and got so pretty awesome stuff so. It all turned out good in the end
Wait... how is that possible? I thought you could not drink the potion once one of the nef 5 had died.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, it finally happened, I ended up in a team up that had an Under-Leveled Parasite in the group. I was immediately suspicious when I noticed one of his companions hadn't been promoted. So I moused over his icon on the battleboard - level 25!
Then he began bragging about how many times he'd been in the Tower and all the wonderful Aquila summoning doubloons he had ( and yes he was wearing the Nefarious Sixth Badge ) I thought to myself: no way am I going to drag your tushie up 10 floors just to see you die and get what you don't deserve.
I left the team up. When will KI stop making it possible for under-leveled players to enter?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Well, it finally happened, I ended up in a team up that had an Under-Leveled Parasite in the group. I was immediately suspicious when I noticed one of his companions hadn't been promoted. So I moused over his icon on the battleboard - level 25!
Then he began bragging about how many times he'd been in the Tower and all the wonderful Aquila summoning doubloons he had ( and yes he was wearing the Nefarious Sixth Badge ) I thought to myself: no way am I going to drag your tushie up 10 floors just to see you die and get what you don't deserve.
I left the team up. When will KI stop making it possible for under-leveled players to enter?
I distracted the nefarious five while breaking into love songs and dancing the tango with Faye while behind their backs my buddy Tyler took them out one by one. Best fight I had in a long time! Thanks Ratbeard! DRINK! (Friends let friends drink rum not potion!)

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
Wait... how is that possible? I thought you could not drink the potion once one of the nef 5 had died.
They had reduced one of the Five to low health ( not yet defeated ) when "Bob" drank the potion

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I agree with you all these people are extremely annoying or just make steam come out of my ears. I always ask the people who are with me when we first get in "are you staying to the top" and most of the time its yes and when someone says no i ask "how long are you staying" if they stay at least to nefarious i stay if not i leave. Also always ask if someone will drink the potion and make sure they unequip gear.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I think I found one. It's the Team Up quitter. It sounds a bit lame, but irritates me so much! I usually schedule when I'm doing the tower, and use Team Up. When I've found a full team, I confirm, but them a couple people immediately leave. Today I wanted to do the tower again,(I think this is a Troll), it was a Swashbuckler, myself, a Buck, and a privateer. The swash and privy didn't even show up and me and the Buck had to leave after the first fight.

Another time we were on the 5 battle, I had unequipped everything, and I asked to drink the elixir in advance, and then the witchdoctor ends up doing it! I felt really bad, because with no gear on I was USELESS.

I did have one good time doing the Tower, with really friendly and fun pirates, and we made it through! yay.

Finding a good team is almost as hard as the tower.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you all these people are extremely annoying or just make steam come out of my ears. I always ask the people who are with me when we first get in "are you staying to the top" and most of the time its yes and when someone says no i ask "how long are you staying" if they stay at least to nefarious i stay if not i leave. Also always ask if someone will drink the potion and make sure they unequip gear.
I'm beginning to feel sorry for those who want to drink the potion, if they ask the answer they get is often "no" and very often from someone wearing the Nefarious Sixth badge. Their excuse is "it makes the Tower too long". So then they are left with the resort of potion grabbing.
I have always supported anyone who wants to be nefarious ( personally, I wouldn't touch that potion for ALL the gear in the tower, lol. )
BTW, 8 more runs in the tower and I'll have my Manchurian Champion badge!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
I'm beginning to feel sorry for those who want to drink the potion, if they ask the answer they get is often "no" and very often from someone wearing the Nefarious Sixth badge. Their excuse is "it makes the Tower too long". So then they are left with the resort of potion grabbing.
I have always supported anyone who wants to be nefarious ( personally, I wouldn't touch that potion for ALL the gear in the tower, lol. )
BTW, 8 more runs in the tower and I'll have my Manchurian Champion badge!
Woot Woot, Great job there. *Hands case of Red Bull Yum to get you through such a wonderful milestone*