Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Shock and Paw" thoughts & requests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hi!

I noticed that this part of the forums has started to become inactive lately, along with past posts being locked for after a few months of inactivity, so I thought I might as well say something to get this up and running again.

Through my adventure in the Cavern of the Crescent Moon's instance quest, "Shock and Paw", I noticed some things while I was in there...

I've fought Martin Valvida and Moresco De Valvida there, twice, but I noticed a little plot gap in that instance's quest & I have this to say. There was supposed to be another brother of the Valvidas that were twisted by the Monkey's Paw upon wishing that should serve as the last boss of the instance and Book 3's final boss with the two Valvida brothers fighting alongside, but there isn't Valvida Brother #3. If you think it's consumed by the Deep Terror, no, I don't think so. If it would be the case, he would recklessly fight his way out of the Deep's stomach and run, or swim, away. Old Scratch said that Moresco was the second of the Valvida brothers, but I don't see another Valivda brother in that instance. Plus, Mendez De Valvida was the only one who wasn't affected by the Paw by wishing on it, and he was the Paw's guardian after he vowed to do it once he took it from the twisted Valvida Brothers, & is the last of the Valvida brothers. I would kindly request of you to add in a new boss enemy that is the missing last twisted Valvida brother that is to be the final boss to the Cavern of the Crescent Moon with unique loot drops added & a Second Chance Chest added for after his defeat, along with that being a new unlockable Crowns Shop companion with the two Valvida brothers after earning the Badge, that needs to be updated to accommodate that new unlockable companion, Order of St. Dorotea, to fill in the plot gap in that quest.

Plus, I would like to see a new secret boss added to that instance with unique loot drops to that boss only, a new Badge by defeating it, & a Second Chance Chest for after that secret boss' defeat. I would like for it to be a long-lost, ridiculed Valvida brother who was, years ago, the runt of the litter before being caught in the events of their demise as the lowest of the Valvida brothers, & twisted by the Monkey's Paw by wishing on it to get payback on the brothers & was chained & sealed into the depths of the Flooded Cavern's new chamber added to that part of the instance.

I kindly ask of you to revise that instance to accommodate my requests, please. What do you think of my thoughts? Hope you can think of this, P101 team.

Thanks once again for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, if that dungeon's last battle only consists of a rematch against the two Valvida brothers with no new opponent with them in that battle to even consider it another of the Valvida brothers & a proper final boss to that dungeon, how would it feel to have a dungeon like that without a proper final boss? Honestly, to me, a little bit, to place it finely... redundant. Didn't any of you Pirates think of that? I ask you.

Ensign
May 23, 2014
Trimond297 on Jan 29, 2015 wrote:
Hi!

I noticed that this part of the forums has started to become inactive lately, along with past posts being locked for after a few months of inactivity, so I thought I might as well say something to get this up and running again.

Through my adventure in the Cavern of the Crescent Moon's instance quest, "Shock and Paw", I noticed some things while I was in there...

I've fought Martin Valvida and Moresco De Valvida there, twice, but I noticed a little plot gap in that instance's quest & I have this to say. There was supposed to be another brother of the Valvidas that were twisted by the Monkey's Paw upon wishing that should serve as the last boss of the instance and Book 3's final boss with the two Valvida brothers fighting alongside, but there isn't Valvida Brother #3. If you think it's consumed by the Deep Terror, no, I don't think so. If it would be the case, he would recklessly fight his way out of the Deep's stomach and run, or swim, away. Old Scratch said that Moresco was the second of the Valvida brothers, but I don't see another Valivda brother in that instance. Plus, Mendez De Valvida was the only one who wasn't affected by the Paw by wishing on it, and he was the Paw's guardian after he vowed to do it once he took it from the twisted Valvida Brothers, & is the last of the Valvida brothers. I would kindly request of you to add in a new boss enemy that is the missing last twisted Valvida brother that is to be the final boss to the Cavern of the Crescent Moon with unique loot drops added & a Second Chance Chest added for after his defeat, along with that being a new unlockable Crowns Shop companion with the two Valvida brothers after earning the Badge, that needs to be updated to accommodate that new unlockable companion, Order of St. Dorotea, to fill in the plot gap in that quest.

