Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Medievil101 Idea

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I just wanted to share one of my ideas for a possible Kings Isle game.

Worlds:
SwordHaven Kingdom (Starting World)
Avalon
Monquista
Gobblerton
Etheria

The way of transport is using transport stones.
The Villains are The Conspirators, there is one member in each world.

Classes:
Ranger (At level 50 promoted to Archer OR Gunner) (At level 100 promoted to either Crossbowman or Cannoneer)
Thief (At level 50 promoted to Tracker OR Sneak) (At level 100 promoted to either Pathfinder or Masker)
Brawler (At level 50 promoted to Spearman OR Swordsman) (At level 100 promoted to either Dragooner or Knight)
Cleric (At level 50 promoted to Priest OR Evoker) (At level 100 promoted to either Preacher or Guardian)

Stats for Classes:
Ranger: Health - Medium, Range - Long, Damage - Medium, Armour - Medium, Magic - Medium
Thief: Health - Low, Range - Medium, Damage - Medium, Armour - Light, Magic - Low
Brawler: Health - High, Range - Short, Damage - Strong, Armour - Heavy, Magic - Low
Cleric: Health - High, Range - Long, Damage - Weak, Armour - Light, Magic - High

Class Descriptions:
Rangers are swift are on their feet and have the ability to take opponents by surprise. Archers use a bow and arrows to deal long-ranged damage, when promoted to crossbowman, their accuracy is heightened. Gunners deal heavy damage and when promoted to Cannoneers, they become the tanks of the battlefield.
The Ranger class track gives the player the ability to inflict status ailments on enemies when using weapons.

A Thief is light on their feet, they can sneak past almost any enemy and steal their share in gold. Trackers use their senses and the aid of pets to track their enemies down, when promoted to pathfinder, there is no way enemies can escape your grasp! Sneaks can easily defeat enemies without being noticed, they can even walk through the enemy lines without getting into a fight, when promoted to a masker, they can easily fool enemies into thinking that they are on the same side.
The Thief class track gives the player the ability to loot from enemies, usually stealing some of their rarest items.

Brawlers are tough and have high health, they aren't easily defeated. A Spearman can deal high damage from a long distance, when promoted to a Dragooner, it is possible to attack any enemy from any distance. A Swordsman deals about the same damage but can pierce their enemies, when promoted to a Knight they can ride a mount into battle!
The Brawler class track gives the player the ability to ride mounts into battle and can influence units to join them.

A Cleric uses magic to heal allies and give them strength. A Priest heals the most of any unit and can use magic to fight against enemies, when promoted to a Preacher, they can bring characters back from the grave. An Evoker summons beasts and creatures to find alongside, when promoted to a Guardian, they become just as fierce as their summons.
The Cleric class track gives the player the ability to use magic and summon creatures.

Will add.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:

Worlds:
Avalon
Monquista
Gobblerton
Etheria

Classes:
Ranger (At level 50 promoted to Archer OR Gunner) (At level 100 promoted to either Crossbowman or Cannoneer)
Thief (At level 50 promoted to Tracker OR Sneak) (At level 100 promoted to either Pathfinder or Masker)
Brawler (At level 50 promoted to Spearman OR Swordsman) (At level 100 promoted to either Dragooner or Knight)
Cleric (At level 50 promoted to Priest OR Evoker) (At level 100 promoted to either Preacher or Guardian)

Stats for Classes:
Ranger: Health - Medium, Range - Long, Damage - Medium, Armour - Medium, Magic - Medium
Thief: Health - Low, Range - Medium, Damage - Medium, Armour - Light, Magic - Low
Brawler: Health - High, Range - Short, Damage - Strong, Armour - Heavy, Magic - Low
Cleric: Health - High, Range - Long, Damage - Weak, Armour - Light, Magic - High

Class Descriptions:
Rangers are swift are on their feet and have the ability to take opponents by surprise. Archers use a bow and arrows to deal long-ranged damage, when promoted to crossbowman, their accuracy is heightened. Gunners deal heavy damage and when promoted to Cannoneers, they become the tanks of the battlefield.
The Ranger class track gives the player the ability to inflict status ailments on enemies when using weapons.

A Thief is light on their feet, they can sneak past almost any enemy and steal their share in gold. Trackers use their senses and the aid of pets to track their enemies down, when promoted to pathfinder, there is no way enemies can escape your grasp! Sneaks can easily defeat enemies without being noticed, they can even walk through the enemy lines without getting into a fight, when promoted to a masker, they can easily fool enemies into thinking that they are on the same side.
The Thief class track gives the player the ability to loot from enemies, usually stealing some of their rarest items.

Brawlers are tough and have high health, they aren't easily defeated. A Spearman can deal high damage from a long distance, when promoted to a Dragooner, it is possible to attack any enemy from any distance. A Swordsman deals about the same damage but can pierce their enemies, when promoted to a Knight they can ride a mount into battle!
The Brawler class track gives the player the ability to ride mounts into battle and can influence units to join them.

