Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mooshu Easter Eggs:Journey to the West

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
I've haven't really found a topic about easter eggs in mooshu so I've decided to make one. The only one that I was pretty amazed about was the whole turtle ball quest line. That whole quest line was a parody of the great epic "Journey to the West" by Wu Cheng'en, one of my favorite epics. Monkey King, Friar Sand, Dragon Prince, and Pigsy were all characters in the epic.

Shunzang takes the place of Xuanzang. Xuanxang's goal in the book was to gather sacred texts, to the west. Xuanzang was gaurded by Monkey King, Pigsy, and Friar Sand on his journey. Dragon Prince, however, was only Xuan's steed. The four "heroes" were actually helping Xuan to atone for their past bad deeds. Monkey King rebelled against the heavens. I don't remember the other 3's wrongs.

Monkey King was also controlled by Xuanzang by a crown that tightens and gives unbearable headaches when you say "Ring Tightening Mantra" (similar how you do it). Of the four Monkey King was the strongest, with his scepter that weighs 17,000 pounds and is able to grow in size.

After the journey each and every hero was rewarded in a way. You basically are playing what happened after the journey in Pirate101, with Shunzang helping you.

However, Maruzame and Cao Tzu part was completely original, and not part of the real story in the epic.

I think there are a lot more Easter Eggs, like General Tso's Chicken (an actual well known chinese food). If you find any more post here.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
WickedSkies on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
I've haven't really found a topic about easter eggs in mooshu so I've decided to make one. The only one that I was pretty amazed about was the whole turtle ball quest line. That whole quest line was a parody of the great epic "Journey to the West" by Wu Cheng'en, one of my favorite epics. Monkey King, Friar Sand, Dragon Prince, and Pigsy were all characters in the epic.

Shunzang takes the place of Xuanzang. Xuanxang's goal in the book was to gather sacred texts, to the west. Xuanzang was gaurded by Monkey King, Pigsy, and Friar Sand on his journey. Dragon Prince, however, was only Xuan's steed. The four "heroes" were actually helping Xuan to atone for their past bad deeds. Monkey King rebelled against the heavens. I don't remember the other 3's wrongs.

Monkey King was also controlled by Xuanzang by a crown that tightens and gives unbearable headaches when you say "Ring Tightening Mantra" (similar how you do it). Of the four Monkey King was the strongest, with his scepter that weighs 17,000 pounds and is able to grow in size.

After the journey each and every hero was rewarded in a way. You basically are playing what happened after the journey in Pirate101, with Shunzang helping you.

However, Maruzame and Cao Tzu part was completely original, and not part of the real story in the epic.

I think there are a lot more Easter Eggs, like General Tso's Chicken (an actual well known chinese food). If you find any more post here.
I found one, Remember Egg Fu Yung? His name is that of a chinese dish.