Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
Polaris1055 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
if you mean Fan Flanders it's actually a guy
If that was true then my life is a lie.

Ensign
Aug 22, 2011
Kan Po!! Always!! I'm a level 50 witchdoctor and Kan Po is the only companion I ever use for my first mate! (Except when he dies in battle and takes like 2 hours to heal, so I bump up Lucky Jack Russel to be my first mate!) I have a little mantra that I tell myself in battle... "Always have faith in Kan Po!" He's level 48 I believe at the moment, with a weapon power of ~212, and I've seen him take out enemies with as much as 700 health in one round because of criticals/ripostes/blade storms/relentlesses! He's amazing!!

And, of course, I love El Toro (doo doo doo doo!), but who doesn't? His dialogue bits make me laugh every time!

My other favorite might have to be Rooster Cogburn... because of how hard I worked to get him! I was playing at like 11 PM one night and decided that I'd do one last quest before I went to bed, and I still had the one in the Sheriff's Office to complete, so I figured I'd knock that one out. Of course, I assumed that like most other side quests, it would be like 2 or 3 fights long. But... I ended up having to fight EIGHT really hard battles one after the other (because I couldn't stop until I finished, of course)!! So by the time I finished, it was 1:30 in the morning, all but like three of my companions were dead, and I had nearly died myself in that last fight! And then when Rooster C. said he'd join my crew I was SO relieved and excited that I almost cried a little! I was very tired haha... But he's my fave!

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Zoe Bellamy on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Kan Po!! Always!! I'm a level 50 witchdoctor and Kan Po is the only companion I ever use for my first mate! (Except when he dies in battle and takes like 2 hours to heal, so I bump up Lucky Jack Russel to be my first mate!) I have a little mantra that I tell myself in battle... "Always have faith in Kan Po!" He's level 48 I believe at the moment, with a weapon power of ~212, and I've seen him take out enemies with as much as 700 health in one round because of criticals/ripostes/blade storms/relentlesses! He's amazing!!

And, of course, I love El Toro (doo doo doo doo!), but who doesn't? His dialogue bits make me laugh every time!

My other favorite might have to be Rooster Cogburn... because of how hard I worked to get him! I was playing at like 11 PM one night and decided that I'd do one last quest before I went to bed, and I still had the one in the Sheriff's Office to complete, so I figured I'd knock that one out. Of course, I assumed that like most other side quests, it would be like 2 or 3 fights long. But... I ended up having to fight EIGHT really hard battles one after the other (because I couldn't stop until I finished, of course)!! So by the time I finished, it was 1:30 in the morning, all but like three of my companions were dead, and I had nearly died myself in that last fight! And then when Rooster C. said he'd join my crew I was SO relieved and excited that I almost cried a little! I was very tired haha... But he's my fave!
Lol I had the same experience but I finished around midnight, he is totally worth it and I can't wait to see if he gets a promotion this update

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
"Who is your favourite companion"
Contessa the unicorn swashbuckler!

Ensign
Jan 27, 2012
My favorite is El Toro, but combat wise it's probably Old Scratch or Kan Po.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
I really don't have a favorite companion. My best is gracie Conrad lvl 55, so I guess I like her. Oh, and by the way, if you are in mooshu, don't use monkey king. He has like super low defense and dies in 2-3 turns if you don't heal him.

Ensign
Jun 04, 2015
Ensign
Mar 30, 2015
docangel on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Bonnie Anne would have to be number one because after I got her burst x2 she can literally (if luck prevails) one-round mobs.

So far for looks it would be a toss up with Fin Dorsal and the evil undead monkey evil musketeer from the crown shop who's name escapes me at the moment.

Did wonder why Fin Dorsal costs more crowns then the others....im guessing that is based on looks? Unless im reading something wrong his stats alone do not merit anything extra.
Moresco De Valvida

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Shirukulele Nero is my favorite. When I get Zeena it will be hard to decide though.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
I can't choose just one. So I'll do one for each class.

Buccaneer/Musketeer: I agree with the people here, I love the funny bickering between Bonnie Anna and Ratbeard. It makes me laugh!

Swashbuckler: El Toro. I love him as a character and fighter.

Privateer: Lucky Jack Russell. He can have so many epics!

Witchdoctor: Old Scratch. Most of us love how he goes from bad to good in the story.

Best Appearance: I love how epic Uga Buga looks at Obeah level. Especially his hat. XD

Favorite victory move: I love Nanu Nanu's victory dance

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Polaris1055 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
if you mean Fan Flanders it's actually a guy
Acually, Fan is a girl, according to Morgan Lafitte, "You will be HER capitain, no?"

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
1. Cat beard
2. Rat beard (His anti hero like personality)
3. Lucky Jack Russell
4. Kan Po
5. Chantel Livingstone
6. Sarah Steele
7. Grace Conrad (her humor)
AND 8. El TORO (his criticals are awesome)

Ensign
May 21, 2015
mine would have to be Lucky Jack Russell- i LOVE the dog characters.
his counterpart, Sargent Shepard, is pretty good as well.

i wish there were female wharf rats for companions, the tan ones wit purple curly hair. wharf rat characters are awesome, too.
also- i dont think there are no, but if we could get clockwork companions from the new book in valencia, that would be sweet! the armada dolls are so cool.

