Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kobe, Egg Shen, Wing, Kan Po, and Subodai...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I like them all to see in action by other Pirates, but I have questions about them. The first batch of class-dependent, story-driven Companions in Pirate101... are they ALL from MooShu? Did they get attacked by the Armada before being sent into Deacon's prison ship? I'm willing to know. Thanks for answering.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Here's what I think their backstory is:
  • Egg Shen: The Armada was wrecking sacred land so he tried to stop them, but failed and was imprisoned by Deacon
  • Kan Po: Same as Egg Shen
  • Kobe Yojimbo: Had a disagreement with the Armada and got arrested for fighting Armada troops
  • Subodai:Same as Kobe Yojimbo
  • Wing Chun: Same as Kan Po
*Hoped this helped

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
no clue. all i know is deacon needs a larger prison ship

Ensign
Jun 09, 2011
darkdoombro345 on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
no clue. all i know is deacon needs a larger prison ship
or a better crew

Developer
Trimond297 on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
I like them all to see in action by other Pirates, but I have questions about them. The first batch of class-dependent, story-driven Companions in Pirate101... are they ALL from MooShu? Did they get attacked by the Armada before being sent into Deacon's prison ship? I'm willing to know. Thanks for answering.
We decided pretty early on to make all the opening Companions from MooShu. There were a few factors at play here:

MooShu was a very popular world in Wizard101, but our story wouldn't take the PC there for a long time. We wanted to give players a taste of MooShu (and a happy call back to Wizard) as early as possible.

Also, being from MooShu, the companions are exotic - the PC is reminded how big the Spiral is because they see more than just pirates for the first few levels.

As for why they were in Deacon's ship, does it matter? He didn't catch them in MooShu - all of the Companions are either outcasts (Kobe is a fallen Ronin, Subodai was disgraced and left the Horde) or wanderers (all three of the Monks were grabbed while on their long wandering and contemplation phase).

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Blind Mew on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
We decided pretty early on to make all the opening Companions from MooShu. There were a few factors at play here:

MooShu was a very popular world in Wizard101, but our story wouldn't take the PC there for a long time. We wanted to give players a taste of MooShu (and a happy call back to Wizard) as early as possible.

Also, being from MooShu, the companions are exotic - the PC is reminded how big the Spiral is because they see more than just pirates for the first few levels.

As for why they were in Deacon's ship, does it matter? He didn't catch them in MooShu - all of the Companions are either outcasts (Kobe is a fallen Ronin, Subodai was disgraced and left the Horde) or wanderers (all three of the Monks were grabbed while on their long wandering and contemplation phase).
It doesn't really matter, the armada pretty much catches everyone these days, however it would be nice to have a little more back story to them considering they are probably most players' favorite companions. Also thanks for making the companions from mooshu, I was afraid Pirate101 would be completely new and Wizards has had a big effect on me, it's funny in wizards I've always wanted to have a samoorai minion, now i have one for a first mate.

Captain
May 13, 2011

wait, subodai was disgraced? they should think twice when they see him as a lvl 50 khan

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Well, I guess that explains it. Thanks, though, Blind Mew. It was nice to know about what happened to them before meeting the Pirates in the game's tutorial.

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
coolster50 on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
Here's what I think their backstory is:
  • Egg Shen: The Armada was wrecking sacred land so he tried to stop them, but failed and was imprisoned by Deacon
  • Kan Po: Same as Egg Shen
  • Kobe Yojimbo: Had a disagreement with the Armada and got arrested for fighting Armada troops
  • Subodai:Same as Kobe Yojimbo
  • Wing Chun: Same as Kan Po
*Hoped this helped
Wrong about subodai. He was sold to the armada as an exile by the amber horde