Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what all the worlds represent

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
Skull Island: treasure island ( a book )
Monquista: spanish armada
Valencia: Valencia,Spain its a real place
Cool Ranch: two things or three 1. cool ranch is a type of Doritos and 2. the west
Mooshu: japan
Marleybone: England
Aquila: Greek mythology

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Skull Island: Yep, definitely a LOT of Treasure Island references. I believe it's the Golden Age of Piracy (mid 1600's-early 1700's) and the ports that flourished during that time. (Like the Caribbean, Port Royal, Tortuga, etc.)

Monquista: It's Spanish for sure, but I don't think it is the Spanish Armada. It's some period in time when Spain was in a religious conflict, but I can't put my finger on the name of the time period. (It's somewhere around the 1500's I'm guessing...)

Valencia: Yes, there IS a place in Spain called Valencia. But I think it's mostly the Renaissance in Italy with hints of Spain here and there.

Cool Ranch: Definitely the American Frontier/Wild West. (That would include Texas, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, etc.)

Mooshu: Depending on where you are, it will either be Feudal Japan or Imperial China (I'm not so sure on the last one). The Subata Skyway story revolves around an old Chinese story called Journey to the West. The other skyways, not so sure...

Marleybone: Yep, England. Victorian Era England to be exact. (Albion is Ireland and Scotland mixed...)

Aquila: Greek Mythology ALL THE WAY.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Well, just because this can be quite the fun thread, let's add some oomph to these possible "representations".

Skull Island - the beginning of the hero's journey, and yes, it is based off of "Treasure Island" but it's way more than that, it's where you start out! Where piracy is a norm and you start working for something greater than yourself.

Monquista - a segue, I always thought it was. A trip to Conquistador Spain in the Spiral provides with a sense of depth and scope of just how varied the Spiral can be before we kickstart the main storyline. I mean, seriously, we just went from treasure-hunting to helping a civil war by finding a dismembered monkey's paw. On a stick.

Valencia - Oh, Valencia! Aside from being based on Renaissance Italy with some Spanish linguistic doodly-bits put in, it's the edge of evil. The Armada has turned Valencia into a dark heart, a cursed gem. Think Luke Skywalker to the Death Star.

Cool Ranch - Where we become heroes. Yes, it's the Wild/Weird West, but there's remarkably little "piracy" in Cool Ranch and the entire plot is us trying to stop a clear-cut, dangerous evil to stop an even worse evil. It's also a turning point (but I shan't spoil it if you haven't gotten this far).

MooShu - Balance. MooShu is all about balance - the people versus the upper-class, corrupt Samoorai, the barbarians versus the enlightened ones. No wonder it's here that we learn how to calculate the glyphs on the Map.

Marleybone - Dickensian London but also Consequences, through-and-through. It's a war story, like Blind Mew once said, and it's where the mission gets fuzzy. Have we done wrong? Yes. Can we fix it? Absolutely. Redemption, truth, and realization all in one.

Aquila - Greek & Roman myths put in a blender, but also really setting in stone how long our quest might take and the sacrifices we make (like a certain memory I shan't spoil). Aquila is about finding the next piece of the map, but it's also about our journey and where it leads.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
    yes pirate 101 world represent the the different important counties of earth but has anyone ever seen the CHARACTERS. of the gameGortez=Cortes a Spanish conquistador nepolaguin=napoleon a french explorer hawkules= hercules (who ever that is obviously greek )and last ratbeard and catbeard=blackbeard a famous pirate

So you see pirate 101 is filled with real people of the past and countries of the present and some events in the past as well

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
the awesome smuggl... on May 3, 2014 wrote:
    yes pirate 101 world represent the the different important counties of earth but has anyone ever seen the CHARACTERS. of the gameGortez=Cortes a Spanish conquistador nepolaguin=napoleon a french explorer hawkules= hercules (who ever that is obviously greek )and last ratbeard and catbeard=blackbeard a famous pirate

So you see pirate 101 is filled with real people of the past and countries of the present and some events in the past as well
Napoleon was never an explorer. He was a conqueror.