Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I have a question...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
Hello, Cautious Joseph here. I have seen a video of someone fighting Old Scratch. I saw in the video that the pirate was getting sucked into many battles on the way. I was wondering if there was a way around them. If there are please post some ways to get around. If there aren't KI, could you make less battles to go through to get to the tombstones, and Old Scratch?
P101: Cautious Joseph, level 9 Privateer; W101: Joseph Boomfountain level 39 Pyromancer

Community Leader
Joe 101 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Hello, Cautious Joseph here. I have seen a video of someone fighting Old Scratch. I saw in the video that the pirate was getting sucked into many battles on the way. I was wondering if there was a way around them. If there are please post some ways to get around. If there aren't KI, could you make less battles to go through to get to the tombstones, and Old Scratch?
P101: Cautious Joseph, level 9 Privateer; W101: Joseph Boomfountain level 39 Pyromancer

I have gone through that area with all 5 classes and have not found a way to get through without any combat at all. However, if you run like the dickens after the first battle, you can make it to Old Scratch without having to fight multiple times first.

On a side note, it's also possible, in the preceding area, to view the first tombstone without getting sucked into combat, though it is quite difficult and requires perfect timing. I've only been able to do it once, but you can get all the way from the lighthouse to the hoodoo house without a single combat.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Joe 101 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:

Actually thats a pretty fun instance.
As Talkin the Plank mentioned you can get to the tombstones without fighting, I havent had any problems with this instance in multiple pirates... beta, and live.

You do have to fight a battle prior to battling old scratch, no way to get around that, that I know of.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
I actually did this instance last night. Obviously there are some varied "rememberances" since we get sent to this location more than once, but in the battle against old scratch...

Its only 2 battles, one upon entry of dungeon, then one against Old Scratch.

If your getting into more battles, your standing around WAITING to be caught after your first battle, which wouldnt be the games fault! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV