Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Petropolis- New Bundle or House idea

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
PETROPOLIS BUNDLE

Here is an idea I had for a future bundle for all us critter craving pirates.

The Petropolis Bundle would come with a Pet's Paradise house with unique features (to follow), a complete set of critter themed furniture packs (like the class themed packs), 3 random & uniquely exotic pets, a new "Call of the Wild" Battle Standard, & a Poodle companion named Poodleby Do'lots (aka Doctor Do'lots)-- the apostrophe coming from "The Doctor" being raised by the Krokotopian Hep Kat'mun. Poodleby was a tiny, Marleybonian colonized & owned island and village and all girl residents carry the name Poodleby, while the males share the name of Hughdleby- pronounced hew-dull-bee.

You see ol' Hep found & saved Do'lots as an infant, after her family had mysteriously disappeared when a Mystic Fog & other sinister forces residing in the fog invaded their village. All inhabitants vanished, as if having never even existed...except for tiny Poodleby. Hep raised the young one & taught her the ancient & mysterious arts of Morphomancy. This leads to perhaps one of the best features of the pack-- a PUPPET SHOW! When you purchase the pack you receive the new puppet show, explaining how Poodleby was orphaned, how Hep found her & raised her in the arts of Morphomancy & Pet Mastery-- teaching her the secrets to harnessing a pet's untapped potential. When you equip & enter your Pet's Paradise home for the first time, it initiates the Puppet Show as it loads the new House and files.

HOUSING FEATURES

Pet's Paradise would be a critters dream come true-- not so bad for a pirate either. There would 5 distinct exterior locations to set up your pets & decorate:

Molten Mountain- Area where you can't help but feel HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Complete with Lava Falls, mini-volcanoes that shoot lava from one to another in an arcing aerial display! Perfect fit for some smokin' hot pets!
Frosted Lakes- Small frozen lakes with ice stalagmites rising up in glorious & bitter cold goodness! An icy, arched bridge with an overlook, extends over one of the lakes & connects to a small Ice Tower.
Cursed Caverns- Haunted eeriness abounds in these underground escapes. Sounds of sinister shrieks travel on the underground winds. Trap doors & moving floor tiles complete the spooktacular feel.
Fields of Dreams- Beautiful flowing field of lush greens, flowers & exotic plants as well. Every cuddly pets dream spot! Perfect place to decorate with the picnic housing items from the packs!
Whispering Waters- A watery wonderment, surrounding a thankful landmass. Water cannons allow you to playfully shoot at jumping sea critters as they pass. An interactive cascading waterfall let's you try your luck every 24 hours, as it randomly gifts, gold, pet energy, snacks or even the ultra rare pet eggs!

At the top of the actual pirate home (described in another post) will be a giant eagle's nest, in which you can place items or even eggs before they hatch!

More to come...like the pets, house and other features.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
PETROPOLIS BUNDLE

Here is an idea I had for a future bundle for all us critter craving pirates.

The Petropolis Bundle would come with a Pet's Paradise house with unique features (to follow), a complete set of critter themed furniture packs (like the class themed packs), 3 random & uniquely exotic pets, a new "Call of the Wild" Battle Standard, & a Poodle companion named Poodleby Do'lots (aka Doctor Do'lots)-- the apostrophe coming from "The Doctor" being raised by the Krokotopian Hep Kat'mun. Poodleby was a tiny, Marleybonian colonized & owned island and village and all girl residents carry the name Poodleby, while the males share the name of Hughdleby- pronounced hew-dull-bee.

You see ol' Hep found & saved Do'lots as an infant, after her family had mysteriously disappeared when a Mystic Fog & other sinister forces residing in the fog invaded their village. All inhabitants vanished, as if having never even existed...except for tiny Poodleby. Hep raised the young one & taught her the ancient & mysterious arts of Morphomancy. This leads to perhaps one of the best features of the pack-- a PUPPET SHOW! When you purchase the pack you receive the new puppet show, explaining how Poodleby was orphaned, how Hep found her & raised her in the arts of Morphomancy & Pet Mastery-- teaching her the secrets to harnessing a pet's untapped potential. When you equip & enter your Pet's Paradise home for the first time, it initiates the Puppet Show as it loads the new House and files.

