Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class debate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 28, 2011
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!

Captain
May 02, 2009
Here is the best class: They are all cool in their own ways.

Ruthless Luke Richardson Level 50 Buccaneer
Dead-Eye Phillip Laveer Level 50 Privateer
Wicked Jack Deveraux Level 50 Witchdoctor
Merciless Valkoor Level 25 Swashbuckler
Bloody Felix Lawson Level 15 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Fire lord on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!
Swashbuckler is the best
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
wiz11110 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Swashbuckler is the best
Bristly Kevin
I highly disagree! Buccaneers are much more tough and more criticals and they get Kobe too

Jacob Underwood lvl50 buccaneer

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
JacobTHEPirate1243 on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
I highly disagree! Buccaneers are much more tough and more criticals and they get Kobe too

I highly disagree with you! Swashbucklers can disappear before their enemies, Do WAY more damage then buccaneers, they Sarah Steele who is way better then Kobe in all ways possible, they can jump over almost everything, and lastly, they can poison people and make them bleed. Swashbucklers for the win
Bristly Kevin

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Need to win! I'm a lvl fifty so who wants to challenge in pvp if they think it's not the best class. You'll see. I'll win! I'm also trying swashbuckler which I like so far cause my top 2 companions are Monkey King and Monkey King and Shiruku Neko needs to be updated so we can at least pick one epic and her talents, if not, she'll be still on the 2nd last row of my companions.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
Basing this on PvP...

1. Privateers/Witchdoctors (There's a debate between them) vs

3. Musketeers
4. Swashbucklers

5. Buccaneers

Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright 50
Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright 39

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Bloodcross74 on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
Basing this on PvP...

1. Privateers/Witchdoctors (There's a debate between them) vs

3. Musketeers
4. Swashbucklers

5. Buccaneers

Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright 50
Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright 39
If it was based on PvP it'd be as follows:

1. Musketeer/ Privateer.

3. Swashbuckler

4. Witchdoctor

5.Buccaneer

Ensign
Dec 26, 2011
i ma lvl 50 swashy
i believe swashbuckers are the best
reasons?
they are very deadly with a blade and have many criticals than any other classes
they can poison their enemies
they can bleed enemies
they get the best and most number of companions after privateers
we get a lot of attacks and talents
we are very dodgy than others
we have first strike and riposte which no one can posses ( except that witch doctors can provide haste )
we can stay hidden for a number of rounds and that way we can multiply our damage into two
we also have certain spells that increase our criticals ( and believe me it works ninety nine percent )
swhshbucklers rule

Ensign
Mar 28, 2009
All of the classes are the best because of their strength and weaknesses. Even in PVP as that comes to the strategies the player uses. But if I truly had to pick. I would pick privateers. A lot of reasons why. First reason is that they can heal. It's always good to have a heal for you or your team. Next is they are in the middle of the Swashbuckers attack and Buccaneer shield stats. Or it feels like it to me. Last reason is they are nature born leaders. I have alot more reason but those are the main reasons.

-Steven Wright

Ensign
Feb 02, 2010

Ermm i wont say that

Swashbucklers actually believe it or not a bit more damage, and you can agree/dissagree if kobe is good swashbuckler has there own kobe (sarah steele) they have almost the exact same stats...and cards..but imo sarah actually sarah looks a bit better than kobe ^^ and they have way more criticals i dont know what your talking about lol you were thinking of buffs..but swashes have a lot more crits tbh almost every single comment is gonna be sort of opinion based theres really no best class BUT for what your saying you were just not thinking through it :P

~Sneaky wolf parker
~Witty wolf nelson
and some more :P

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
I think swash bucklers are the best because:

1.The class trainer is really cool and not weird like Vadima.

2. We can turn invisable and incres our attack power!

3. we can make enimies bleed and get poisened.

They just sooooo cool!!!!!

Quick Julia Xaiver level 22 swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009

Yes but we dodge and can move anywhere and use really really awesome moves

Ensign
May 09, 2011
coolster50 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Here is the best class: They are all cool in their own ways.

Ruthless Luke Richardson Level 50 Buccaneer
Dead-Eye Phillip Laveer Level 50 Privateer
Wicked Jack Deveraux Level 50 Witchdoctor
Merciless Valkoor Level 25 Swashbuckler
Bloody Felix Lawson Level 15 Musketeer
Yeah! You're that guy who made a vid on LJR's promo quest to become a dog Privateer! Thanks for that. Many thanks, Coolsterdroid15.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Definitly swashbuckler. Though I really enjoy musketeer as well. But Swashbuckler has my vote.