Plus, I would like to see a new secret boss added to that instance with unique loot drops to that boss only, a new Badge by defeating it, & a Second Chance Chest for after that secret boss' defeat. I would like for it to be a long-lost, ridiculed Valvida brother who was, years ago, the runt of the litter before being caught in the events of their demise as the lowest of the Valvida brothers, & twisted by the Monkey's Paw by wishing on it to get payback on the brothers & was chained & sealed into the depths of the Flooded Cavern's new chamber added to that part of the instance.

I kindly ask of you to revise that instance to accommodate my requests, please. What do you think of my thoughts? Hope you can think of this, P101 team.

Mendez de Valvida was the third brother. Sure, he didn't turn into a demon, but he still had to stay in that haunted cave for a long time and wait for someone to guess the right paw. There is no plot gap.

As for adding a new brother, they could do it, but they'd have to go back and change the written dialogue, as well as the voiceovers, in all the former quests, to '4 brothers'.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 29, 2015 wrote:
Hi!

Mendez was the third brother and the effect of his curse was to make him stay as the guardian of the Monkey's Paw for the rest of his life ( perhaps his heart was less tainted by greed than his brothers, which is why it didn't utterly destroy him ).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
"For here three brothers were undone...One wished his fallen troops might rise, the other to fly into the skies...A wish for water brought a Terror from the deep - after this error, I, the youngest brother born, did hide the Paw..."

Sorry, but all three brothers and all three wishes are definitely accounted for.

I do like the idea of a hidden boss there in the area. I like hidden bosses with unique loot.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
"For here three brothers were undone...One wished his fallen troops might rise, the other to fly into the skies...A wish for water brought a Terror from the deep - after this error, I, the youngest brother born, did hide the Paw..."

Sorry, but all three brothers and all three wishes are definitely accounted for.

I do like the idea of a hidden boss there in the area. I like hidden bosses with unique loot.
Correction: Mendez de Valvida is the only one out of the brothers who were not undone by the Paw's wishes turned disasters by impurity and greed. He only took the Paw and stashed it away into a chamber he made to guard the Paw and forged his last test to protect the Paw unless only one who can figure out the right paw. Sure three wishes were done by the Valvida brothers, but Mendez wasn't changed like his brothers. He's the only normal Monquistan out of his twisted brothers. I really doubt that he was the last of the Valvida brothers who would be undone by the Paw by wishing on it. Didn't you think of that?

Plus, there isn't an original opponent placed in the instance's last battle that should be even considered an actual last boss in that instance, not to mention the last boss of Book 3 itself, too. Didn't you notice that? I mean, without an original opponent in that instance's last battle to even consider that the dungeon's actual last boss, the last battle doesn't feel, well... fresh & epic as that last & Epic Battle should be. Plus, the victory condition should be changed to defeat the three bosses, the two being the recurring Valvida brothers, & the last being a new boss enemy added in that last battle that sets to be the last boss of the instance & Book 3's last boss, complete with unique loot drops suited to that instance's suitable levels & a Second Chance Chest for after their defeat.

Glad you do like it, because I think the instance's secret boss would be a long lost forgotten Valvida brother that secretly stowed away in one of their ships to claim their prize in hiding before they got swept into the La Mancha war, cursed by remnants of the Paw's powers by trying to wish on it that made him a twisted monstrosity & was forever exiled beneath the Cavern's watery depths, never to resurface again, awaiting the day of that lost Valvida brother's reckoning, in the Flooded Cavern's new hidden chamber added to that part of the dungeon. Also, secret bosses should have interesting bits of intriguing hidden storyline twists upon encountering them, because that what makes secret bosses very interesting, besides their own unique custom loot drops & having Second Chance Chests for after their defeats... & the fact that there is only one secret boss in the game, as of right now, according to one of Ratbeard's posts on letting us know of any available secret bosses in P101. Did you know that?

