Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Behold the Dance of...steel?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
OK, I'm confused. Why is the dance of steel SO underpowered, and can you guys make it a critical attack, or was it made to be underpowered? But it would be a lot more greater if you made it into a critical attack.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, it seems weak. But then again, the damage is supposed to be the damage from any single normal hit a pirate would do.

Don't get me wrong, if it was a crit move you could do, it would be nice.

Administrator
Just to be sure you're fully aware of the power of this move, Dance of Steel is an area of effect attack that hits all enemies surrounding you.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Just to be sure you're fully aware of the power of this move, Dance of Steel is an area of effect attack that hits all enemies surrounding you.
Yes, but it seems to me that it takes the pirates standard damage, and divides it amongst those the pirate is attacking. Example, pirate has 80 attack damage, attack hits the 8 bad guys surrounding the pirate with 10 each. I made up the numbers just to explain my observation, the numbers vary depending on pirate levels and stats and are definately higher than my example, I just wanted to keep the math easy for all. ;) Using my made up numbers, I would think that all 8 bad guys get hit for 80 damage each.

If that is the intention, then I guess its working, but most AOEs it seems to me hit all of the area for full damage, not a fraction of it (damage is not divided). (unless my observation is inaccurate, the animation itself when and where the damage is occurring isnt clear...)

I must admit I saw attack as being a bit underpowered, but its sure fun to watch.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Developer
Dr Zeppers on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Yes, but it seems to me that it takes the pirates standard damage, and divides it amongst those the pirate is attacking. Example, pirate has 80 attack damage, attack hits the 8 bad guys surrounding the pirate with 10 each. I made up the numbers just to explain my observation, the numbers vary depending on pirate levels and stats and are definately higher than my example, I just wanted to keep the math easy for all. ;) Using my made up numbers, I would think that all 8 bad guys get hit for 80 damage each.

If that is the intention, then I guess its working, but most AOEs it seems to me hit all of the area for full damage, not a fraction of it (damage is not divided). (unless my observation is inaccurate, the animation itself when and where the damage is occurring isnt clear...)

I must admit I saw attack as being a bit underpowered, but its sure fun to watch.
Your observation is incorrect.

It deals x1 damage to every adjacent target.

But it spreads that damage out over several shots (4?) during the animation. Add it up, you'll see.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
It is working as intended as far as I can tell:

The attack is an area attack that does five small attacks and one attack that is 1.5-2x the damange as the first five.

What I have found in my own testing is that the average lies between:

25x5 + 50 = 175

and

39x5 + 69 = 264

My character sheet says that my base damage output is between 174-277, which appears to match up with the 175-264 range of "dance of steel".

Hope this helps!

Ensign
May 02, 2011
it looks epic but its damage fails

~SneakyBlakeHolystone~

Captain
May 13, 2011
you never know when you need it though. imagine if your alone and literally surrounded by enemies, everyone have under 50 health and you got that skill left