Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

tips for Marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
I'm going into Marleybone pretty soon and I don't really know what to expect. I'm a Privateer and I really need some tips, I've gone to a boss battle (under request of a friend) and HOLY WOW I'm unprepared. Of course that was when I was a level 42-ish level (so around 10 levels ago). But I still need some tips. Thank You!

from a

P.S. looking for ship, companion, or character tips
more than anything, but everything would help.
Thank You!

Captain
May 13, 2011
pirate chick on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
I'm going into Marleybone pretty soon and I don't really know what to expect. I'm a Privateer and I really need some tips, I've gone to a boss battle (under request of a friend) and HOLY WOW I'm unprepared. Of course that was when I was a level 42-ish level (so around 10 levels ago). But I still need some tips. Thank You!

from a

P.S. looking for ship, companion, or character tips
more than anything, but everything would help.
Thank You!
what i know is early on in marleybone, you will face a mix of radical cat and dog brutes and fox gunners. im not sure what a privateer should do, but make sure you use those buffs to your advantage

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Marleybone Heavy galleon will suit your needs there nicely. As long as you have your companions trained up and your nautical levels are high enough for you to get a decent ship under you, you should do fine. As the bad guys will do more damage to you I suggest focusing your companions to take them out one at a time so you have one less bad guy chipping at you and your crew per round, if possible. Sometimes even with everyone you have attacking someone they will still manage to avoid getting knocked out of the fight. Once you get to Bishop in the Beachhead fights, Remember he has Witchhunter skill and will severely punish any witchdoctor trying to directly attack him. Bonnie Anne is really useful for taking out Bishop's little robots he keeps throwing into the fray. So keep your witchdoctor companions low in your crew roster. If you do get one have them just focus on the other guys and let some one else focus on Bishop. Battling Rooke will be a challenge too. Don't use any musketeer hits on him or he will just deflect the damage to those around him. He does have a skill that knocks you back if you try to get close to him to attack so place companions behind the square you are going into then he cannot knock you backwards through them.
There are many good tips on these boards. If you get into a tough fight that you need better strategy on, just do a search on their name and you will find good tips here and on Pirate101 Central.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
The enemy ships in Marleybone are quite tough so I suggest a Marleybone Galleon. The ships is about 51,000-60,000 coins depending on the color so save up and sell unwanted items at the bazaar. You could also find good ship equipment there (be sure to look at the stats of each equipment thoroughly and have a decent nautical level). Although it may cost a LOT, it would be worth it when you're battling ships in the skyway. If you're trying to get the best ship equipment they can offer, try to save up to about twice as much as the ship would cost. I learned that the hard way...

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Thank you everyone for all the tips!! I feel at least a little more prepared.
I'll post back when I get there and initiate all of these!
Additional question: Would it help to farm levels before I go, or would it be a waste?

Thanks again for all the tips! from a

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
pirate chick on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Thank you everyone for all the tips!! I feel at least a little more prepared.
I'll post back when I get there and initiate all of these!
Additional question: Would it help to farm levels before I go, or would it be a waste?

Thanks again for all the tips! from a
Farming is never a wasted investment. You could get a really choice drop and if not what you do get you can sell for gold and then be able to buy more training tomes. The gold you get from farming itself is always good. Friar Sand is great for boosting your gold along with some great gear he drops.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Kill Bishop's armada turrets (those things that fire blue and says ,"Armada Machine"). I just completed Beachead yesterday at level 60 and it is a huge hindrance. Also, if I am level 60 and got out of beachhead, wt level will I go to Aquila.