Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Weird bug about hitting props

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Hey guys. Nice To meet you pirates out there but I have this bug (maybe). I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but every time someone hits a prop or a object like an exploding barrel, It won't allow me or my companions to hit anything but enemies. If I try to do something like Stock assault on a prop, it passes the round on the companion unless I hit the enemies or move. Bottom line is that whenever I hit a prop or someone does, None of my companions, me or the pirates helping me will be able to, and that bug won't let me attack people surrounded by props.
Thanks for reading that kinda long post about some minor bug

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have noticed this same thing recently. They can be destroyed in area affects that don't specifically target them, but cannot be themselves directly targeted.

Last night one of my pirates went to rescue the Free Ranger from the Silver Stallion, and I had the same problem with the four spectral fires you have to quench to force English Bill to flee: I could not target them. Bit of a bummer, as English Bill was shooting very important bits off my crew far longer than he should have been. I have done this quest with another pirate a couple of weeks back, and she did not have this problem that I recall. So I think it is a new glitch.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Avenging Scarecrow on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys. Nice To meet you pirates out there but I have this bug (maybe). I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but every time someone hits a prop or a object like an exploding barrel, It won't allow me or my companions to hit anything but enemies. If I try to do something like Stock assault on a prop, it passes the round on the companion unless I hit the enemies or move. Bottom line is that whenever I hit a prop or someone does, None of my companions, me or the pirates helping me will be able to, and that bug won't let me attack people surrounded by props.
Thanks for reading that kinda long post about some minor bug
Hello Avenging Scarecrow and welcome to the message boards.....glad to have you aboard!

There's been a lot of posting about this recently and a few threads that have popped up detailing the very same possible bug(s) you are describing. I believe that the KI developers wanted to change certain things about being able to attack and use objects to our advantages (possibly, primarily via AoE attacks), but it seems that some changes to attacking breakable objects have caused a bit of a buggy situation for normal attacks.

Hopefully a developer can shed some light and insight on if this is working as intended or if bugs have infested the Spirals crates, boxes and shipping warehouses and possible extermination is needed.

Again, welcome to the boards and hope you enjoy your posting here.

Developer
From Tech: "If a player targets and then untargets an obstacle, you won't be able to target that obstacle until the next round."

This is a known bug, and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks. But I am pretty sure that in some cases you cannot target something in the first place. I am not sure about last night's fight with the Duck of Death and his evil little fires, but I had previously noted (when fighting my way through his screen of defending ships) that on boarding actions I was no longer able to target any of the ice obstacles on my ship (and earlier I had noticed the same thing with normal fire obstacles on my ship during a boarding action). I think I have seen the same thing with furniture, but wouldn't swear to it as that might have been a case of targeting, untargeting, and attempting to retarget. But with the obstacles, I am confident that I was no longer able to target them at all.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
That's useful, RB, but sadly, I sometimes cannot target props in the first place, and I KNOW they are target-able. Other pirates in the past could smack on 'em just fine.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Tackled the Duck of Death at Boot Hill last night. The second fight, on the Darkmoor ship, is more challenging when you cannot target the powder kegs. Not as bad as the first fight when you are in the Skyway and he is invulnerable until you have quenched the fires, though. In the second Boot Hill fight you can take him and his crew out of action, and then sort through your powers looking for enough area effect attacks to blow the kegs. Fortunately, I had enough. But if my Privateer had not taken Musketeer as her second school, I do not think she could have completed that fight.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
This bug has a bigger effect on the lower level pirates, it seems. Exhibit A: the Ch'ok Ak'ab fight. My musketeer recently fought that fight, and to win you have to destroy a 250 HP statue. This is more health than these lower level pirates have ever seen, all three new expansion bosses have less health than the statue. And the statue was only targetable by my pirate. And, i couldnt aim my powers at the statue, so i had to hack away continually while i had my companions distract the boss, so one of them died by the time i destroyed the statue.