Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

unfair ship battles

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
hello,

i have a question about the ship battles, i am now in Cool ranch and i need to attack some ships.
everything goes well when i start with shooting on the ship, but a moment later a second enemy ship shoot at me, its then impossible for me too defeat that ship, and they board me.
its there something i can do about that?

Blaze carter level 24

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
Best advice I can give you is to attack the ones on the edges and WAIT and watch their patterns, so that you can pick the angle from which you can attack without the other ships attacking you. For example, some of the ships are in groups of three in the front row and usually three ships in a group in the back row depending on the area and size of map. Say you attack the ship that is on the left side of the front group. You would not want to attack it from the right side because then you chance of the middle ship coming in an attacking you, so the best choice would to attack it from the left side. And the same with the ship on the right, you would want to attack it from the right side not the left side. You don't want to leave you other side exposed so that the other ship can attack you. Also, wait and watch its pattern to see if it is at its furtherest point on its route or if it is at its closest point on its route from your location. Hope this might help. Salty Seamus Privateeer lvl 50

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
My best recommendations would be to either choose your area as carefully as possible and once the first ship shoots at you, back away a little to draw it away from any other ships patrol zone.
And whenever possible try to team up with another player. It makes ship battles much easier if two or more are in the fight, and everyone gets the same reward. So no one loses out on anything.

I hope that helps

Ensign
May 18, 2011
I'm sure this is the way it is meant to be. There is no chance you can beat the odds unless you try to level up your ship via Nautical level and buy new equipment or you find someone that has the same quest as you and will help you fighting enemy ships.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Blaze Carter on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
hello,

i have a question about the ship battles, i am now in Cool ranch and i need to attack some ships.
everything goes well when i start with shooting on the ship, but a moment later a second enemy ship shoot at me, its then impossible for me too defeat that ship, and they board me.
its there something i can do about that?

Blaze carter level 24
Yes, some of the enemy ships are close together. Cool Ranch is a place that you really learn about ship battles. The best advice, would be to pick a ship at the furthest edge you can. Once you or it is targeted, use your down arrow on your keyboard to back your ship away very slowly. This draws the enemy ship towards you, and away from his buddies.

Each ship has a certain area they patrol. If you can pull a ship far enough away from the others, the others will be unable to follow because of it's limited patrolling area. It takes practice to do it just right.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Stay near the skylane. Engage a ship, then slowly back up, drawing it to you and away from the others, so that no other ship can join the battle. Dont back up too far though and take it out of it's comfort or patrol zone, so be careful. Try and find one that is far away from other ships and drag that one to you and away from the others.

That is the best advice I can give, that, or get some friends and tear the ships apart by teaming up against them!

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hey,

Thank you guys for all your advice, it really help me further ;)

Blaze carter level 24

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Blaze Carter on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Hey,

Thank you guys for all your advice, it really help me further ;)

Blaze carter level 24
That's great!

If you get stuck again, please be sure to post, and we'll try once again to give you the best advice we can