Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kobe vs Kan

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I was looking at the 2 swashbuckler starter companions on my accounts and I realized that they have different companion quests. One goes to get a new sword, while the other goes and trains from with the Iron Monkey. What is the reason they have separate quests? I think wing chun does the iron monkey quest as well, (and egg shen). Why does Kobe (and I assume the horse barbarian) have their own separate quest? Is it because they are ronin and not students? It just seems odd to me.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
So I was looking at the 2 swashbuckler starter companions on my accounts and I realized that they have different companion quests. One goes to get a new sword, while the other goes and trains from with the Iron Monkey. What is the reason they have separate quests? I think wing chun does the iron monkey quest as well, (and egg shen). Why does Kobe (and I assume the horse barbarian) have their own separate quest? Is it because they are ronin and not students? It just seems odd to me.
I never exactly recorded all of them, but I think only the students visit the Iron Monkey, thus becoming a Disciple. Kobe becomes a Bull Ronin, and I don't really know about Subodai.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
Kan Po, Wing Chun & Egg Shen are monks, they must visit a master ( the Iron Monkey ) for testing to go on to the next step of their path. Their next promotions will give them different quests.
Kobe starts as a Ronin ( a masterless samurai ), he needs a sword to better serve his new lord ( you ) and he becomes a samurai. Later he avenges a great dishonor to his family and becomes a Warlord.
Subodai starts as a Horse Barbarian, his first promotion has him doing a ritual, so that he may become a Warrior, later he becomes a Horse Khan.