Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Armadillo pet

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Im seeking any info as to what area of cool ranch i need to be in to find the drop of this very cool pet. I have been helping my lower level friends in cool ranch in hopes of getting this pet but no luck thus far and ive done everything in cool ranch multiple times every battle. I sooooo want a armadillo pet i seen another with one and watched his actions very cool indeed. Thanks to any who reply with info

Developer
Here's a very general tip:

If you find a boss that drops rare, class-restricted gear, odds are very good that he also has a chance to drop a pet.

Speaking in further generalities, the pet will usually be themed to the world you're currently in.

So for an armadillo, farm Cool Ranch bosses (Johnny Ringo, el Guapo, Santa Rana, etc.)

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Some of us have been farming for weeks to get this pet. It is an ultra rare drop item, so if you get it on the first few battles consider yourself very lucky indeed.

Community Leader
Several of the Cool Ranch bosses drop Armadillos, but they're really rare so it can take a LOT of work. Mine came from Butch & Sundance in the cave closest to Jolly Ranch. And yes, not only is he fun to watch but he really packs a punch.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
The armadillo pet can be dropped from any boss in Cool Ranch (I don't know if Cool Ranch is exclusive to the armadillo, since I haven't heard of anyone getting one outside of Cool Ranch)

Any one of the outlaws you catch for Rooster Cogburn, El Guapo, Santa Rana, Johnny Ringo, etc etc etc.

It appears to be a very rare drop. I do have one, and I farmed many many days getting one, and so have my friends.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks to all that replied i did manage to get a drop of this magnificent pet and i mean WOW hes the best one in the game ive seen so far. Far more damage and Hit points than any other pet and had some very cool attacks and animations. Woot! happy to get one have went back and ran through the dungeon i got him in which was the jailhouse in santo pollo with the magnificent 7 fun quest fighting the broncos. So to any looking for this pet i can confirm it does drop at the jailhouse during the final battle with Old Man Bronco. Have tried the dungeon a dozen more times and have not been able to get another so far. Ultra rare!!!

Community Leader
Dracorro on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Thanks to all that replied i did manage to get a drop of this magnificent pet and i mean WOW hes the best one in the game ive seen so far. Far more damage and Hit points than any other pet and had some very cool attacks and animations. Woot! happy to get one have went back and ran through the dungeon i got him in which was the jailhouse in santo pollo with the magnificent 7 fun quest fighting the broncos. So to any looking for this pet i can confirm it does drop at the jailhouse during the final battle with Old Man Bronco. Have tried the dungeon a dozen more times and have not been able to get another so far. Ultra rare!!!
I do love my armadillo pets.
They wont be that much better than the other pets much longer though.
Per the current Test Realm notes they are going to nerf its damage(less than half of what it was) and health (lost about 800 health on a level 50 armadillo), but add another epic talent to compensate.

Still will likely be the most sought after pet though... they are cute!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
May 10, 2010
As awesome as this pet is, or should I say was, he is being seriously nerfed. He will gain Relentless and keep riposte, but his damage will be on par with all other pets. Still slightly better than any other pet, but many of us will miss our great and wonderful Armadillo pet! Many of us farmed for weeks and weeks to get him and some of us are still trying to get him, now, no real reason to put so much effort into farming for him.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
can anyone confirm the Santa Rana drop in De la vega manor dungeon?

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
I've been farming Johnny Ringo for a while,though before I was doing El Guapo,then I got frustrated...
I actually got a Sky Snake from El Guapo,then I got ANOTHER from Johnny Ringo which i'll give to my friend.
Needs an armadillo

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
I got my armadillo after me and my friend fought caption blood (in Miranda) and deacon.... I didn't see when he was dropped but that's where I got him . Anyway I just wanted to say those are to spots you could farm.... If deacon drops him he'll be easier to farm (not a entire dungeon before him)

Lvl 50 Dark Ryan Devveraux (my last name in game confuses me when I spell it do don't blame me if I spelled it wrong )

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
I FINALLY got one from what's-his-name at the Traveling Medicine Show (the wrestler,I can't remember the name)

Ensign
Apr 24, 2012
Well one thing is for sure. It is definately an ultra-rear drop. I've been trying for hours and days. If any other Pirates out there have been fortunate enough to get this awesome pet please give some in-put as to where and when and how long it took you. Just trying to see if I am looking in the right places and giving myself the best oppurtunity. It is worth it enough for me too continue to look if I know I am on the right direction. Thanks for any additional info.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
I found 'dillo twice by farming at lvl 50, for to be FAST, Billy English for him gear since i needed to defeat him like one hundred times for to get his pistols (Deathdealers) , took a couple of days of farming, anytime if you are musketeer i would suggest to farm Billy and Santa Rana (also for him hat); also Buck Bronco drops it, but take ages since it has some previous fight before to confront him, Billy at Boot Hill instead has 2 fights with 2 boss drops, so the chances are more; i don't suggest Deacon since it has no boss crate (means no "no auction" items) although he can drop a 'dillo too.

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal