Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

+20% on Crowns

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
I am glad to see a bonus on Crowns purchaces. Since I just bout 13,750 crowns for $25.00 yesterday (6/12/13) I missed out on the extra 2,750 Free that became available today (6/13/13). . I was in such a hurry to buy the new Aquila ships equipment that I missed the bonus. No worries though, everyone is a day late and a dollar short sometimes. I hope everyone takes advantage of this awesome deal because, believe me, if I had the money to I would purchase another $25 worth. See you in the Spiral Captains.

H
appy Jose Hawkins

Witchdoctor
Level 6

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Happy Jose Hawkins on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
I am glad to see a bonus on Crowns purchaces. Since I just bout 13,750 crowns for $25.00 yesterday (6/12/13) I missed out on the extra 2,750 Free that became available today (6/13/13). . I was in such a hurry to buy the new Aquila ships equipment that I missed the bonus. No worries though, everyone is a day late and a dollar short sometimes. I hope everyone takes advantage of this awesome deal because, believe me, if I had the money to I would purchase another $25 worth. See you in the Spiral Captains.

H
appy Jose Hawkins

Witchdoctor
Level 6
save your crowns the best aquila ship items are all dropped especially the heavy ship type.. buying any would be a waste of crowns.

Community Leader
masterryan1969 on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
save your crowns the best aquila ship items are all dropped especially the heavy ship type.. buying any would be a waste of crowns.
As with most things in the crown shop, (the possible exception being the eye-patches) there is always something that drops in the game that is better. If not, there would be no reason to play! The reason you might spend crowns is for convenience: if your ship has better equipment, farming the top tier is easier and you can get to that point faster. That's how real money shops should work, in my opinion. If you could simply buy the best items, that wouldn't be any fun.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
As with most things in the crown shop, (the possible exception being the eye-patches) there is always something that drops in the game that is better. If not, there would be no reason to play! The reason you might spend crowns is for convenience: if your ship has better equipment, farming the top tier is easier and you can get to that point faster. That's how real money shops should work, in my opinion. If you could simply buy the best items, that wouldn't be any fun.
I agree wholeheartedly. I bought one ship and outfitted it from the crown shop, then I started farming the ship bosses in Aquila. In one evening I got enough stuff that matched the crown shop stuff point for point to outfit two more ships . Plus I got some items that you cannot buy for any money or crowns, the fleet boosting sails and stuff. Yes the crown shop is useful but not necessary by any means.