Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid: Golden Sky Dragon

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Looks like I spoke too soon! Just got the new and improved Golden Sky Dragon.

The combo is Celestial Dragon x Golden Sky Rattler.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Excellent!! I have BOTH!! Time to get to work!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Merciless Morgrim on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:

Congrats I have lost track of the amount of times I have tried that combo. Well done on kicking the odds generator's tush.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Merciless Morgrim on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:

Good job! Was it really only 6 minutes from your post asking about it until you found it?

I was at the Gym with Hawkules and must have missed the commotion in the morphing tent.

Again great job, there are still more hybrid pets out there for you to discover.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Where do you find a Golden Sky Rattler?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Excellent!! I have BOTH!! Time to get to work!
15 attempts later.....AND I HAVE IT!!! 275 pedigree. Time to get to work!

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Grats Merciless Morgrim! Awesome news.

I am now wondering how to get ahold of a golden sky rattler. According to the wiki it comes from a Toys R Us card but the critter you get from that card varies from one month to the next and this month isn't it.

I am really surprised a hybrid came from a more limited pet like that, makes me wonder if my blue ringed walktopus has any tricks up it's non existant sleeve. Or the north wind lion and vermillion dragon. Are the holiday pets off limits for hybrids or should I take a look at my candy cane dragon and blue chocolope?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Where do you find a Golden Sky Rattler?
On a Toys R Us card, or by the way I got mine: The March Gold and Green code giveaway, as a rare gift. This hybrid will prove to be extremely rare, as one of the pets needed to make it is a card/code pet which is rarely available. I wish all who try to attempt to get this sparkly, golden dragon the best of luck. This will be one of the harder ones to get.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
15 attempts later.....AND I HAVE IT!!! 275 pedigree. Time to get to work!
Well, only 11 pedigree expressed so far and it is now Teen. Naturally Strong 2 and Kappa's Caper. I hope to get AT LEAST 1 Epic ability for him, like First Strike. However, my Paper Dragon started out like that, and he now has Vengeance Strike and Blade Storm. Just gotta keep my hopes up!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
On a Toys R Us card, or by the way I got mine: The March Gold and Green code giveaway, as a rare gift. This hybrid will prove to be extremely rare, as one of the pets needed to make it is a card/code pet which is rarely available. I wish all who try to attempt to get this sparkly, golden dragon the best of luck. This will be one of the harder ones to get.
I foresee great popularity in your future!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
What are its world of origin and preferred snack type?
Can it breed more of its kind or is it a true hybrid?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Another quick thing. IF you have a Golden Sky Rattler, use that to hatch with people. Trust me, I did that today with someone, and I made his day lol. All he needs now is the Celestial Dragon! And it was a win for me, as he repaid me with a Fire Toad on the first hatching attempt, and the Golden Sky Rattler I got had 403 pedigree! Time to go get the Bullrog! This special hybrid doesn't need or deserve to be SUPER rare. Spread the wealth by hatching with people with YOUR Golden Sky Rattler TODAY!!!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Another quick thing. IF you have a Golden Sky Rattler, use that to hatch with people. Trust me, I did that today with someone, and I made his day lol. All he needs now is the Celestial Dragon! And it was a win for me, as he repaid me with a Fire Toad on the first hatching attempt, and the Golden Sky Rattler I got had 403 pedigree! Time to go get the Bullrog! This special hybrid doesn't need or deserve to be SUPER rare. Spread the wealth by hatching with people with YOUR Golden Sky Rattler TODAY!!!
Now thats the SPIRIT!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
Now thats the SPIRIT!
Ooh, a possible clue.......perhaps? Anybody out there have a Seaweed Spirit?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Good job! Was it really only 6 minutes from your post asking about it until you found it?

I was at the Gym with Hawkules and must have missed the commotion in the morphing tent.

Again great job, there are still more hybrid pets out there for you to discover.
Yes it was. After I posted that thread I got it the very next morph. Spoke too soon I guess

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, a possible clue.......perhaps? Anybody out there have a Seaweed Spirit?
Valkoor, for as much as I would like to say that was a clue. It was not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sigh, *Stops stuffing snacks down my teen Seaweed Spirit's throat.*

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Darn it, I thought that I could trick you into divulging some top secret, hybrid info! The sudden use of color in your post had me swearing you were giving a not-so-subtle clue.

