Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Five Nights at Skull Island

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I been reading the post on this and well I don't think its not that no one is listening to you I think it's just because they are afraid kids might look up what game the event was based on and find a video and watch it by accident and watch it without thinking and see all well I'm not really sure what they have on that game I only heard about that game and it was a accident I was watching a old tv show and the person who made the video has a video of Freddy I didn't watch it but I did look it up to see what it was about and I think that's what everyone is afraid that kids might do that to when I read the plot for the game I was really glad I didnt watch that but I think the story is kinda good it's not really for me but others would like it but just try thinking about a different plot for the story maybe comments will change hope you have a good,day

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
silver swordcoral on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
I been reading the post on this and well I don't think its not that no one is listening to you I think it's just because they are afraid kids might look up what game the event was based on and find a video and watch it by accident and watch it without thinking and see all well I'm not really sure what they have on that game I only heard about that game and it was a accident I was watching a old tv show and the person who made the video has a video of Freddy I didn't watch it but I did look it up to see what it was about and I think that's what everyone is afraid that kids might do that to when I read the plot for the game I was really glad I didnt watch that but I think the story is kinda good it's not really for me but others would like it but just try thinking about a different plot for the story maybe comments will change hope you have a good,day
Well they could'a said this sooner. Throughout this thread, all I've heard was "too dark for P101, too scary, it would traumatize kids, surprised KI let this on the Message Boards"; no one said anything about kids actually looking up the original game because of this. But as I've also said repeatedly, the idea of animatronics coming to life and attacking you is not a new one. I've seen it done twice before on TV; once on a Nickelodeon show called "Gravity Falls" and once on a Cartoon Network show called "Regular Show". If you really think about it, if this thread never existed but my "Five Nights event" idea was put into the game, the only way people would make the connection would be if they had already seen or heard of the game beforehand. And we're already being hunted down by the Armada so nobody here would be terrified of being attacked by a new set of robots. The only difference would be these animatronics have spirits of young pirates attached to them, nothing messy like in Freddy's, just clean spirits cursed by a witchdoctor. And it's not like P101 doesn't already have a few dark spots; just look at what happened to Captain Kidd, and our own parents.

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
Serpent10611 on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm getting the feeling that people are only reading the first post and nothing else I wrote, otherwise I wouldn't have to keep explaining this over and over again. I'm requesting for a much, much cleaner parody be made as an event for P101, NOT put the actual game in it!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but this is really getting just plain irritating. I've explained three or four times that I wasn't asking for an on-the-dot copy of that horror game to be put in P101 but no one seems to be listening to me or they don't even bother to scroll down that far. I'm not trying to talk down to anyone here, I'm just tired of having to explain the same thing over and over and.......
Let me be more specific: I think there should not be any part of "Five Nights at Freddie's" within Pirate101 at all. I think there should not be even a side quest with any similarity to it. My tried that game and now he cant even sleep, and he played it 7 months ago! I personally don't like this idea. Its creative but not something suitable for this game. BTW have you ever heard of "The Nightmare before Christmas"? Well it is under a company (whose name I do not remember) that is owned by Disney. The only reason it is under another company is (and I quote): "This Movie is too dark for Disney". "Five Nights at Freddie's" is even darker!

- Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 65

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Coyle Thundershard on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
Let me be more specific: I think there should not be any part of "Five Nights at Freddie's" within Pirate101 at all. I think there should not be even a side quest with any similarity to it. My tried that game and now he cant even sleep, and he played it 7 months ago! I personally don't like this idea. Its creative but not something suitable for this game. BTW have you ever heard of "The Nightmare before Christmas"? Well it is under a company (whose name I do not remember) that is owned by Disney. The only reason it is under another company is (and I quote): "This Movie is too dark for Disney". "Five Nights at Freddie's" is even darker!

- Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 65
What part of "NOT put the actual game in it" is not being understood?
Alright, try and think about it from this perspective, if you can. What makes Five Nights at Freddy's scary? Dark rooms, being immobilized in a small office, unsettling groans and laughs, jump-scares, and loud screeches. The back-story of the place can easily be switched around so it's not so violent, the inside of the Super-Taverns aren't going to be that dark, being immobilized in an office and jump-scares would be impractical, and the animatronics wouldn't have to make such unsettling sounds. Nobody said these had to be the same animatronics either. And "there should not even be a quest with any similarity"? Hello...Armada...we already have robots trying to kill us...what difference does it make? I keep saying, not gonna be the same, not gonna be the same, not gonna be the same; why isn't that sinking in with anyone? Seriously, if you can't see in any way how this could be made into something more family friendly, you might as well be saying Halloween is too dark.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
This discussion has become unnecessarily contentious and is going in circles. I'm going to close the thread now.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*