Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

darkmoor ship vs. me = bad

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
to my suggestion im almost done with cool ranch. now i have to beat 12 ships that are impossible for me to beat. not only that, i thought about going into battle but it's too tough for me. are there any tips 4 me???

-jamal heath lvl 28

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
You should probably do some side quests to level up, though I don't remember what level I was when I finished cr so it might be something else. Maybe try switching around your companions or gear?

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Darkmoor ships are tough for everyone so don't worry. I can't remember what lvl I was when I defeated them so all I can say is to lvl up from side quests and get some nautical experience. You should have a bison galleon at least too stand a chance in ship combat against these guys. Try getting too lvl 30.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jamual heath on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
to my suggestion im almost done with cool ranch. now i have to beat 12 ships that are impossible for me to beat. not only that, i thought about going into battle but it's too tough for me. are there any tips 4 me???

-jamal heath lvl 28
Hi there jamual heath

There are a few things that you may be able to do to help with your sticky situation.

As The Fire Buccaneer noted, try to pick up all the side quests you can find and do them- from Cool Ranch to previous worlds. Many side quests give you Nautical XP which in some cases doesn't seem like much- but combined they will add up and possibly gain you a level or 2. Plus your character may likely level as well, allowing you access to better, higher level ships and ship parts.

Also you can use gold to buy the best possible ship for your current level and ship parts too. Or try to defeat ships a little higher than your level to possibly get better ship parts dropped.

Check around in your current world to see if there are any other pirates in the skyways fighting ships as well. Work tandem with them and take turns leading the charge and it will be easier. Many times there will be small groups of ships doing Nautical farming that you may be able to join in with. This is a great way to build up your Nautical level. Just try not to take advantage of this by asking a high level to let you tag along in say Aquila to gain nautical XP- at least until you are a much higher level.

When battling a higher level ship for me it always helped to constantly move in a reverse, circular motion (thus, moving backwards going in a circle around the enemy) just far enough away to avoid getting boarded. This way you could keep a watchful eye on the enemy and it just seemed much easier to control than moving forward. When your ship health hits yellow, keep healing and back away some, and continue to constantly move in reverse while circling the enemy. So many times I was able to beat much higher level ships just by doing this and using blue yum when absolutely necessary. Most of the time just repetitive healing of my ship was enough to ensure victory. After each ship is defeated, 'park it' in the skylane and regain health- then repeat. If you run out of blue yum, hit the closest island or teleport to Avery's court- there is usually enough there to fully stock up. Then head back with the 'return to location' button.

Lastly if all else fails, kindly and politely ask for help from a fellow friend pirate- either in game or on the message boards. If you do the later make sure to include your pirate's name, your time zone, date and time you can be available to be helped, an in game meeting place and the realm that you play on or would like to meet. Since the message boards take a bit to update, chose a date at least 2-3 days from when you post because you will have to not only wait for your post to update but will also have to wait out the delay for any responses.

My pirate is a level 65 and if possible, I could give you a hand- just let me know when you will be available and be sure to include all of the above info in your post. I will do my best to meet you and help you out.

Either way good luck and hope this helps.

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, lvl 65

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
i finished all my side quests unfortunately. but i bought the admirals bundle online and with my ship, i beat them in 2 seconds XD. thanks for looking and replying though!!!

- jamal heath lvl 28

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
I can help you out if you're not willing to buy a better ship with a bison galleon if you can deal with me being a menu chat. Just leave me a time, place, realm and pirate name.

See you in the spiral
Brave Brandon Walker level 39

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Hmm try switching around your companions. I like to have a healer, a Witch Doctor (usually Old Scratch), and a Musketeer. A great companion to use in this situation is Bonnie Anne; she has a healing power AND she can learn Overwatch. I like my Musketeers to have Overwatch, because, my strategy is that I wait for my opponents to approach me. The Overwatcher will shoot them, and the enemies will have already taken damage, before they even hit you.

I hope this Helps! Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bold Benjamin Hawk... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I can help you out if you're not willing to buy a better ship with a bison galleon if you can deal with me being a menu chat. Just leave me a time, place, realm and pirate name.

See you in the spiral
Brave Brandon Walker level 39
Dealing with menu chatters is not a big issue with us. More of this family than you know are fellow menu chatters. We may be a bit slow in responding as we are not as familiar with the options but we do not discriminate one bit. I know that it would sound horribly tacky to say that some of my best friends are or were menu chatters, but they were and are. You are welcome here and with whatever we do in the game. Your helpful attitude just proves that you fit right in with our helpful bunch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
jamual heath on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:

-jamal heath lvl 28
Wow, I suspect you are not the type to do side quests. Being in the haunted skyway at your really young level must have been an incredibly journey and really shows what a great player you are.
I do suggest that you take the time to do all those side quests. You will only gain from them and they will only cost you time. You will gain companions, XP, gold, Nautical XP and companion training points but most of all it increases the chances of you getting an armadillo pet from many of the bosses in Cool Ranch. You can also get some great golden stingtails and probably others too, that is just what I have won in my quests. Aso you have a much better chance of getting great non auction gear that will really make your buccaneer much better, like farming The Midnight Bandit, a side quest from Rooster Cogburn. It took me three days of farming him but that Bandit is the Only place known that a Buccaneer can get a Valor's Armor card that can make you practically invincible when you use Reckless Fury, once you get to level 65.
There is lots to gain from those seemingly silly side quests. Trust me, they are more than worth your time.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Well I had trouble with them but that was because I got the bison galleon but only had enough money for horn so I thought I could defeat them by boarding them but I always lost so I got more gold and higher lvlcompanions takes 3 days but is worth it