Boy this whole morphing and hybrid hunting thing has gotten me on edge. At work I see a squirrel climb a tree and park it on a branch. Then look over and see an Eagle soaring through the air and my hands start a shakin' and my eye a twitchin' and I begin feeling a bit light headed. And I think to myself, 'I just know that those two can make a new hybrid......ooh, they must-- a 'Squeagle'! *PLUNKK*

I dust myself off and at that moment a butterfly flutters by as I nearly fall to the ground again, but am thankfully held up by my sturdy pride. At that instance, I am startled by the sounds of a wild turkey and, 'HARK.....that must make a new hybrid-- maybe a 'Butterball' or a 'Flyin' Gobblin'!' *THWACK*

As the strength returns to my knees and I pull the last of the grass and mulch from my hair and teeth, I notice a cute little Opossum scurrying across the road, which in turn startles a young deer munching on some vittles. 'ALAS, that's it, a new hybrid-- an 'O' Deer' is born!' *THUMP*

With the strong scent of smelling salts still lingering and my crew standing over top of me, I somehow manage to find the courage to press on with my workday. But the constant angst of possible, undiscovered hybrids will torment the very fabric of my existence, from here to eternity. 'OH LOOK!!!......this house has termites, and they are all over the customer's nice gator boots. SAY WHAAAAAT!?.....Great Scott.....I've done it-- 'The Termigator' hybrid lives! *BLAMMM*

Will the madness never end?

All I know is that I won't stop searching and that........I'll be back.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Darn it, I thought that I could trick you into divulging some top secret, hybrid info! The sudden use of color in your post had me swearing you were giving a not-so-subtle clue.

Boy this whole morphing and hybrid hunting thing has gotten me on edge. At work I see a squirrel climb a tree and park it on a branch. Then look over and see an Eagle soaring through the air and my hands start a shakin' and my eye a twitchin' and I begin feeling a bit light headed. And I think to myself, 'I just know that those two can make a new hybrid......ooh, they must-- a 'Squeagle'! *PLUNKK*

I dust myself off and at that moment a butterfly flutters by as I nearly fall to the ground again, but am thankfully held up by my sturdy pride. At that instance, I am startled by the sounds of a wild turkey and, 'HARK.....that must make a new hybrid-- maybe a 'Butterball' or a 'Flyin' Gobblin'!' *THWACK*

As the strength returns to my knees and I pull the last of the grass and mulch from my hair and teeth, I notice a cute little Opossum scurrying across the road, which in turn startles a young deer munching on some vittles. 'ALAS, that's it, a new hybrid-- an 'O' Deer' is born!' *THUMP*

With the strong scent of smelling salts still lingering and my crew standing over top of me, I somehow manage to find the courage to press on with my workday. But the constant angst of possible, undiscovered hybrids will torment the very fabric of my existence, from here to eternity. 'OH LOOK!!!......this house has termites, and they are all over the customer's nice gator boots. SAY WHAAAAAT!?.....Great Scott.....I've done it-- 'The Termigator' hybrid lives! *BLAMMM*

Will the madness never end?

All I know is that I won't stop searching and that........I'll be back.
"Squeagle" And it just got funnier from there. Valkoor you are a national treasure.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Sigh, *Stops stuffing snacks down my teen Seaweed Spirit's throat.*
If one were to actually make that hybrid work, a Golden Sky Rattler with a Seaweed Spirit, you could get a Spirit Sky Snake, a ghost! That would be neat!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
No Hint Here
*Instantly goes on a rage about how this could possibly be a hint*

My gosh Decius, you're gonna make me blow up my noggin! Let's see, red and orange........what pets are red and orange? The Bullrog, which I just got, is orange, but that's a hybrid. I'm gonna let our Morphing Master, AKA Valkoor, try to figure this one out.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I've gone thru about 3 million gold trying to get a paper dragon but I got the silver dollar dillo the second try I guess it's all down to luck on these morphs .

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warriorscreed on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
*Instantly goes on a rage about how this could possibly be a hint*

My gosh Decius, you're gonna make me blow up my noggin! Let's see, red and orange........what pets are red and orange? The Bullrog, which I just got, is orange, but that's a hybrid. I'm gonna let our Morphing Master, AKA Valkoor, try to figure this one out.
Ok, so I believe that this, "No Hint Here", is indeed a hint- even if it is not. So let's get to dissecting these pets. Ooh, no let's not dissect pets, let's instead dissect the non-hint, that doesn't hint at anything at all.

So, first we have- 'No'. Now no by itself doesn't seem like much of a hint, but 'au contraire mon frere'. Normally I would say that the word no is quite insignificant, but what we are dealing with here are 3 words that combine to create a veritable clue sandwich-- hold the pickles, please! When we turn no around, we get its distant cousin, thrice removed, on its mother's side- 'on'. Now, on just happens to be the last 2 letters in the word 'Lion'. Now you may ask, "what does Lion really have to do with the words on & no?" Let me explain, but please stick with me because this is where it gets confusing, yet also makes perfect sense.