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
Personally, I think my favorite companion is Bonnie Anne. I gave her max agility so she criticals A LOT!! Her double tap then triggers and more and more criticals happen. They eventually lead to her using burst fire. Since I gave her burst fire 3, she can do it multiple times which is really handy is some cases.

-Trustworthy Zachary Gunwale L. 65

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
I have to say my favorite companion is Lucky Jack Russel.

Even though he keeps getting defeated in combat.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
It's really hard to chose just one, so, as many others have, I will chose one for each class type.

Buccaneer: Dead Mike, without a doubt, is my favorite, he has a sarcastic and funny persona and is very different to use compared to other Buccaneers since he has low armor, but sports both vengeance strike and riposte. Runner-up would be Ratbeard for obvious reasons. (More TNT!!!)

Musketeer: Louis Le Bisque, with witty remarks and an amazing French accent, how could one not love Louis Le Bisque? He also has the highest base armor of ANY musketeer (around 65 at level 65) and is the best supporting musketeer in the game (Not to mention, THE BOMBS!!!). Bonnie Anne is my runner-up.

Privateer: Lucky Jack, he's fun to battle with and quite fun to have on the crew, perhaps the most durable companion from the Presidio. Catbeard or Emmet would've been runners-up

Swashbuckler: Sarah Steele, no question. She is an amazing companion who not only fights well, but also is a fun character for humor's sake on the crew. My runner-up would be Ridolfo Capoferro.

Witchdoctor: Old Scratch. Is there really any other legitimate witch companions to chose from? I suppose Mormo or Carcarius, but that's really it...

Ensign
Apr 23, 2012
I would have to say Egg Shen as being my favorite. Used him the whole game.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
Oran of Urz on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Ratbeard. He tells it how it is.

The storyline wouldn't be the same without him.
I like Ratbeard too. He criticals a lot and is a good all round companion.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2016
Dead Mike. He just rocks when it comes to motivational speaking . He's also probably the most loyal companion in the game, he's alive just to avenge your pirate's parents.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Definitely Fan Flanders

Being a level 69 swashbuckler, I have found out who my favorite companion is. Fan Flanders. She increases my agility to boost attacks. She comes with super strike that deals at lest 700 with no enchants or buffs. She has a move to increase critical which works 80% of the time. Also she has a ton of epics:

• Ripsote 3
  • First Strike 1/2 (I am not sure if this is 1 or 2)
  • Blade storm 1
  • Relentless 2

Ensign
May 03, 2014
My 3rd favorite is Malik,My 2nd favorite is Sergeant Shepherd, but my number 1 companion is S.M. ArsonHe is a level 18companion and he is a bucanner and I like him because he is a zombie.Smart Billy DeClark

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
Zoe Bellamy on May 13, 2016 wrote:

I agree that El Toro is an awesome companion. He is one of three companions making up a perfect crew. The others are Ratbeard for his criticals and well roundness and Baar because of his awesome epics. Using El Toro really helps me because I am a privateer and his Esprit De Corps really helps out. Along with his awesomeness.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
somemelody on Jun 3, 2016 wrote:
mine would have to be Lucky Jack Russell- i LOVE the dog characters.
his counterpart, Sargent Shepard, is pretty good as well.

i wish there were female wharf rats for companions, the tan ones wit purple curly hair. wharf rat characters are awesome, too.
also- i dont think there are no, but if we could get clockwork companions from the new book in valencia, that would be sweet! the armada dolls are so cool.
Id love clockwork companions too.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
Trevor Naturemaste... on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
I would have to say Egg Shen as being my favorite. Used him the whole game.
Egg Shen is good with dodging and weapon power. But his accuracy is horrible. Otherwise I'd love him too.

Petty Officer
Mar 23, 2011
I can easily say my favourite companions are Keisuke Yagi / Kan Po and Contessa Argento. Both being able to learn Relentless and Riposte 3 as well as having super/assassin attacks and walk in shadows/darkness makes them forces to be reckoned with. But as the norm for this thread I'll post my favourite companions of each class!

Privateer: Hard to choose as since I'm a privateer myself I don't really have many good privateer companions, but it'd probably be the Marchioness or Catbeard, because why not.

Musketeer: Bonnie Anne, 'nuff said.

Witchdoctor: Uga Buga / Mormo, it's kinda tough though, as no witchdoctors are of much use to me.

Buccaneer: Egg Shen, he's all around incredible, he can easily tank damage and deal out his more than fair share of it. His buccaneer charge or whatever it's called is super useful on the first turn to chip down the enemy's health while waiting to buff.

Swashbuckler: You (hopefully) guessed it, Keisuke Yagi and Contessa Argento. These powerhouses never fail to impress. I gave them high dodge and attack and Riposte 3 and Relentless 2 or 3, also to further add to the insanity I use Battle Zeal to further boost their dodge. Not once have they disappointed.

Yarr, have ye a wonderful time sailing the spiral!
~ Nathaniel Lawson -