Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dying and Stiching Moo Tower items

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Ok so I had this topic up back when the test realm page was up. But the it became live realm and the page was deleted before it could gains steam so I thought I would put it up again.

Is there any way KI could allow the moo tower items, specifically the weapons, to be stitched and or dyed? They are all such amazing weapons both in look and in power. But for some reason they cant be dyed and they cant be stitched. I mean I like red and all but I would love to see the axe of doom or nefarious knives in another color too.

Also eventually we will get a new world and some of the looks of those weapons I would like to keep. So weather its stitching them onto something or stitching something onto them pirates love to look the part. Hehe...in fact when you first start the game that is what boochbeard's monkey says. "A pirate must dress to impress" Well I think this would make a lot of people happy if they could in fact do just that.

The only one that could cause any issues is the nova blaster card and only in the one direction...if nova blaster is stitched onto another gun. ((If you stitch another gun onto blaster the animation works fine still it shoots just like twin pistols.)) At least thats the only reason I can think of why you haven't allowed them to be stitched. Well that is 10 weapons ((moo and nefarious 5 ones)) that are stuck looking how they are because of one tiny animation bug? Lately with pvp out I have hardly seen anyone even use that card. And as I said later on when we just wanna keep the look but use the newer levle 75 weapons or whatever it wont even be an issue.

It shouldn't be that hard to unlock for us. Besides stitching gives pirates another reason to spend crowns and isnt that a good thing for you guys at KI?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
52 yars! No nays! Hooray! Sadly no comments either. :( Dont be shy folks tell us what you think :)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Hello KI. Ratbeard, Anne, Avery and all the others. I wanted to ask on this thread if there was a specific reason why these items can not be stitched? Is it because of the nova blaster? Or is just a coincidence that you haven't allowed them to be stitched yet. And do you think you guys might ever fix this? In the next update maybe? Thank you for all your efforts, for reading our posts, and responding :)

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
52 yars! No nays! Hooray! Sadly no comments either. :( Dont be shy folks tell us what you think :)
Honestly I dont mind either way... just one thing, how does one dye a weapon? Doesnt seem logical to me...

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Honestly I dont mind either way... just one thing, how does one dye a weapon? Doesnt seem logical to me...
Very Carefully

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Silver Angel on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Haha you paint it with a metallic paint like they use on cars or rework the metal with the dye in the steel! :D Hehe I don't know. I am sure there are real life methods ((Though expensive unrealistic ones I am sure)) But this is a game. If they wanna make it expensive go ahead ill pay!

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
Haha you paint it with a metallic paint like they use on cars or rework the metal with the dye in the steel! :D Hehe I don't know. I am sure there are real life methods ((Though expensive unrealistic ones I am sure)) But this is a game. If they wanna make it expensive go ahead ill pay!
Yeah why not I guess, s'pose I wont mind seeing more diversity.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Thomas Sunhammer on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I had this topic up back when the test realm page was up. But the it became live realm and the page was deleted before it could gains steam so I thought I would put it up again.

Is there any way KI could allow the moo tower items, specifically the weapons, to be stitched and or dyed? They are all such amazing weapons both in look and in power. But for some reason they cant be dyed and they cant be stitched. I mean I like red and all but I would love to see the axe of doom or nefarious knives in another color too.

Also eventually we will get a new world and some of the looks of those weapons I would like to keep. So weather its stitching them onto something or stitching something onto them pirates love to look the part. Hehe...in fact when you first start the game that is what boochbeard's monkey says. "A pirate must dress to impress" Well I think this would make a lot of people happy if they could in fact do just that.

The only one that could cause any issues is the nova blaster card and only in the one direction...if nova blaster is stitched onto another gun. ((If you stitch another gun onto blaster the animation works fine still it shoots just like twin pistols.)) At least thats the only reason I can think of why you haven't allowed them to be stitched. Well that is 10 weapons ((moo and nefarious 5 ones)) that are stuck looking how they are because of one tiny animation bug? Lately with pvp out I have hardly seen anyone even use that card. And as I said later on when we just wanna keep the look but use the newer levle 75 weapons or whatever it wont even be an issue.

It shouldn't be that hard to unlock for us. Besides stitching gives pirates another reason to spend crowns and isnt that a good thing for you guys at KI?
In addition to dying and stitchin moo Manchu items I would also like to know why the swashbuckler staff of power (stabby/staffy) is so weak compared to other classes like Buccaneers and privateers. The stabby/ staffy staff of power only does 193 damage compared to the other staffs which do 235. So can anyone please answer my question or let me understand as to why it is they chose that decision?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
TheSwash087 on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
In addition to dying and stitchin moo Manchu items I would also like to know why the swashbuckler staff of power (stabby/staffy) is so weak compared to other classes like Buccaneers and privateers. The stabby/ staffy staff of power only does 193 damage compared to the other staffs which do 235. So can anyone please answer my question or let me understand as to why it is they chose that decision?
They contrived it like that, because otherwise it would be overpowered, though trust me, it's still good. The damage doesn't matter as much as the powers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, I guess it's the fact of the card attached - Vengeance Shroud; which gives a buckler two "no healing curses".

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Well, the Pirate101 Team sat down, had developers make ideas, they got approved, and it just turned out like that. 193 damage is what we got.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I am sorry to bring the bad news, the Nefarious Items can't be stitched.

These items are too fragile and too valuable to be stitched with other items. These items are one of a kind and only found in Moo's tower. Also, even if the mistress can stitch them there are no known ways to preserve these items.They will break very easily in other words, that's why these items are very special.

These can't be dyed as well, there is no known ways to rework the paintings. They are protected by a spell.

In other words the Nefarious items are too valuable and fragile to be tampered ( tinker ) with.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Well I still would like to see ships and ship equipment getting stitched. For me personally I would stick with one ship and take it through the whole game without getting a different one. Hopefully someday that would be an option. I dont like many ships. Only a few.