Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class debate

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here is my revised ranking for each class, in my opinion.

1. Pro-Heavy damage, Nice gears, Stealth,Poison and Bleed ability a.k.a over time damage, in my case high health choosed the born strong trait, can jump over obstacles and hard to counter in close combat.

Con-Even with high health can't last battle that long, in my opinion weak to long range attacks

2. Pro-High Health, High Armor, High Damage, good chain attack, last a long battle,unless you entered the Valencia 2 chapters and without Moo Manchu's Terracotta ability.

Con-Slow,weak to pricing weapons and hoodoo powers, low on magic defense.

3. Pro-High Dodge,Good ranged attack, and with gunnery good on group attack and tarp abilities

Con-Low on defense,weak to close combat

4. Pro-Good on long range attack, good long range traps, healing is a must for long battle,good on both magic attack and magic defense, Highest will of any class.

Con-Very low on physical defense,weak to physical attack,lowest physical attack of any class, in my opinion very challenging class to work with ( I would save this for the 4th or 5th run in pirates, have fun if this is your main character )

5. Pro-Good for group gaming, High defense in both physical and magic, make a good support team

Con-Low damage, in my opinion hard to solo,requires a lot of patience to make a good

In summary and class are great for a stirghit forward battle a ninja style battle and dauntless style battle respectively . , and class for a more guile approach. Two long ranged class and a Support class respectively.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
nefarious alex on Jul 31, 2016 wrote:
i believe that class is called pay to win. 60 is logical but one hundred means he probably bought a weapon from the crown shop or did a lot of grinding. all classes are very good except privateer the only reason they are good at all is because blast of discord
Considering that privy was top tier before the update, I doubt that's the case. The majority of privy no longer really use discord, I only use it vs banner summons, and are still going out of every match with excellent results, either learning or winning. In my opinion, privy is good because of our versatility and our ability to sustain and get amazing value off of companions is the reason why we're top tier, and why we have pretty much always been top to mid tier.

One hundred damage at level seventeen is not that hard to get, since I have a recently started a melee privy (wanna see how it is compared to staffy) and when using a slashy staffy weapon, have been able to reach 30 weapon power, and that's with lower will and no staffy weapons, and a weaker weapon. 100 is easy to obtain with powers as well, whether criticals or sneak attacks, a lot of powers multiply the amount of weapon power, so 100 can be achieved with a weapon that has maybe 50 with damage boosts (staffy weapons, etc) and will bonus, along with a power. I have personally reached 70 damage already with 2 will buffs and a slashy staffy weapon at level 8 from a sneak attack.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
muskets cover swash
bucks cover muskets and witch
witch covers swash (kind of) and musket
privateer can kill anyone
swashbuckler can pull the win on anyone with a fifty fifty chance
my main being a witch the biggest problem witch witches is if a buck or swash gets near us we can be killed in one hit. we cant get rid of invisibility and don't have anything like hold the line.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Interesting interesting. This is still going on? When I was inexperienced two years ago I posted that Witchdoctor was the best class. Now that I have four max level pirates and have pvped with all of them, I think that there is no best class. If you have the right gear and right strategy, then you can beat any class. Same goes for losses.

My newest max level character is a Privateer (got bored of being Golden Chris Silver so I went with Golden Christina Silver), and I have to say, it's a very simple class to play. But of course, not every class has a guaranteed easy win.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Hi everyone
So back in December I posted that swashbucklers and musketeers were the best. Now, that I am more experienced I would have to say that privateers are best because of their buffs, high armor, good damage, and versatility in general

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
I would have to say . They have best health. Second best armor. With good gear and the right weapons that get boost from will and are slashy and another type, they have high attack I mean only have more than them. Only class that gets heals. A heck of a lot of buffs. And most companions than any other class.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Fire lord on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!
Yeah if you look at my past posts you'll see but if you are to lazy (Hint: )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Naturally everybody will pick the class of their favorite pirate and why not?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Why can't we close this thread now? All the arguments for this class or that class has been used over and over again, nothing new is being contributed. Plus the opening poster asked for only the first 50 votes.
Mods, please shut down this thread!