Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Real stuff found in pirate101 - monquista edition

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
Monquista based off of Spain obviously and there are many interesting facts found in this world.
1. Monquistadors are conquistadors I have no clue what they are but I know they are something real
2. The monkey's paw quest is based off of a horror movie called the monkey's paw
3. The monkey's paw quest involves a dungeon based off of the Indian Jones movie I think called the last crusade something like that
4. The monquistion ( don't know if I spelled it right) is based off the Spanish Inquisition all I know about that is it involved the Vatican
That's all I can think of if anyone finds anything else post below.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
gortez is based off cortes
donkey hotay is based off of don hotay or something like that, but its a book about a dumb explorer.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
gortez is based off cortes
donkey hotay is based off of don hotay or something like that, but its a book about a dumb explorer.
Actually Donkey Hotay may be a reference to Don Quixote which is a book about a guy named Alonso Quixano who read so many chivalric novels that he decided to set out to revive chivalry under the name Don Quixote.

I haven't read the full book but I heard that in one of his adventurers he fought a windmill

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Actually Donkey Hotay may be a reference to Don Quixote which is a book about a guy named Alonso Quixano who read so many chivalric novels that he decided to set out to revive chivalry under the name Don Quixote.

I haven't read the full book but I heard that in one of his adventurers he fought a windmill
He was also partially crazy. He attacked windmills, thinking they were giants, made an unrelated woman his 'Lady', and so on and so forth.