HOUSING FEATURES

Pet's Paradise would be a critters dream come true-- not so bad for a pirate either. There would 5 distinct exterior locations to set up your pets & decorate:

Molten Mountain- Area where you can't help but feel HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Complete with Lava Falls, mini-volcanoes that shoot lava from one to another in an arcing aerial display! Perfect fit for some smokin' hot pets!
Frosted Lakes- Small frozen lakes with ice stalagmites rising up in glorious & bitter cold goodness! An icy, arched bridge with an overlook, extends over one of the lakes & connects to a small Ice Tower.
Cursed Caverns- Haunted eeriness abounds in these underground escapes. Sounds of sinister shrieks travel on the underground winds. Trap doors & moving floor tiles complete the spooktacular feel.
Fields of Dreams- Beautiful flowing field of lush greens, flowers & exotic plants as well. Every cuddly pets dream spot! Perfect place to decorate with the picnic housing items from the packs!
Whispering Waters- A watery wonderment, surrounding a thankful landmass. Water cannons allow you to playfully shoot at jumping sea critters as they pass. An interactive cascading waterfall let's you try your luck every 24 hours, as it randomly gifts, gold, pet energy, snacks or even the ultra rare pet eggs!

At the top of the actual pirate home (described in another post) will be a giant eagle's nest, in which you can place items or even eggs before they hatch!

More to come...like the pets, house and other features.
I should have known you'd be the one to come up with something like this.
This is just amazing. I'm picturing the arrangement of these areas as something like Helgrind Warren in Wizard101. I think that KI should definitely make something like this to display all our pets and the cool stuff from the Grizzly Beast Pack; and while we're at it, they should also increase how many pets we can put in our houses, or at least a potion that lets us do so like the bric-a-brac one.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Serpent10611 on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
I should have known you'd be the one to come up with something like this.
This is just amazing. I'm picturing the arrangement of these areas as something like Helgrind Warren in Wizard101. I think that KI should definitely make something like this to display all our pets and the cool stuff from the Grizzly Beast Pack; and while we're at it, they should also increase how many pets we can put in our houses, or at least a potion that lets us do so like the bric-a-brac one.
Helgrind Warren.....how on middle earth do you know my grandma's neighbor?

I'll have to check out this "Helgrind Warren", as I have not played Wizard101 before. Thank you for the vote of confidence and YES!, YES!, YES! I too was thinking about a bric-a-brac type of potion just for pets and in fact that was going to be part of the "More to come...which is still to come", just wanted to wait for the thread to open so I could quote for all my verboseness. How about a Hoof-n-Hide or Meow-n-Moo potion that we can purchase to increase the pet #s or maybe Squeak-a-Squawk.

I think with all of the hubbub surrounded pets these days, a pet themed house would be just what the witchdoctor ordered-- FIZZLE!! I know that a bundle tailored towards our pets would be right up my alley and I surely would be purchasing it-- you can bet your "Puss in Boots" on it!

Again...more to come...eventually that is. Thanks again!

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
Helgrind Warren.....how on middle earth do you know my grandma's neighbor?

I'll have to check out this "Helgrind Warren", as I have not played Wizard101 before. Thank you for the vote of confidence and YES!, YES!, YES! I too was thinking about a bric-a-brac type of potion just for pets and in fact that was going to be part of the "More to come...which is still to come", just wanted to wait for the thread to open so I could quote for all my verboseness. How about a Hoof-n-Hide or Meow-n-Moo potion that we can purchase to increase the pet #s or maybe Squeak-a-Squawk.

I think with all of the hubbub surrounded pets these days, a pet themed house would be just what the witchdoctor ordered-- FIZZLE!! I know that a bundle tailored towards our pets would be right up my alley and I surely would be purchasing it-- you can bet your "Puss in Boots" on it!

