Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class debate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
well, I LIKE the best but it really isn't the best. Sure, a could kill a , but not a . Does that mean is the best of those 2. NO! A still has a higher chance of killing a . kills but loses to. wins to . kills . kills . wins to .

Even I got a little confused reading this, but this is really how I see it.
I don't mean to be offensive to any classes because they're all special in there own way
so comment if you agree or argue on this

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
Which class of enemy kills your people the most?

I'd go with privateers and other witchdoctors (my main guy is a witchdoctor)

Reason #1

OMG Witch hunter is so annoying man (not if you are using spells, though, I'm a melee witchdoctor and if I try to use freaking Mojo Rising or Mojo Echo, (magic blade storm/double tap and relentless/burst fire, they work both melee and ranged) those evil dragon dudes breathe fire on me and then all my attacks do freaking half damage

Oh BTW witches, all melee attacks with a Slashy, Smashy, or Stabby/Staffy weapon do magic damage. (except for vicious charge and its prerequisites)

For example if you did an Assassin's Strike on a buccaneer he would take full, armor-piercing damage! Yay

You can get a charm called Stygian Charm that gives you Assassin's Strike AND
an accessory called Patch of Chthonic Rage that gives you Vicious Charge from Diskylos in Illios
I got an eye patch that gives 8 damage and 3 agility plus the best privateer heeling spell (forgot the name) unfortunately, it comes from the hydra

Ensign
Jun 22, 2014
Let's talk about the reasons and find out.

:
  • Ability to hide.
  • Special guaranteed epic hits.
  • Shadowdance.
  • Lots to of companions.

:
  • Lots of buffs.
  • Known as the captain of teams.
  • Most companions.
  • Healing.

:

• Ability to summon.
  • Juju and Great Juju.
  • Ranged attacks.

:

• Able to drop bombs.
  • Ranged attacks.

:
  • Strongest.
  • Reckless Frenzy.

= Best

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
My favorite class is the Buccaneer! I like the damage protection and being the tank in battle. One time a buck blocked so much damage the swashbuckler shadow did LESS then there normal damage. Also the charges are good because you can travel across the board and it has -50% accuracy. Buccaneers are so strong. I'm not saying there better then any class just my favorite.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
JacobTHEPirate1243 on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree! Buccaneers are much more tough and more criticals and they get Kobe too

Jacob Underwood lvl50 buccaneer
Nope! Swash buckler The Best! They High Dodge! High Damage! Even Black Fog (Hides all Adjacent People)! They Also Have Shadow dance and Grand Shadowdance! When you use Both, You get +25% Critical! Here's My Stats for My Swashbuckler:
Health: 2736
Damage :321
Accuracy:144
Dodge:193
Armor:36
Resistance: 26
I also got 3 Assassin Strikes, 4 poison flowers, 4 Walk in Shadows/Darkness, and 2 Revives/Rouse.
PS: Another reason why Swashbuckler are Best! They got Assassin Gloom! When you use it, it prevents all Healing on that person and that person can't heal! (That's how I won Privateers!)
Well there you have it!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
JacobTHEPirate1243 on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree! Buccaneers are much more tough and more criticals and they get Kobe too

Jacob Underwood lvl50 buccaneer
Merciless Richard Chamberlain - Level 65 Swashbuckler!
Fearless Richard Chamberlain - Level 47 Privateer
Favorite Class:
1. Swashbuckler
2. Privateers
3. Musketeers
4. Witch doctors
5. Buccaneers

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Buccaneer. They are so powerful. I mean, they could just finish moo manchu quickly. I'm not saying the other classes are weak I'm saying buccaneers are meant to be super powerful, they can also get very powerful weapons too. So this is what i think.