Overall, I say we need more new secret bosses added to P101. Wouldn't you agree to this?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I liked that there wasn't another "Epic battle," -- too many battles spoil the dungeon -- however, I was very disappointed by not even having to choose the Paw ourselves. The ending with just knowing and grabbing the correct one left me a little flat. I really expected it to be like solving a riddle or something, like in the Indiana Jones movie.

And yes, as the previous posters stated -- the final brother was changed, just like in the Indiana Jones movie, he had to live there alone in the cave and grow older and older, not being able to die until someone came who succeeded in the quest.

Monquista is definitely a short, small world, just like it's inhabitants. Plenty of room for more skyways, though...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Correction: Mendez de Valvida is the only one out of the brothers who were not undone by the Paw's wishes turned disasters by impurity and greed. He only took the Paw and stashed it away into a chamber he made to guard the Paw and forged his last test to protect the Paw unless only one who can figure out the right paw. Sure three wishes were done by the Valvida brothers, but Mendez wasn't changed like his brothers. He's the only normal Monquistan out of his twisted brothers. I really doubt that he was the last of the Valvida brothers who would be undone by the Paw by wishing on it. Didn't you think of that?

Plus, there isn't an original opponent placed in the instance's last battle that should be even considered an actual last boss in that instance, not to mention the last boss of Book 3 itself, too. Didn't you notice that? I mean, without an original opponent in that instance's last battle to even consider that the dungeon's actual last boss, the last battle doesn't feel, well... fresh & epic as that last & Epic Battle should be. Plus, the victory condition should be changed to defeat the three bosses, the two being the recurring Valvida brothers, & the last being a new boss enemy added in that last battle that sets to be the last boss of the instance & Book 3's last boss, complete with unique loot drops suited to that instance's suitable levels & a Second Chance Chest for after their defeat.

Glad you do like it, because I think the instance's secret boss would be a long lost forgotten Valvida brother that secretly stowed away in one of their ships to claim their prize in hiding before they got swept into the La Mancha war, cursed by remnants of the Paw's powers by trying to wish on it that made him a twisted monstrosity & was forever exiled beneath the Cavern's watery depths, never to resurface again, awaiting the day of that lost Valvida brother's reckoning, in the Flooded Cavern's new hidden chamber added to that part of the dungeon. Also, secret bosses should have interesting bits of intriguing hidden storyline twists upon encountering them, because that what makes secret bosses very interesting, besides their own unique custom loot drops & having Second Chance Chests for after their defeats... & the fact that there is only one secret boss in the game, as of right now, according to one of Ratbeard's posts on letting us know of any available secret bosses in P101. Did you know that?

Overall, I say we need more new secret bosses added to P101. Wouldn't you agree to this?
Secret bosses, sure. I hope they're added in the next update. Excuse me for being selfish, but I don't care about adding anything to a low level dungeon, that was full enough of battles and challenging for that level.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
I liked that there wasn't another "Epic battle," -- too many battles spoil the dungeon -- however, I was very disappointed by not even having to choose the Paw ourselves. The ending with just knowing and grabbing the correct one left me a little flat. I really expected it to be like solving a riddle or something, like in the Indiana Jones movie.

And yes, as the previous posters stated -- the final brother was changed, just like in the Indiana Jones movie, he had to live there alone in the cave and grow older and older, not being able to die until someone came who succeeded in the quest.

Monquista is definitely a short, small world, just like it's inhabitants. Plenty of room for more skyways, though...
I didn't say I want another battle added in that dungeon. I was only saying that there should be a new opponent added to that last battle to consider it that dungeon's proper last boss, with unique loot drops & a Second Chance Chest, instead of that only having a rematch of the two Valvida brothers. Now that last battle in that dungeon felt a little flat to me.

Ratbeard was the one to point out the obvious, knowing that the Paw was fixed to the golden scepter itself, but, eh. It's not too surprising.

Sure, it's small right now, but that world will receive more Skyways to explore in time.