Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
tripper25 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
What? I have never heard any banter between any of the characters. Is this for real? Because I thought it would add so much to the game.
I believe he's talking about during cutscenes for quests. That's the only time those two ever interact as far as I know.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Jun 01, 2012
My favorite companion that I have are: Milo Graytail, RatBeard, Old Scratch, and Bonnie Anne. Those ones because I am only a level 11.( I am a buccaneer)

Captain
May 13, 2011
my favorite is lucky jack ruseel. i like dogs and his story, he has been a loyal companion to me through all of monquista and valencia and i also like how he doesnt only use his sword in combat

Community Leader
Talkin The Plank on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I believe he's talking about during cutscenes for quests. That's the only time those two ever interact as far as I know.
Yes, the crew bickering's in the voiceovers while you're getting various quests.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Feb 01, 2012
O.o I keep changing my favorite companions :) and where I live favorite is spelt: favourite.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Now i know this is kind off topic but i was wondering, if you had to choose, what are the top ten crown shop companions to buy? (getting some crowns for the holidays!)

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
I changed mine when I started swashbuckler. Sarah Steele is really good

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I have 2 characters with my P101 account a Privateer and Swashbuckler. My Privateer is a level 44 and I have to say my pig necromancer is the best so far. However, I also love Bonnie Anne. She really is coming together, and her promotions make her even better. My Swashbuckler is a level 18 and I love Sarah Steele. Sarah hits at least close to a 100 each time, even at a level 16. Sarah Steele is by far the best companion on my Swashbuckler, then yet again, I still am 32 levels away from 50.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
My favorite Companions are ( quite a few)

1.El Toro
2.Mustang Sally
3.Sarah Steele
4.Froggo Villa
5.Bonnie Anne
6.Cat From Boochbeard Bundle
7.Kobe Yojimbo
El Toro is just Epic. He just is.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Wing Chun is my first companion and probably my most favorite even though Bonnie Ann is my second favorite. I am only lvl 10. Quick Joseph Yellowfish Lvl 10 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
My favorite changes as I go. Bonnie Anne is ALWAYS my first mate. As a witchdoctor, my attacks are always ranged, so her and I can take a few health points off our foes as the approach. After Bonnie Anne, maybe Ratbeard. He is tough and after his 2nd promotion he can have quite an arsenal of bonus attacks. I also like my batacuda. It doesn't really do anything special, but since it flies, it can go anywhere in deckside combat (including fighting while inside the side of a ship) or fly over obstacles in ground based combat. Makes it pretty versatile.

Ensign
Nov 29, 2012
So far, it's a draw between Ratbeard, Mormo and Bonnie Anne. They're great in battle; they're a major part of the storyline (they appear a lot in cutscenes) and I love their personalities. Mormo and Ratbeard are amusing, and Bonnie Anne can affect a lot of enemies in one turn.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
I would have to say my favorite companion as a level 9 Privateer would be, well I like every companion. For now i would say my favorite would be tied between Bonnie Anne (fox sharpshooter), Lucky Jack Russel (dog pirate), or Nanu Nanu (water-mole spearman). These are the words of Cautious Joseph.

Ensign
Jun 11, 2011
Mine would have to be egg shen since he a and they got good abilities plus his critical's are just so cool that i wish he had unlimited critical strikes

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
I have 3 favorites

-Barnabus-Very strong, although not as good as...

-Ratbeard-Hits hard, and promotes slightly earlier than...

-Kobe Y- isn't powerful at first, but Sam2oori form is great and don't get me started on Emporer form.

Fiery Jack, Level 17
Bloody Blaze Dodger,Level 8
Black Wolf, Level 5
AND
Jack Lionmask, Level 13 Pyromancer
John Lionmask, Level 12 Storm Wizard (name escapes me)

Ensign
Jul 23, 2012
Healing101Master on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
Mine would have to be egg shen since he a and they got good abilities plus his critical's are just so cool that i wish he had unlimited critical strikes
Mine is Egg Shen too, plus he was my first companion. He's just a well rounded fighter.

~ Leena Tolliver, Level 27 Privateer

Ensign
Jul 26, 2012
My favorite is probably el toro

he is a powerful companion to have by your side
- Strong Mark Chamberlain

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I don't have this companion yet but my favorite is the one and only....EL TORO! He is so hilarious plus he is awesome in battle.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
nods0123 on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
O.o I keep changing my favorite companions :) and where I live favorite is spelt: favourite.
your British oh me too cool fiery Angel Freeman level 16

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
sulliebear on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
my favorite is kung yao a ninja pig with armor he takes out anything in one attack round he is a swashbuckler level 19 he has rentless first strike and flanking he hits like all three when he attacks.
Really my is Tso Po (name varies)

Christopher Taylor(lvl 20) awesome
Dashing Dante (lvl 10?) nearly awesome

Ensign
Sep 07, 2009
I haven't reached the end of the game, but at the moment my favorite is Thunder Hoof. He gets criticals a lot and is really powerful.;)

Ensign
Jun 14, 2009
Ratbeard, Shifty Logan Ringo, Lefty, El Toro, and Kan Po.
Ratbeard is just the best at battle and making a bunch of humorous remarks. Plus it's easy to tease him about his past mistakes and he is such a great Rat.
Shifty Logan Ringo is just a good at battle since he has been helpful in many battles.
Lefty is just a good companion and you should never miss a chance getting him if you're a witchdoctor.
El Toro is the queen of fashion is there really much else to say?
Kan Po is just so cute plus a great companion to keep.
--------------------------------------------
Silent Scarlett Nightingale level 24 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Jun 03, 2009
Froggo Villa for asthetics, he look is great, I just wish he had dialogue and another tier, from shabby, dusty desperado to ninja lizard.

Monkey King is hilarious.

Favorite Swashbuckler: Sarah Steele, she is just too pro.
Favorite Buccaneer: Subodai, no other companion looks so dominating.
Favorite Privateer: hands down Lucky Jack, fully promoted his armor is beast
Favorite Witchdoctor: Old Scratch, same reasons as everyone else.
Favorite Musketeer: Bonnie Anne, we've been through so much together.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2011
Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
My favorite companion is the cat ninja

She is strong and dodges a lot she also looks awesome