Lvl65 Privateer, Quick Max Blake
Lvl6 Witchdoctor, Adam West (seriously)
Lvl15 Buccaneer, Jack Emment
Lvl9 Swashbuckler, Jacob Stevenson
Lvl45 Musketeer, Bloody Adam Wst (once again seriously)

(sorry i can't explain a lot )

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Fire lord on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!
Two years have passed, and the debate still goes on.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2009
What Would The Word PIRATE mean without The Word Buccaneer attached to it Need I say more

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I thought I might just mention this but every class is weaker to another. My Buck is really good against swashbucklers. I have lots of buckler friends and I always beat them. Witch doctors and Muskets can go either way but with my gear it usually favors me. The one class I have trouble with is Privateer, But I've heard swashbucklers are good against privy.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
wiz11110 on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree with you! Swashbucklers can disappear before their enemies, Do WAY more damage then buccaneers, they Sarah Steele who is way better then Kobe in all ways possible, they can jump over almost everything, and lastly, they can poison people and make them bleed. Swashbucklers for the win
Bristly Kevin
i SO disagree with you instead. buccaneers have Strength, Power, and High Damage. Buccaneers Never will never be a quitter, and always be brave. They will never try to lose a fight. and kobe is really OP too.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
theprivateer12345 on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
i SO disagree with you instead. buccaneers have Strength, Power, and High Damage. Buccaneers Never will never be a quitter, and always be brave. They will never try to lose a fight. and kobe is really OP too.
....exepct for privateers of course, i competed against some final level buccaneers as a lvl65 privateer. the healing powers are what keep us privateers one of the best. remember to boost your WILL privateers!

Level65 Quick Max Blake, Privateer

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
coolster50 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Here is the best class: They are all cool in their own ways.

Ruthless Luke Richardson Level 50 Buccaneer
Dead-Eye Phillip Laveer Level 50 Privateer
Wicked Jack Deveraux Level 50 Witchdoctor
Merciless Valkoor Level 25 Swashbuckler
Bloody Felix Lawson Level 15 Musketeer
i think musketeer is the best but so is a buccaneer

Ensign
Mar 26, 2015
I don't know, I haven't seen too many things about Witchdoctors around. My first class was a Witchdoctor, and I like them so far. They have high magic attack damage and can attack from far distances. They can also use a staffy/(something else) weapon and add more power. You can sometimes attack multiple people at once too, adding to the damage.

The companions you get are not so bad. They're quite useful.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
AngryBirdsWorld1 on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
Let's talk about the reasons and find out.

:
  • Ability to hide.
  • Special guaranteed epic hits.
  • Shadowdance.
  • Lots to of companions.

:
  • Lots of buffs.
  • Known as the captain of teams.
  • Most companions.
  • Healing.

:

• Ability to summon.
  • Juju and Great Juju.
  • Ranged attacks.

:

• Able to drop bombs.
  • Ranged attacks.

:
  • Strongest.
  • Reckless Frenzy.

= Best
Just wanted to add:
Witchdoctor:
Damage and heal at the same time.

Musketeer:
Maybe change Bombs to Traps.

Buccaneer:
Charge Moves (accuracy drop)

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Burly Bart Bellamy on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Privateers do NOT! do massive damage We have the least damage of all the classes!! Wheres the hecks did ya here that
wrong. privateers do not to very much damage but they do make damage of course i am a lvl65 privateer and i attack with 500dmg cause of powers so.... your the one who's wrong
Quick Max Blake Privateer Lvl65
l
/ \
YARR!!!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
This is my final opinion on favorite class (not the last time i may post on this thread though)

1. Buccaneer: Charges that bring you across the board and damage protection. They are very strong and are complete tanks.

2. Witchdoctor: I love summoning skeletal minions and they have good powers. They can gain health back too.

3. Swashbuckler: Hides come in handy a lot and they increase damage poison is fun to use to. assassin strikes are strong.

4. Musketeer/Privateer: I can't decide there both good. Musketeers have great traps that weaken the enemies and they can shoot across the board with sniper shot. Privateers have many buffs and get lots of companions. Gotta love those heals too!

Just because the class isnt first or it is last doesn't mean I don't like it. I love all the classes and they all got lots of pros. Once again this my opinion!

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
theprivateer12345 on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:

= BEST
= 2nd best
= 3rd best

Best =
Worst =
Moderate =
2nd Best =
2nd Worst =

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here an update now half of my pirate character is at the upper 30's and two maxed leveled.Each pirate class have their advantages and disadvantages. Here are the rank as of 2015, in my opinon.

1. - A fast damaging class that use sneak to surprise thire foe. With bleed and poison ability combined,this could come in handy, when comes to facing though boss like The Hydra, Rook, Bishop, the Minotaur bros etc.

