Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Disappointed With New Musketeer Powers

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
As a musketeer i am EXTREMELY disappointed with the new powers.
Quick-Draw 2 Possibly only good one on this list

Team Epic Overwatch, Only useful for one round (when the enemies come) plus its only 3 rounds so even the chance at another blast is not useful

Double Tap 2, When does this activate? When do we get double kills. Couldnt this have been burst fire?

Tempest Of Torpedoes, Okay the bombs now have a durability why? This just can have people in pvp wait for them to die. It only knocks back when you drop the bombs on the enemy...

Powder Keg Summon, This is possibly the worst power on the list. I expected it to be an X pattern. Is it? no. It summons one powder keg. Yeah you could get 300 damage on like 2 enemies, but really? Thats like no difference.

Burst Fire Team Epic. This is also good, but can be better

How to make them better

Quick Draw 2 is good

Team overwatch, make it 10 rounds or at least 5 rounds

Double Tap 2, make it burst fire 1

Tempest of Torpedoes, First off, remove the durability!!! Next let it knockback when the enemy steps on it

Powder Keg Summon, X pattern please. I can see some good damage being done with an X pattern.

Other classes get great powers, and witchdoctors get really set. They get arch lightning which can destroy a team! Come on Kingsisle do some nerfing.

Ensign
Jul 18, 2012
You could farm the Hydra for an item, it gives you Burst Fire.. For Chain Lightning, I must respectfully disagree with you. Chain Lightning may seem powerful, but it's weak when enemies are far spread, Chains become more likely when enemies are tightly clustered, like in a 4v4. KingsIsle won't likely nerf the Witchdoctor Class or any Class for that matter..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
LukeOwen: Come on Kingsisle do some nerfing.
Nerfing? Are you serious. Just because you don't like the goodies on one class does not make it a good idea to take away from the other wonderful good ideas they have come up with for the others. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with asking for strengthening of what they have designed for your class, but don't punish the other classes and damage our good stuff. Make a meaningful appeal and let us join you and yar your ideas to tweak up what you have. Positive is always better, not going backwards. .

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I'm a Musketeer myself and I've done mostly well up to the Satyrs in Aquila. They have been my hardest challenge yet!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
LukeOwen: Come on Kingsisle do some nerfing.
Nerfing? Are you serious. Just because you don't like the goodies on one class does not make it a good idea to take away from the other wonderful good ideas they have come up with for the others. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with asking for strengthening of what they have designed for your class, but don't punish the other classes and damage our good stuff. Make a meaningful appeal and let us join you and yar your ideas to tweak up what you have. Positive is always better, not going backwards. .
I was actually talking about musketeer powers when i wrote that line.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dead Eye Luke on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I was actually talking about musketeer powers when i wrote that line.
Then I am confused. You said your powers are too weak yet you said you wanted them to do some nerfing. It is my understanding that to 'Nerf' something is to make it weaker. Please explain what you mean then. I thought you meant you wanted them to nerf other classes to match what you perceived as the weaker state of musketeers. Although I love how powerful my musketeer has become. After getting through the growing pains of Cool Ranch I love how my musketeer can now kick some serious tush.