Dark Creighton Level 65 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
Privateer is best in my opinion. They have superior healing over 3 turns, and a mover with superior healing for your whole team. They have barrage attacks with unlimited range that can leave fire and do lots of damage. They get the most companions, too. Not that other classes aren't cool, but I like Privateer most.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Personally, you have to pick you class depending on what your battle strategy is. If you want to just run in and fight, you can go with Buccaneer, but if you want a flexible class that can befuddle your foes and test your skills then you should probably go for Witchdoctor. They are by far the most versatile class with the largest bag of tricks including area of affects, drains, curses, charms, hexes, summons, and pure untamed power waiting for you to command. However, if I had to choose another class it would probably be Swashbuckler. They also require tactics due to their low health and can become a powerhouse of pure concentrated damage.

so there is my bid. Until we meet again, au revuoir

Impish Omar Undrewood

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
coolster is right each class is the best why? because each class has a weakness and each can defeat the other It all depends on how that class battles the other if a swashbuckler has first strike and riposte and fought a buccaneer swash would probably win because swash is dogdy and that riposte and first strike would affect the vengeance strike. However a or a could take down easily if they do it right they have long range and could weaken them before they even have a chance to attack also if the has overwatch and burst fire as well as with mojo rising could beat swash no problem. I have noticed many companions have witch hunter which would be downfall with that and the healing and defenses. The point I am trying to go at is that no class is the best each has a weakness and it mainly all depends on how you use that classes abilities, talents, and powers against the opponent

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
What I think is best class for pirate 101

1st- Privateer - They Can heal, have heavy armor and have massive damage (Depending on weapon)

2nd- Buccaneer - They have heavy armor and awesome weapons (Depending on weapon)

3rd - Musketeer - They have traps and massively awesome powers

4th- Witchdoctor / Swashbuckler - They are both good in damage and have good companions

Hope this helped! :)

Dark Hunter Quinn - Level 15 Buccaneer
Wolf - Level 14 Swashbuckler
Dark Blaze Ramsey - Level 8 Witchdoctor
Reliable Austin Quinn - Level 5 Pirvateer
Dark Christopher Quinn - Level 5 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
Coldroplay on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
What I think is best class for pirate 101

1st- Privateer - They Can heal, have heavy armor and have massive damage (Depending on weapon)

2nd- Buccaneer - They have heavy armor and awesome weapons (Depending on weapon)

3rd - Musketeer - They have traps and massively awesome powers

4th- Witchdoctor / Swashbuckler - They are both good in damage and have good companions

Hope this helped! :)

Dark Hunter Quinn - Level 15 Buccaneer
Wolf - Level 14 Swashbuckler
Dark Blaze Ramsey - Level 8 Witchdoctor
Reliable Austin Quinn - Level 5 Pirvateer
Dark Christopher Quinn - Level 5 Musketeer
Privateers do NOT! do massive damage We have the least damage of all the classes!! Wheres the hecks did ya here that

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Swashbuckler all the way! They have the largest amount of damage! Get a heal from Privateer and Ghostwail from Witchdoctor and you are a tank! Witchdoctor is second for me, then Musketeer is third, Privateer is forth, and last is Buccaneer.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 33

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Come on man you are gonna end up destroying the amazing community that has built up on these boards

What? my favorite class? History ! oh you mean in game? WATER MOLE

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
I think buccaneer is the best, sure they don't do the best damage but it is pretty good and they are tank! i don't understand why thye are the least favorite.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Burly Bart Bellamy on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Privateers do NOT! do massive damage We have the least damage of all the classes!! Wheres the hecks did ya here that
My friend is a level 17 in cool ranch and he does massive damage. from 60 to 100.

He is:
Practical Victor Quinn
Level: 17

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
NO NO NO NO! I strongly believe that there is no "best class" so to speak. I recently posted something about the whole idea of "best classes". Fellow pirates! It all depends on your strategy!!! And, as someone so kindly posted in reply to my other post, ' " Best" is a relative term. (Relative to each individual) ' Okay. I'm not going to say more because there is no better way to say that: We all have different opinions and yes some classes may be quite good but that does not make them of higher value than the rest.

Rachel - Level 38
P.S. I apologize about the lecture.... It's just that these type things get under my skin SOOO easily!