Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Kane Battle Idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Okay, I know a lot of players already came up with Kane battle concepts but...

From what I've heard, Kane can defeat a level 80 pirate very easily with one hand tied behind his back which basically translate to 0.5x power for some people. I would put Kane at not level 100, but level 200. He would have a total of 48,000 HP(24,000 HP for both phases). Kane is stated as faster, stronger and SMARTER than any living being, so what should be put as far as AI goes is during the last few books/chapters of the game, your battles are being recorded and viewed by Kane, allowing him to find a counter for it. Kane also has ways of escaping crowd control, focus fire, and other tactics.

Kane also has the following boss abilities: Can use either melee or ranged attacks normally unlike any other enemy in the game, Cleave: Anyone within a 1 square range of the target takes 60% damage from the attack, with the target taking 100% damage, acts as a passive melee epic, H.E. Ammunition: Ranged attacks deal 75% splash damage upon impact 5x5 sqaure, splash reduced by 25% outside the center per square, Call for Backup: Every turn automatically summons 1 random Armada troop, which doesn't need to be killed to win the battle.

Phase 1: The above Boss Advantages are in effect, Kane will use melee/ranged attacks depending on the situation and melee/ranged epics will be active/inactive depending on which style of attacking he is currently using. Kane's weapon is a Cursed Flame Broadsword(melee) and a 155mm auto-load cannon(ranged). Special Attacks of this phase include: Burst(ranged): Fires a very fast stream of energized bullets at the target, x3 attack power, does not deal splash damage. Clone(melee): Performs melee attack as normal, but also creates a projected energy clone behind the target, that uses basic melee attacks(no other abilities) for 1,000 damage, always focuses on the target player/companion it was summoned behind.

Phase 2: Boss Advantages are still in effect, however, Kane is now much more aggressive. His weapons change to a Whip Blade(melee), and a prototype minigun(ranged). The whip blade has a passive of firing a small energy projectile that homes in on a nearby target(Cannot be the target hit by the melee attack) and deals 0.5x attack power. Kane retains his special attacks from Phase 1 with Barrage now dealing splash.

Other Kane stats: Has a base attack power of 2,000. Has epics Relentless 3, and Burst Fire 3. List of Buffs/Skills: Leviathan's Call, Dispel(Remove all buffs(And debuffs) on the targets, up to 3 may be targeted), and High Speed Rush(Kane picks a direction, then slashes with his melee weapon while dashing 5-10 squares in a straight line, dealing damage to anything caught in the rush, does not trigger player epics). You are allowed to have 5 companions instead of 3 in the battle, and due to the tactical requirements of the battle, turn times are extended so you have up to 2 minutes(instead of 45 seconds) to plan your moves each turn.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
justaguest on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I know a lot of players already came up with Kane battle concepts but...

From what I've heard, Kane can defeat a level 80 pirate very easily with one hand tied behind his back which basically translate to 0.5x power for some people. I would put Kane at not level 100, but level 200. He would have a total of 48,000 HP(24,000 HP for both phases). Kane is stated as faster, stronger and SMARTER than any living being, so what should be put as far as AI goes is during the last few books/chapters of the game, your battles are being recorded and viewed by Kane, allowing him to find a counter for it. Kane also has ways of escaping crowd control, focus fire, and other tactics.

Kane also has the following boss abilities: Can use either melee or ranged attacks normally unlike any other enemy in the game, Cleave: Anyone within a 1 square range of the target takes 60% damage from the attack, with the target taking 100% damage, acts as a passive melee epic, H.E. Ammunition: Ranged attacks deal 75% splash damage upon impact 5x5 sqaure, splash reduced by 25% outside the center per square, Call for Backup: Every turn automatically summons 1 random Armada troop, which doesn't need to be killed to win the battle.

Phase 1: The above Boss Advantages are in effect, Kane will use melee/ranged attacks depending on the situation and melee/ranged epics will be active/inactive depending on which style of attacking he is currently using. Kane's weapon is a Cursed Flame Broadsword(melee) and a 155mm auto-load cannon(ranged). Special Attacks of this phase include: Burst(ranged): Fires a very fast stream of energized bullets at the target, x3 attack power, does not deal splash damage. Clone(melee): Performs melee attack as normal, but also creates a projected energy clone behind the target, that uses basic melee attacks(no other abilities) for 1,000 damage, always focuses on the target player/companion it was summoned behind.

Phase 2: Boss Advantages are still in effect, however, Kane is now much more aggressive. His weapons change to a Whip Blade(melee), and a prototype minigun(ranged). The whip blade has a passive of firing a small energy projectile that homes in on a nearby target(Cannot be the target hit by the melee attack) and deals 0.5x attack power. Kane retains his special attacks from Phase 1 with Barrage now dealing splash.