Again...more to come...eventually that is. Thanks again!
Relax, I don't know anyone by the name of Helgrind Warren or anything close to that. (I know you're joking, but just in case, you and I are probably miles away from each other so nothing to worry about ). Anyway, Helgrind Warren is basically a central room with a watery cave, volcanic cave, forested clearing, and sand dunes branching off from it.
Now I've also been thinking about that companion you provided and it seems, from how you described it, like she's a mystic witchdoctor similar to Hep. It's all well-and-good but, if I may, I'd like to offer her an alternative profession that I think would be more fitting for a pet-based bundle: a ringmaster (or ringmistress, as the case may be). And by all means she can keep her name; Poodleby Do'lots is too punny to discard . I picture her as a swashbuckler dressed in a ringmaster's outfit with a bullwhip, even greater than El Toro's, as her signature weapon. Her powers could include summoning a plethora of pets like witchdoctors summon skeletons and one or two powers that allow her to attack with her whip at range. As for that potion, maybe it could be called "Rancher's Roundup Elixir".
Well, hopefully KI can make this dream reality but I guess we'll have to wait for "more to come" .

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Serpent10611 on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
Relax, I don't know anyone by the name of Helgrind Warren or anything close to that. (I know you're joking, but just in case, you and I are probably miles away from each other so nothing to worry about ). Anyway, Helgrind Warren is basically a central room with a watery cave, volcanic cave, forested clearing, and sand dunes branching off from it.
Now I've also been thinking about that companion you provided and it seems, from how you described it, like she's a mystic witchdoctor similar to Hep. It's all well-and-good but, if I may, I'd like to offer her an alternative profession that I think would be more fitting for a pet-based bundle: a ringmaster (or ringmistress, as the case may be). And by all means she can keep her name; Poodleby Do'lots is too punny to discard . I picture her as a swashbuckler dressed in a ringmaster's outfit with a bullwhip, even greater than El Toro's, as her signature weapon. Her powers could include summoning a plethora of pets like witchdoctors summon skeletons and one or two powers that allow her to attack with her whip at range. As for that potion, maybe it could be called "Rancher's Roundup Elixir".
Well, hopefully KI can make this dream reality but I guess we'll have to wait for "more to come" .
Yeah, I was merely joking-- buuuuut if you do happen to see Ms. Helgrind, please do say hello for me!

With that description of Helgrind Warren, I'd say that it is pretty magnificent and probably a spectacular sight. The dunes part is a great idea too, with all of the scorpions and such we have running around...although scorpions are EVERYWHERE!!! Yikes!

Yeah, originally I was kind of thinking more of Ms. Poodleby as a Privateer Companion that specialized in summoning our pirates' pets and/or extra critters on the board, with a variety of powers to boost and buff them and also with healing type spells as well. I see her as kind of a crossover between Privy and Witch, kind of a Privy in the mold of her fellow canines Lucky Jack and Gracie, but learning witchdoctor-y ways from ol' Hep-- hey, he just loves to hep out.

For the WD in her, I envision a spell power that would summon "mini versions of our pets and the pets she summoned"! Like say our pet showed up and she summoned 2 more pets, then she would use a power in which 1 or 2 "lesser versions" of all 3 of those critters would manifest and jump in the mix-- then we set that "Call of the Wild" Battle Standard. The power could be called something like "Critter Call" or "Cy-clone" or "Duplication" or "Duplicity" or "Facsimile"? We need a really good "all class available" Privy companion that is more true to what the class is and represents...but with a twist of lemon. The Doctor in "Doctor Do'lots" was of course to follow along with the Literary reference and the pun usage-- as was the "Hugh"dleby.

But a whip crackin' Swashbuckler with summoning abilities is an interesting concept as well and I love the ideas you came up with-- the class of Ringmaster (and the look as well) would be fantastic. I'm still thinking Privy, only because it seems we have the other classes represented pretty well for companions that all classes can get their hands on. Plus for all of the summons and pet powers, having Will as the main attribute, would add to the effectiveness of all those will based powers Ms. Do'lots would possess.

That's also a great name for the potion too! Seems you conjured up the "more to come" before it arrived.

...still, more to come! Just have to get those creative juices out of the carton and into the mug.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2009
yes yes YES!

this sounds like a great idea!

kingsisle better add it

if they dont

then ill be all like

Jordan Armstrong - Level 65