Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Crown Companion?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Hey guys. I just got some more crowns and I was thinking of buying a companion. Since there are so many, I'd like to know which one is best for my swashbuckler.

Fearless Finnagan lvl 63

gruesome griffin lvl 30

Ensign
Dec 24, 2012
I think you should buy Finn Dorsal because he was very powerful for me ( if you don't have Finn in the crown shop find the wiki and search for his quests for him to be in your crown shop). If you can't afford Finn then buy Malik or Thunder Hoof.
two-faced Richard Bowman level 23

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Fearless Finnagan on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
Hey guys. I just got some more crowns and I was thinking of buying a companion. Since there are so many, I'd like to know which one is best for my swashbuckler.

Fearless Finnagan lvl 63

gruesome griffin lvl 30
I swear I sound like a broken record about this, but really, it depends on your play style. Does having your companions available to flank off (or to flank off you) appeal? Get someone who is also a run up and hit 'em kind of companion. Would you rather they stayed the heck out of your way and let you do the heavy lifting? Folks with ranged attacks are your best bet.

How do you like to play? One of my swashbucklers really hates having crew in her way. Another is glad to use them all around him, dishing out damage while he guards them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Fearless Finnagan lvl 63

gruesome griffin lvl 30
Depends what you're looking for in a companion. If swashy I recommend Lucy Sterling or Ridolfo Cappoferro. For Musketeer, Moresco de Valvida has worked very well for me. For a privateer companion, the Helephant destroyer is very good. If you're looking for an extra witch or two; Eep Op Ork Aa or the Inoshishi necromancer work very well, plus the necromancer is very affordable.
Two Faced Richard has already given good suggestions for a buccaneer companion, so I'll say no more.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Goronado is the most popular I've seen, but it does require going through the Gold Monkey dungeon 25 times to even get access to an expensive companion like him. I personally like Moresco di Valvida, who you unlock from the Monkey's Paw dungeon, because he has Incendiary Shot, Fly, and he can get up to Burst Fire Rank 3 at his top promotion.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Fearless Finnagan lvl 63

gruesome griffin lvl 30
There are A LOT of companions one could get. However, there are two that I consider powerful from my standpoint.

1. Goronado. Just buff strength and put a Valor's Armor on him. Watch your enemies wither and die like plants in strong sunlight. Add a Jackrabbit Juju doubloon for improved results. Gorilla Warfare is a powerful move with strength buffs, capable of hitting up to 8 enemies at once if Goronado is completely surrounded, and Vicious Strike can REALLY do a number on an enemy and make them practically powerless.

2. Baar. This one takes some luck, as it is a pack companion. However, with the LARGEST amount of Epics in the game, capable of getting 2 Triple Epics and even Turn the Tide 3, he is a powerhouse. Do the same with him as you would do with Goronado. Buff strength, tank him with armor, and then send him off to slaughter your enemies. He is WORTH every single Crown you will end up spending.