Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Problem with Old Scratch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
Ahoy there! I'm a level 18 Swashbuckler and from this update, Old Scratch is being unusual for me! He always try to cast a spell, there is black smoke and then he fizzles! Like in Wizard101! But it has never worked yet, and he ALWAYS casts it!

What is it? Is it a bug? Thank you!

Noble Nicholas Nichols

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Noble Nicholas Nic... on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
Ahoy there! I'm a level 18 Swashbuckler and from this update, Old Scratch is being unusual for me! He always try to cast a spell, there is black smoke and then he fizzles! Like in Wizard101! But it has never worked yet, and he ALWAYS casts it!

What is it? Is it a bug? Thank you!

Noble Nicholas Nichols
The fizzle is when he misses with a basic attack. Instead of dodge or block animations playing, if he uses a basic attack for his first attack of that round, then there's a chance that he will fizzle (this is true for all witchdocotr players and companions and not just old scratch).

Community Leader
One of the changes that came out of the last test realm was that, instead of getting blocked like melee or ranged weapons do, Mojo attacks like Scratch's will Fizzle.

His mojo attacks that work still look normal, but when he starts drawing up a Power circle and then gets a puff of black smoke, he fizzled because his attack was blocked by the target.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Sierra Starsong on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
One of the changes that came out of the last test realm was that, instead of getting blocked like melee or ranged weapons do, Mojo attacks like Scratch's will Fizzle.

His mojo attacks that work still look normal, but when he starts drawing up a Power circle and then gets a puff of black smoke, he fizzled because his attack was blocked by the target.
The best part is when after an El Toro and a Crane (Wu Tang or WIng Chun) accuracy buff, so with 25% + 25% accuracy, Old Scratch still fizzle... vs lvl 46-47 buccaneers .

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
Thanks for your answers! But the thing that lost me is that when he will fizzle, he casts a spell! And it makes the sound of when we cast a spell (like rouse)! But when he doesn't, he just make a green thing and it explodes on enemies, or he summons... petrol... with no casting sound!

Noble Nicholas Nichols

Ensign
Mar 01, 2009
It's not just 'Ole Scratch' it happens with every witchdoctor type player, and it happens every time (basic attack). Can't say as that's normal, a few times, maybe