Other Kane stats: Has a base attack power of 2,000. Has epics Relentless 3, and Burst Fire 3. List of Buffs/Skills: Leviathan's Call, Dispel(Remove all buffs(And debuffs) on the targets, up to 3 may be targeted), and High Speed Rush(Kane picks a direction, then slashes with his melee weapon while dashing 5-10 squares in a straight line, dealing damage to anything caught in the rush, does not trigger player epics). You are allowed to have 5 companions instead of 3 in the battle, and due to the tactical requirements of the battle, turn times are extended so you have up to 2 minutes(instead of 45 seconds) to plan your moves each turn.
It seems a little extreme does it not?

I mean 48,000 HP? I mean the max level of a pirate now is only around 3,000 This isn't W101 where we can just cast a ton of buffs and kill but even W101 doesn't even have that high HP bosses and their max level is 100! (the max HP a boss has in W101 is around 30,000 not including the new dungeon in Darkmoore.) and all that extra damage like taking 60% of the damage?
Also a base attack of 2,000? And also all those extra talents? If he had all of this nobody would stand a chance.

I'm sorry but it is a bit unrealistic and I don't Think KI would make such a strong enemy.
I'm not shooting your idea completely but with those stats and talents it would be impossibleto defeat him.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
The boss fight is when pirates reach level 200, NOT when they reach level 100. By then they will have many new skills, epics, passives, and other moves at their disposal. By then, all companions that aren't new will have gone through multiple promotions and large power increases as well.
Anyway, assuming an average level 65 Buccaneer has 3,500 hp; a level 130 one would have 7,000 on average; a level 195 one would have 10,500 hp. Also keep in mind Kane is meant to take on 6 exceedingly powerful level 200 characters, who each have enough buffs/passives by that time to equal in terms of Kane's 48,000 hp. Armor, Resistance, and other defensive assets also reduce the base 2,000 damage the high level pirates normally take.

Note that according to a 30,000 hp limit for a level 100 boss, 48,000 hp for a level 200 boss would be reasonable.

The reason why I gave Kane these stats and the level 200 status is because he is meant as the ultimate end game content for a Kingsisle game, especially considering Pirate101 has one big arc instead of 2 (soon to be 3 maybe) smaller Wizard101 arcs. The level 200 status was meant for when the level cap was raised and many new storyline quests, new areas, and new powers for pirates.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
justaguest on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
The boss fight is when pirates reach level 200, NOT when they reach level 100. By then they will have many new skills, epics, passives, and other moves at their disposal. By then, all companions that aren't new will have gone through multiple promotions and large power increases as well.
Anyway, assuming an average level 65 Buccaneer has 3,500 hp; a level 130 one would have 7,000 on average; a level 195 one would have 10,500 hp. Also keep in mind Kane is meant to take on 6 exceedingly powerful level 200 characters, who each have enough buffs/passives by that time to equal in terms of Kane's 48,000 hp. Armor, Resistance, and other defensive assets also reduce the base 2,000 damage the high level pirates normally take.

Note that according to a 30,000 hp limit for a level 100 boss, 48,000 hp for a level 200 boss would be reasonable.

The reason why I gave Kane these stats and the level 200 status is because he is meant as the ultimate end game content for a Kingsisle game, especially considering Pirate101 has one big arc instead of 2 (soon to be 3 maybe) smaller Wizard101 arcs. The level 200 status was meant for when the level cap was raised and many new storyline quests, new areas, and new powers for pirates.
I'm sorry, but if I have to wait to level 200 to fight Kane, I'm not going to be happy. And I highly doubt that KI would stretch out the Armada and/or El Dorado arc to span 200 levels. That would be ridiculous. Wizard101 has had two arcs over 100 levels; I would assume that KI would wrap up this arc in Pirate101 at level 100 or possibly a little higher.

Your Kane is more than a bit overpowered, and if he's supposed to be fought by six pirates, that's impossible. The sigils only have room for four pirates. Maximum battle capacity is four pirates. I don't think KI would create a new sigil and battle setup just for one dungeon. All of those extra damages and unique powers would mean certain death for any foolish pirate who decided to take Kane on.

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea, but I think making it more reasonable and realistic in terms of levels, health, damage, etc. would polish it a bit and make it better.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
TheSwashBucklerMas... on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
It seems a little extreme does it not?

I mean 48,000 HP? I mean the max level of a pirate now is only around 3,000 This isn't W101 where we can just cast a ton of buffs and kill but even W101 doesn't even have that high HP bosses and their max level is 100! (the max HP a boss has in W101 is around 30,000 not including the new dungeon in Darkmoore.) and all that extra damage like taking 60% of the damage?
Also a base attack of 2,000? And also all those extra talents? If he had all of this nobody would stand a chance.

I'm sorry but it is a bit unrealistic and I don't Think KI would make such a strong enemy.
I'm not shooting your idea completely but with those stats and talents it would be impossibleto defeat him.

I agree with you bu just so you know, with wizard101's new update the boss with the highest hp has over a 100,000. I believe you fight him in two phases. Each with 50,000 health.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I always thought of a battle with Kane, I'd think Kane would have high health, but not too high health, he is a main storyline boss and she be solo-able, but if he is to have such high health, then maybe add NPCs to the battle and maybe something like:
If you lose a companion, another companion joins the battle at the end of the round, no more companions join when you have no more left, maybe something like that?

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
I can respect everyone's criticism here.

A possible misunderstanding clearer: Anyway, the 6 character battle didn't refer to 6 players fighting, but 1 player pirate and 5 of their companions. I would also like to add there are no extra tactics/mobs should multiple players fight. Player limit would still be 4, with the total companions(besides the main pirates) being 20. Default number of companions in a battle is 3, with the number sometimes being lower, or none at all. Keep in mind companion does not refer to the player pirate, but a character (Bonnie Anne, El Toro, etc.) that fights alongside the player, creating a default max companion cap of 12(4 players x 3 companions per player).

Other Possible Idea Fixes: If the level 200 is a bit too long for a grand showdown, then I suppose the Kane fight can be level 120 to at most level 160, with all stats, passives, and boss cheat effectiveness being scaled down accordingly. The level 200 idea just tried to give a representation of Kane's power compared to a level 80 pirate mentioned in the saying.

Thank you everyone for your criticism so far, I hope to see more comments on improving this idea. :)

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
Duke of Westminste... on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
I agree with you bu just so you know, with wizard101's new update the boss with the highest hp has over a 100,000. I believe you fight him in two phases. Each with 50,000 health.
Hmm yes I remember seeing a video on YouTube but I wont be too happy if I need to wait until lvl 200 till I fight Kane also we already have three pieces of the map so I doubt that it will take us until lvl 200 till we need to fight Kane.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
justaguest on Nov 26, 2014 wrote:
I can respect everyone's criticism here.

A possible misunderstanding clearer: Anyway, the 6 character battle didn't refer to 6 players fighting, but 1 player pirate and 5 of their companions. I would also like to add there are no extra tactics/mobs should multiple players fight. Player limit would still be 4, with the total companions(besides the main pirates) being 20. Default number of companions in a battle is 3, with the number sometimes being lower, or none at all. Keep in mind companion does not refer to the player pirate, but a character (Bonnie Anne, El Toro, etc.) that fights alongside the player, creating a default max companion cap of 12(4 players x 3 companions per player).

Other Possible Idea Fixes: If the level 200 is a bit too long for a grand showdown, then I suppose the Kane fight can be level 120 to at most level 160, with all stats, passives, and boss cheat effectiveness being scaled down accordingly. The level 200 idea just tried to give a representation of Kane's power compared to a level 80 pirate mentioned in the saying.

Thank you everyone for your criticism so far, I hope to see more comments on improving this idea. :)
Yes I believe that is a much better idea

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Additional Information:

Gathering more data from the criticism, it is obvious that the Kane storyline would most likely be wrapped up by level 100(at most, level 120), instead of the entire main storyline being one grand mission to stop him, with future content being side stories (The Armada descriptions/puppet shows throughout the game can make it feel like this). It would be interesting to see how this affects more criticism, and possibly what kind of drops Kane should have, considering it's not permanent end-game(Top tier gear, strongest foes) content.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hmmmmmm..... Perhaps 2 battles, each with 10,000 health. That would make it easier. I expect Kane to be at about level 100.

And here's an idea for a Kane power: Puppet. Ba-dum, tsh..... Bad pun is bad.

Anyway, Puppet is a simple switcheroo. If there are any other Armada units on the battlefield, Kane will switch places with it, the unit taking the full brunt of the attack.

Just a thought.

*Glares at Ratbeard*

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Hmmmmmm..... Perhaps 2 battles, each with 10,000 health. That would make it easier. I expect Kane to be at about level 100.

And here's an idea for a Kane power: Puppet. Ba-dum, tsh..... Bad pun is bad.

Anyway, Puppet is a simple switcheroo. If there are any other Armada units on the battlefield, Kane will switch places with it, the unit taking the full brunt of the attack.

Just a thought.

*Glares at Ratbeard*
Nope, nothing to see here Ratbeard!