A Cleric uses magic to heal allies and give them strength. A Priest heals the most of any unit and can use magic to fight against enemies, when promoted to a Preacher, they can bring characters back from the grave. An Evoker summons beasts and creatures to find alongside, when promoted to a Guardian, they become just as fierce as their summons.
The Cleric class track gives the player the ability to use magic and summon creatures.

Will add.
Interesting I have always been a nerd for medevil stuff so a ranger is a musketeer a thief is a swashbuckular a brawler is a buccaneer and a celeric is a privateer/witchdoctor I like the idea good job on thinking of that idea

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
dragonmaster1236 on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
Interesting I have always been a nerd for medevil stuff so a ranger is a musketeer a thief is a swashbuckular a brawler is a buccaneer and a celeric is a privateer/witchdoctor I like the idea good job on thinking of that idea
It's a bit difficult to think of more classes in the Medievil Realm, so I decided why not branching classes? Where we get an option of the type of Warrior we become? Like Clerics can either choose to be solely focused on healing and buffing others or summon allies and become stronger.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I'm thinking it'll be quite a while before we see another KI game, let alone it will be a "101" game..

And idea wise I think it'd be cool to have a medievil premised game because avalon in wizard101 was one of my favorite worlds and I would honestly love to see Avalon in this game. Imagine buck getting some epic knight armor and musketeers getting a bow and arrow whew

Also imagine a futuristic-themed world in space. A malfunctioning stormgate launches you high into the sky! Laser swords, laser beams, stormtroop- wait a minute

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
How about instead of Celric, we have High Priest/High Priestess. And the magic Celric, and or High Priest/High Priestess would practice would be referred to as "The Old Religion"

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
How about instead of Celric, we have High Priest/High Priestess. And the magic Celric, and or High Priest/High Priestess would practice would be referred to as "The Old Religion"

Well I don't see why not xd

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
What do you guys think of combat towers, which act like battle standards, they are giant buildings that either act as an attack, defence or buff tower which affect the whole battlefield.

Maybe have one from each world completed?

SwordHaven Kingdom - Archery Tower: Deals low damage to each enemy per round, 150
Avalon - Might of Artorius: Increases all damage done by 25%, 350
Monquista - Banana Rain: Heals 5% of each unit's health at the end of each turn, 550
Gobblerton - Food Spree: Increases critical rating and damage done by 30%, 800
Etheria - Spectral Grave: Summons an ally from the dead to fight each time you defeat an enemy, 1000

We could also have units, not companions, but units, such as instead of having one Ratbeard, we can have multiple Rat Pirates or instead of one Shiruku Neko, we can have multiple Cat Ninjas?

As for what our Warriors would do in each world:

SwordHaven Kingdom - The Conspirators have destroyed our village and we are the only ones that weren't taken by them, we then meet his highness, King Cartarius and her majest, Queen Elodius, both of whom are doves who rule the Kingdom of SwordHaven. We meet them through their knight and jester who wandered upon our village. They gives us tasks to earn our place and discover that we are the heir to a long lost throne. The first Conspirator is Ki who is an Echidna Warlord causing havoc in the Kingdom, he tells us of how The Conspirators were planning to get us, but failed to. King Cartarius gets a distress call from King Artorius.

Avalon - The Kingdom is being overrun by foxes from Albion, the next Conspirator is Foxtrot, who lead the foxes to defeat Avalon, King Artorius now requires assistance to free his kingdom from the grip or poverty. Foxtrot then flees to Monquista but is soon stopped by Queen Elodius and her forces, we face him in battle and learn that Monquista will get invaded while The Armada are trying to run after a Pirate.

TBC

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
What do you guys think of combat towers, which act like battle standards, they are giant buildings that either act as an attack, defence or buff tower which affect the whole battlefield.

Maybe have one from each world completed?

SwordHaven Kingdom - Archery Tower: Deals low damage to each enemy per round, 150
Avalon - Might of Artorius: Increases all damage done by 25%, 350
Monquista - Banana Rain: Heals 5% of each unit's health at the end of each turn, 550
Gobblerton - Food Spree: Increases critical rating and damage done by 30%, 800
Etheria - Spectral Grave: Summons an ally from the dead to fight each time you defeat an enemy, 1000

We could also have units, not companions, but units, such as instead of having one Ratbeard, we can have multiple Rat Pirates or instead of one Shiruku Neko, we can have multiple Cat Ninjas?

As for what our Warriors would do in each world:

SwordHaven Kingdom - The Conspirators have destroyed our village and we are the only ones that weren't taken by them, we then meet his highness, King Cartarius and her majest, Queen Elodius, both of whom are doves who rule the Kingdom of SwordHaven. We meet them through their knight and jester who wandered upon our village. They gives us tasks to earn our place and discover that we are the heir to a long lost throne. The first Conspirator is Ki who is an Echidna Warlord causing havoc in the Kingdom, he tells us of how The Conspirators were planning to get us, but failed to. King Cartarius gets a distress call from King Artorius.

Avalon - The Kingdom is being overrun by foxes from Albion, the next Conspirator is Foxtrot, who lead the foxes to defeat Avalon, King Artorius now requires assistance to free his kingdom from the grip or poverty. Foxtrot then flees to Monquista but is soon stopped by Queen Elodius and her forces, we face him in battle and learn that Monquista will get invaded while The Armada are trying to run after a Pirate.

