Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Targeting obstacles

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Since the newest update I noticed that I am unable to target obstacles in my way other than using an AOE (area of effect) type spell (big guns, mojo storm, scatter-shot, etc)

Was this intended? I'm even unable to target the blast barrels (the ones that explode)

Just wondering.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Developer
From Tech: "If a player targets and then untargets an obstacle, you won't be able to target that obstacle until the next round."

This is a known bug, and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity PixieShad... on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
Since the newest update I noticed that I am unable to target obstacles in my way other than using an AOE (area of effect) type spell (big guns, mojo storm, scatter-shot, etc)

Was this intended? I'm even unable to target the blast barrels (the ones that explode)

Just wondering.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)
This is happening everywhere! This bug has spread across the worlds of the Spiral, call the exterminators!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
This bug is still happening. No one is able to target any obstacle right from the start of the battle. It makes things somewhat difficult, especially in places like the Earth Temple on Maruzame.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
This bug is effecting majority of the players where its difficult to hit the obstacles. This bug needs to be exterminated before it becomes the biggest problem in the Spiral. I have encountered this bug before like the Armada ship in Marlybone on the Isle of Fetch, where only you can attack the breakers. This is too annoying and I hope it does get fixed.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I really hate this bug i'm battling Buck Bronco! I'm a swashbuckler so it's annoying.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
I'm happy to report that this bug hasn't affected The Volcano and Chumba Wumba. It did make the Pyramid of Fire very difficult to complete. I'm currently in Cool Ranch and not looking forward to other quests that require you to destroy things ( are there any? )

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have been playing my higher-level buccaneer the last couple of weeks, moving him from level 58 to 65 after leaving him benched for months. The inability to target furniture and other terrain pieces can make the fights where destroying/activating objects is required for victory a challenge for pirates who don't normally depend on area of effect attacks. Angel only had two AofE in his entire hand, and only one crewman (Bonnie Anne) with an AofE attack. On at least one occasion I had to sit around and twiddle my thumbs waiting for my pet to appear and attack the remaining objects. Fortunately, if the enemy are all out of action but the scenario doesn't end because you haven't hit the whatsits, your pet will attack the whatsits (although you may have to wait until it has destroyed every other piece of furniture!).

The good news is, even with a max of only 3 AofE available, Angel did make it to max level even with this bug dogging his footsteps.

-Indigo