Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cannot redeem gifts....

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
For some reason my wife cannot redeem her gifts in-game. She opens the gift window, selects an item and clicks accept like is normal to do, but when she clicks accept she gets a message saying item failed to redeem. This happens with any and all gifts she tries to redeem not any specific gift/gifts. Been happening to her for days. She has tried using different characters to redeem the gifts and tried logging out and back in and neither seem to help. Any ideas on why this is happening, anyone experience this bug/problem before. Please help. Tyvm.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Please send an email to support@pirate101.com so they can help you with this issue.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Same thing here, this never happened to my characters before.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2012
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
I've been running into this as well. I discovered that if I log to character select screen and back to the character I was just on who tried to redeem, it will then work. Least it did most recently an hour or two ago. Hope that helps.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
I've been running into this as well. I discovered that if I log to character select screen and back to the character I was just on who tried to redeem, it will then work. Least it did most recently an hour or two ago. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the helpful information!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
First Mate
May 01, 2012
I just ran into the problem of trying to redeem gifts and being told "The item failed to redeem.". This occurred both at 12/17/14 3:25 am PST and just now at 12/17/14 11:42 am PST. I tried using the announcement of having gifts to redeem at the top of the screen and the Redeem Gifts button from the drop-down menu. I also tried going to the Pirate Selection Screen, choosing a different Pirate, and trying to redeem with same result. I then went back to the first Pirate with the same result. I also logged out of the game between the two times.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I am having the same problem with redeeming gifts. Logging out did not work, Switching Pirates did not work. Switching accounts did not work. I have e-mailed support@pirate101.com and hopefully they can help me.

I don't know if this matters but I do have 4 pages of gifts to redeem. Some were free and the rest were purchased with Crowns.

This first started when I tried to redeem the Gift Gold and received the message "The item failed to redeem.". Since then, I have not been able to redeem any 'Gifts'.