TBC
Oh man that sounds awesome Another great idea mate

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:

Worlds:
Avalon
Monquista
Gobblerton
Etheria

Classes:

Stats for Classes:

Class Descriptions:

Will add.
interesting idea this could be a fun game is kingsisle is willing

Ensign
May 06, 2012
Judging by the stats, I wouldn't want to be a thief

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Brian GoldenShade on Nov 15, 2014 wrote:
Judging by the stats, I wouldn't want to be a thief
Their stats may be low, but they can attempt to steal gear from enemies and possibly even obtain the rarest loot, would be the best class for farming.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
What would be the basic combat mechanic? To me, that is one of the most intriguing aspects of speculating/wishing what a new KI game might be. Wizard101 is based around deck-building collectible card games; Pirate101 is based around tabletop miniatures skirmish games. The setting is window dressing; the combat mechanism is the heart of these games. So, what combat mechanism would Medieval101 (or any new KI game) be built around?

Board game?
RPG?
larger-scale tabletop miniatures wargame?

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
P.S. I do like the medieval setting you suggest, Tyler. Avalon remains my favorite setting in Wizard.

-Indigo

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I think a turn based combat system would be good, maybe boardgame style but different from Pirate101?

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I just thought of a storyline antagonist. Your probably don't know who this is but you probably do know the story "Alice and Wonderland". Well in the sequel to the original story, "Through the Looking Glass" the main antagonist in Wonderland is "The Red Queen". And You know how the Queen of Hearts liked cards, well The Red Queen LOVES chess. Well let's say your player goes to some land that we haven't named on this topic yet and meets some similar version of the Red Queen. So she seems nice at first you do some quests for her and it turns out the quests are a little strange to you and they seem a bit bad but of course she assures you they are for a good cause, and the she completely goes two faced and shows her bad side. Just a thought. The reason why I suggest this is because The Red Queen is my favorite character in the whole "Alice and Wonderland" story line thing. And maybe her castle could be shaped into chess pieces. Like the center tower of the castle would be the Queen piece and surrounding it are Kings and so forth.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Each class should also have Skills and Powers,

These could be the starters:

Brawler
Skill: Bulldoze I (10% chance of knocking an enemy back 1 square)
Power: Aftershock (Deals minimal damage to all units on the field for 1 turn)

Ranger
Skill: Sharpshot I (5% chance of instantly knocking out an enemy when attacking from a distance, does not work on bosses)
Power: Wooden Arrow Rain (Deals minimal damage to each enemy in a 3x3 square radius)

Thief
Skill: Mug I (10% chance to attack and steal a common item from an enemy who enters a square adjacent to you)
Power: Hooded (Hide from all enemies for 2 turns)

Cleric
Skill: Healing Wish I (Heal up to 10% of health for allies at the end of each round, 5% chance of activating)
Power: Marker (Increase an allie's accuracy by 50%)

and maybe when reaching level 49 before a branching career they can gain these:

Brawler
Skill: Warrior's Rage I (20% chance of being enraged(increases attack power by x2.0) for 1 turn when hit succesfully by an enemy)
Power: Earthquake (Deals heavy damage to all units on the field for 1 turn, 50% chance of aftershock, then 25% chance of aftershock, the chance of an aftershock occuring is halved each time it occurs)

Ranger
Skill: Sharpshot III (15% chance of instantly knocking out an enemy when attacking from a distance, does not work on bosses)
Power: Arrow Dance (Hits each enemy on the field with an arrow, these being either: Wooden - minimal damage, Stone - medium damage, Steel - maximum damage, poison - inflicts poison, ice - inflicts immobilization or fire - inflicts burn)

Thief
Skill: Mug IV (40% chance to attack and steal a rarer item from an enemy who enters a square adjacent to you)
Power: Pilfer Gold (Deal damage to an enemy by using gold, 1 gold = 1 damage)

Cleric
Skill: Mana Field I (Increases all magic units' magic attacks for the remainder of the turn, 10% chance of being activated at the start of each round)
Power: Mass Revival (10% chance of fully healing entire party otherwise only heals

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
I just thought of a storyline antagonist. Your probably don't know who this is but you probably do know the story "Alice and Wonderland". Well in the sequel to the original story, "Through the Looking Glass" the main antagonist in Wonderland is "The Red Queen". And You know how the Queen of Hearts liked cards, well The Red Queen LOVES chess. Well let's say your player goes to some land that we haven't named on this topic yet and meets some similar version of the Red Queen. So she seems nice at first you do some quests for her and it turns out the quests are a little strange to you and they seem a bit bad but of course she assures you they are for a good cause, and the she completely goes two faced and shows her bad side. Just a thought. The reason why I suggest this is because The Red Queen is my favorite character in the whole "Alice and Wonderland" story line thing. And maybe her castle could be shaped into chess pieces. Like the center tower of the castle would be the Queen piece and surrounding it are Kings and so forth.

Great idea! I think The Red Queen would fit as one of the conspirators or maybe is in a conspiracy with the conspirators? xd