2. - A dauntless class with raw powers and vengeance strikes.For me this class make good tanks, with strength buff and reckless frenzy in pvp this is one combo to reckon with even deadiler if use with stealth ability is used with this combo.

3.- A class that use skills and intelligence rather than physical offense.This class have alot of will and in my opinon a very intelligent class. If getting physical is not your thing, i recommend this class. This got a lot of a.o.e ( attack-all of enemies )attacks,great if healing spells are added from the school and great counters for physical attackers like 's and 's in battle.

4.- A support class with lots of buffs and highly versatile skills,this class can sneak,charge, trap and a.o.e in battle.In addition to will, it also boost strength and this class is great in group battle.However in my opinon, it take a long time to work with this class to reach max level ( at least based on my experience ).

5.- A long range class, with traps and speed. Another tactical class but uses physical rather than hoodoo. Here is a good thing with a slashy weapon as a secondary weapon if you can find one, with sneak and charge attacks you could take the traget by surprise in close combat. In my opinon this class is full of surprises, I'm looking forward to face Deacon with both of my musketeers someday.

I just did some experiments and that's the ranking result in my opinon.

Ensign
May 31, 2014
Best class is obviously: Swashbucklers We are clearly superior to the other classes ( except maybe Buccaneers, i like them). -Wolf

Ensign
May 31, 2014
Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
King Wolf on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
Basically, its like this 1. and 2. 3. 4.
where did you get that hmm?!?!?!?! yarr you must walk the plank! priveteers heal A LOT and they have so many buffs and heals. and they get the most companions where did you get that anyways?????

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
In some cases there is a distinct advantage to some classes because they are developed Overpowered. With Pirate101; however, I do not think this is the case. I believe KI does a great job balancing the classes out.

The best class hinges on each players, unique playing style!
That being said, here's my order: last to first best class!

5. Musketeer: I can't STAND the musketeer. I played him to level 10 and deleted him. Does not match my playing style at all.

4. Witchdoctor: Witchdoctor is kinda Meh. didn't really like him, but only played him to level 6...

3. Swashbuckler: Haven't played this class very high either, but I LOVE the damage he does! Just a little to squishy and doesn't have the best survivability. That may change if I put a little love into him, but for now, he's sitting quietly.

2. Privateer: This guy is great! He is a little bit of a tank, with naturally high both armor and resistance. He does ok damage but those buffs turn companions into machines! Woop woop!

1. Buccaneer: My main. Definitely the class that lets me play my style: Get in there and get messy! Cross train in Swashbuckler and he becomes extremely dangerous! Impossible to kill, tons of damage, and great talents. IMO the best Solo player out there and awesome in groups as well!

Cautious Daniel Clegg

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
Striving Pilgrim on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
In some cases there is a distinct advantage to some classes because they are developed Overpowered. With Pirate101; however, I do not think this is the case. I believe KI does a great job balancing the classes out.

The best class hinges on each players, unique playing style!
That being said, here's my order: last to first best class!

5. Musketeer: I can't STAND the musketeer. I played him to level 10 and deleted him. Does not match my playing style at all.

4. Witchdoctor: Witchdoctor is kinda Meh. didn't really like him, but only played him to level 6...

3. Swashbuckler: Haven't played this class very high either, but I LOVE the damage he does! Just a little to squishy and doesn't have the best survivability. That may change if I put a little love into him, but for now, he's sitting quietly.

2. Privateer: This guy is great! He is a little bit of a tank, with naturally high both armor and resistance. He does ok damage but those buffs turn companions into machines! Woop woop!

1. Buccaneer: My main. Definitely the class that lets me play my style: Get in there and get messy! Cross train in Swashbuckler and he becomes extremely dangerous! Impossible to kill, tons of damage, and great talents. IMO the best Solo player out there and awesome in groups as well!

Cautious Daniel Clegg
i certainly agree. i am just saying but i beat a level 65 bucceneer with a level 65 priveteer. it did not count because she did not use reckless frenzy or any powerful stuff.

i certainly agree with you! YARR!!!!!!!!

l
/ \
Quick Max Blake lvl65 Priveteer: Polaris *or whatever the next world is for now*
Jack Emmet Level20-25 Bucceneer: Cool Ranch
Bloody Adam West level 55 Musketeer: Marleybone