Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't Train Relentless?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Many of the more recent companions i've gotten on my second pirate (monkey king, gracie conrad, shiruku neko, etc) haven't been able to train relentless. Is this intentional?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It probably is intentional. You don't mention what type of Pirate you are concerned about. My max Witchdoctor has about five companions that can learn Relentless. Only three Companion types (Swashbuckler, Privateer, and Buccaneer) could use Relentless. The ones I have found on all Pirates are El Toro, Ratbeard, Catbeard, Kan Po, Milo Graytail, Ridolfo Capoferro, Black Angus, Peter Quint, Samoorai Champion, Kobe Yojimbo, Thunder Hoof, The Marchioness, Egg Shen, Tonka, Monterey Jack, Eric Jolly, Fan Flanders, Subodai, Black Storm Raider, Yakooza Enforcer, Toreador Maestro, Tyson, Wing Chun, Lucky Jack Russell, Masamune Goto, and Black Storm Elder. There are probably more since my Pirates are not all max or at the end (so far) of the adventure. On the average, there are about 4 Companions per Pirate with the Relentless talent. I think this is very balanced since if every fighter had Relentless it would be overpowering. Also I shudder to think about the what would happen if all our melee enemies had Relentless since what we get they get.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
companions cant train all epics just some. It may have to do with class or something else.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It doesn't seem to be class related since that list includes Buccaneers, Swashbucklers, and Privateers. I don't think that Musketteers or Witchdoctors will ever get Relentless since they have their own multiple attack Talents.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
The Fire Buccaneer on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
Many of the more recent companions i've gotten on my second pirate (monkey king, gracie conrad, shiruku neko, etc) haven't been able to train relentless. Is this intentional?
I forgot to add that the companions that I'm concerned about that can't train relentless on my second pirate (a witchdoctor) were able to train it on my first pirate (a buccaneer).

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Relentless talent are meant for close combat class in other words.

Long range combat class have thire own multi damage talent. Burst fire for and Mojo Echo for .

Although there might some exceptions like Nurse Quinn someday and Hoodoo Carnilous from the hoodoo bundle both class.