Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your pirate team?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I just wanted to know which companions other players use in their teams, as for me I use Bonnie Anne as my back-up ranged attacker, Zeena as my main ranged attacker and Shiruku Neko as my assault (since she pretty much dodges all the time)

In PVP I use Crokagator because of his great dodge and many ripostes and first strikes :P, Catbeard because I love his attack animations XD and Carcarius Grimtooth as my new ranged attacker, he is sooo cool!!!

So, what is your pirate team? Do you guys have ranged, back-up and assault companions? Would you say that your team is the offensive, defensive or neutral type?

Thanks for sharing!!!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
My best team is my Musketeer A Team. Chantal Livingstone can use lots of burst fires, and he ability to use Sniper Shot TWICE is really useful. Bonnie Anne is really great with long-ranged enemies, and she can mow down many of her opponents, and finally, Lefty has a long attack range, and he wraps it up with being able to hit opponents who are still way across the battleboard.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Wing Chun, Bonnie Anne, Chantal Livingstone
Modest Sergio Gunwale

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Chantal, she has 3 auto superhit powers, 2 of which are unlimited range.

Cat beard because his criticals are so majestic

El toro bc all his epics make for huge chains

Backups:
Birgus Latro
Old Scratch
Wing Chun

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on May 19, 2014 wrote:
I just wanted to know which companions other players use in their teams, as for me I use Bonnie Anne as my back-up ranged attacker, Zeena as my main ranged attacker and Shiruku Neko as my assault (since she pretty much dodges all the time)

In PVP I use Crokagator because of his great dodge and many ripostes and first strikes :P, Catbeard because I love his attack animations XD and Carcarius Grimtooth as my new ranged attacker, he is sooo cool!!!

So, what is your pirate team? Do you guys have ranged, back-up and assault companions? Would you say that your team is the offensive, defensive or neutral type?

Thanks for sharing!!!
In PvP, I use a pretty straightforward team though it changes depending on who i am facing.
Against a buccaneer, i (as a swashbuckler) will pick El Toro, Fan Flanders and Sarah Steele, who are all swashbucklers. Reason being that they can all dodge a lot and all have riposte, so no matter who the buccaneer targets he will be hit with riposte (if he misses).
Against a witchdoctor/musketeer i will use Toro, Fan Flanders and Hawkules. I took out sarah because of her lack of relentless, and riposte are useless against ranged classes. Hawkules uses strength to attack, which both muskets and witches are low in, so he's really great in these situations.
Against a Privateer, i will use Toro, Fan flanders and Bonnie. I switched to bonnie as she has the scatterblast, and privateers dodge a lot. Plus with her high accuracy, she can hit him more and is more formidable. But, if i know my opponent has nausica i use hawkules instead, as he is a good musketeer killer with high strength.
Against my own class (Swashbucklers), i'll pick toro, bonnie and zeena. I chose double musketeers as they have higher accuracy and deal quite a bit of damage.

I never run full musket teams, especially when i know my opponent has nausica. It's just asking to be beaten easily. Plus i'm not really a fan of musketeers, they never (cough*Bonnie*Cough) get their burst fire when i use them in PvP.
I'm extremely offensive. I just black fog, valor's shield, crit buffs, levy etc. and then charge in.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on May 19, 2014 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!!!
Well, it depends on your class. For me Nausica works well with any class of pirate. Even though she is a Musketeer...she certainly doesn't behave like one. When you have Valor's Fortress or Valor's Armor, melee units can be turned into super tanks that will deal heavy damage to your opponents before they can be taken out. My Swashbuckler's team used to be...Bonnie Anne, El Toro and Kan Po. Since the update and after acquiring Nausica it is Fan Flanders, Nausica and the Eagle Hoplite. When I use Black Fog along with an agility buff these 3 will often deal well over four thousand damage combined (when you count relentless, riposte and burst fire) sometimes taking out 2 opponents in 1 turn. Regardless of which companions I choose, though, abilities like overwatch, first strike, relentless etc. are a huge plus so I choose companions strong in those areas. You are a Witchdoctor I take it so I would say make your opponent come to you. The classic strategy for Witchdoctors used to be sit back with 2 ranged units that have overwatch and burst fire and pick off your opponents as they advance and have 1 melee unit to head them off at the pass so to speak. When I play my Swashbuckler I tend to take the offensive and use 2 melee units with 1 ranged unit or all melee units. This has served me well in questing and pvp.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I use "The Trio of Rouges."

Fan Flanders (First Mate) due to:
  • EPIC Damage
  • EPIC Epics and
  • She's a girl

Sarah Steele (Quartermaster and Second Mate) due to:

• EPIC Damage
  • EPIC Epics and
  • She's a girl

Bonnie Anne (Boatswain and Third Mate) due to: