Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Jack Russel and Many others Inversed

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Hey KI,

Thanx for listening to our pleas for Buccaneer improvements XD - This is just thanks though...

I am here to talk about companions having reversed Criticals. Its easier to explain now that Epic, Mega, and Super attacks have been introduced.

You see - As you you know, all main companions have a Critical Strike +1, +2, and +3. Whenever they promote, it upgrades. Each one is different and takes down more damage. Sometimes, our companions roll Criticals on their own.

My point is, Some companions Guaranteed EPIC HIT* is not epic. It is actually inversed in some of them. Milo, Egg Shen, Jack Russel are some to name.

EXAM:

When Jack is at lvl 1-21 - he has a Super Hit Critical. From 21-47 he has a Mega Hit Critical. and from 47+ he has a Epic Hit Critical. However. When he does hit Epic Hit Crit at lvl 50 - he hits less damage than when he uses his Super Hit Crit at lvl 50.

I have to Jack Russel to use his Guaranteed Crit +3 on a troggy and he throws dust in their face - then uppercuts, and then comes down with a slice. It hits roughly 364 everytime.

YET - when he does his first Critical attack - The one where as he slices the enemy once and then punch them twice, and you see stars - he deals 440 damage!

He is clearly inversed and its the same deal with many others - Egg Shen and MIlo Graytail some-off-the-top of-my-head candidates.

Please look into this bug KI, I know you guys listen and discuss the stuff we write up here behind our screens XD. So check it out and fix it plz

Thank You
Valerian Xiriga

Developer
Are you talking about purely random criticals all the time, or using the crit power cards?

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Could you say also wich enemy are you hitting at lvl 50? Just remember that Jack Russel is a privateer wich uses strength as main stat and does physical damage, if it hit a buccaneer for example it would do low damage, meantime hitting a musketeer would make him to do more damage; i am buccaneer too so i could do another example: yesterday i performed a critical hit on a samoorai musketeer doing 1000+ damage, meantime the same critical hit on a bucc. enemy does barely the half of that damage.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I kinda agree Jack for me is pretty weak in his 2nd promotion he does bad damage even with critical's. He loses his health way too fast for me. I am starting to think i'm gonna regret picking him.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Zlyxer on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
I kinda agree Jack for me is pretty weak in his 2nd promotion he does bad damage even with critical's. He loses his health way too fast for me. I am starting to think i'm gonna regret picking him.
Aye Jack doesn't do so much damage (could be improved a little), but on the other hand is one of the few strength based units wich could learn 2x relentless and other epics, also has nice resistances, he is useful mostly vs witchdoctors wich are not protected from melee/strength damage (he performs good vs also classes too, except other buccaneers/strength based privateers), also for a buccaneer could be nice since he takes profit of strength buffs .