First ask yourself this- "would you really like to Li(e) on a wild, untamed, full-grown, ferocious Lion"? What answer should we all be left with-"no" & that is no Li(e)! Ah Ha! So it is all coming full circle. And as we all know, it's the "Circle of Life" that moves us all & the "Circle of Life" comes from, go figure- The Lion King! NO, say it ain't so!

Ok, so now that we are more confused than when we 1st started, we know that we are on to something & a new hybrid is close to being discovered. Let's leave the 2nd word, "Hint", alone for a second & get right to the 3rd word, "Here". Now this one took a little while to figure out its place in the hint & hybrid discovery process. That is until I asked myself, what does it mean when we are 'Here'? Not sure, well I'll tell you. It means that we are 'in the present'. EUREKA- 'present', as in gift card, which P101 has many of. Ok, so that is of no help whatsoever. But I beg to differ! By looking at the 2nd word, "Hint", we get a tasty morsel of a clue that our imaginations are left to devour! (mmmmm, anyone got some yum to wash it down?)

So, there we have it- a pet, that is a present, in the form of a gift cart- that serves as a "Hint". The answer, my friends, is as plain as the toppings on my pizza-- Hinterland Turtle! Ok, so now we are cooking with Crisco & about to fry up a hybrid...EEK! No, let's not fry any critters here, please!

So, what do we know so far? We have the word "No", which logically leads to the word Lion, & through deductive nonsense we have found that "Here", combined with "Hint", refers to the present, that refers to the Hinterland Turtle. Ok, but a Lion doesn't really make sense at all! That is until you factor in the Wordy Bird's color usage in the non-hinted at hint. Orange, <other color>, Orange. Hmmm, now what pet has a color pattern that resembles that? Yep, you got it...the Lion Fish! And we are fishing for answers here!

HOLY CANOLI, GUACAMOLE & STROMBOLI!!!

We now know our recipe for a successful hybrid...Mexican & Italian! Oops, I mean-- Lion Fish & Hinterland Turtle!

I mean, it just makes perfect sense...right?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I believe that this, "No Hint Here", is indeed a hint- even if it is not. So let's get to dissecting these pets. Ooh, no let's not dissect pets, let's instead dissect the non-hint, that doesn't hint at anything at all.

So, first we have- 'No'. Now no by itself doesn't seem like much of a hint, but 'au contraire mon frere'. Normally I would say that the word no is quite insignificant, but what we are dealing with here are 3 words that combine to create a veritable clue sandwich-- hold the pickles, please! When we turn no around, we get its distant cousin, thrice removed, on its mother's side- 'on'. Now, on just happens to be the last 2 letters in the word 'Lion'. Now you may ask, "what does Lion really have to do with the words on & no?" Let me explain, but please stick with me because this is where it gets confusing, yet also makes perfect sense.

First ask yourself this- "would you really like to Li(e) on a wild, untamed, full-grown, ferocious Lion"? What answer should we all be left with-"no" & that is no Li(e)! Ah Ha! So it is all coming full circle. And as we all know, it's the "Circle of Life" that moves us all & the "Circle of Life" comes from, go figure- The Lion King! NO, say it ain't so!

Ok, so now that we are more confused than when we 1st started, we know that we are on to something & a new hybrid is close to being discovered. Let's leave the 2nd word, "Hint", alone for a second & get right to the 3rd word, "Here". Now this one took a little while to figure out its place in the hint & hybrid discovery process. That is until I asked myself, what does it mean when we are 'Here'? Not sure, well I'll tell you. It means that we are 'in the present'. EUREKA- 'present', as in gift card, which P101 has many of. Ok, so that is of no help whatsoever. But I beg to differ! By looking at the 2nd word, "Hint", we get a tasty morsel of a clue that our imaginations are left to devour! (mmmmm, anyone got some yum to wash it down?)

So, there we have it- a pet, that is a present, in the form of a gift cart- that serves as a "Hint". The answer, my friends, is as plain as the toppings on my pizza-- Hinterland Turtle! Ok, so now we are cooking with Crisco & about to fry up a hybrid...EEK! No, let's not fry any critters here, please!

So, what do we know so far? We have the word "No", which logically leads to the word Lion, & through deductive nonsense we have found that "Here", combined with "Hint", refers to the present, that refers to the Hinterland Turtle. Ok, but a Lion doesn't really make sense at all! That is until you factor in the Wordy Bird's color usage in the non-hinted at hint. Orange, <other color>, Orange. Hmmm, now what pet has a color pattern that resembles that? Yep, you got it...the Lion Fish! And we are fishing for answers here!

HOLY CANOLI, GUACAMOLE & STROMBOLI!!!

We now know our recipe for a successful hybrid...Mexican & Italian! Oops, I mean-- Lion Fish & Hinterland Turtle!

I mean, it just makes perfect sense...right?
Let me guess.........You got into the Halloween candy a bit early..............Right