Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
It's been not long, but is it active again? We're itching to see what new improvements have been made to the game!

Captain
May 02, 2009
As, you know, the Test Realm came out today (2/15/13) but how come its offline? I mean I just got home from school/work and it said that the Test Realm was up but the servers were down. When can I expect the servers to be up again?

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
There were problems when they tried to launch the Test Realm, so it has been put offline again. It will be back up soon, I suppose.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2012
Having read the update notes for the Test Realm, I have two questions:

1: Will anything we do in the test realm matter in the real ones?

and 2: When can we expect the update notes to say something along the lines of "A new area has been released and the level cap has been raised!"

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
The reason why it went down is because they encountered a problem with the test realm.Don't know exactly what bug it is,but the test realm should be back shortly.

Careless Timothy Upham, Level 50 Swashbuckler

Bosun
May 10, 2010
There was a major Hull Breach in Test Realm, it sank and was plundered. I am not sure if any of the crew survived, but if they did, I am sure they are trying to get test realm afloat once again.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
If you read the notices in the Captain's Log, you'll see that One Eyed Jack tells us that they've run into some problems with the test realm. I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as we can get into it; it's important to test out the fixes, but if the test realm crashes frequently or doesn't function as it should, it's not going to be a good experience for any of us or any help to them.

Yeah, I was frustrated too. A weekend is a perfect time to take breaks from grading and fixing computers to play in a test realm.

Administrator
The Song on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
Having read the update notes for the Test Realm, I have two questions:

1: Will anything we do in the test realm matter in the real ones?

and 2: When can we expect the update notes to say something along the lines of "A new area has been released and the level cap has been raised!"
1- No, the Test Realm is a copy of your character on the real server. It's for testing purposes only and any progress on a Test Realm version of a character will be erased when the Test Realm goes to an offline state.

2- I'm sorry but I don't have any information I can share about when a Test Realm will be active for new areas or level increases in the game.

We'll be sure to let you know when the current Test Realm comes back online! (To anyone else who may be reading along and wondering where to find the update notes Practt mentioned, be sure to check them out!)

Thanks for your patience everyone!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I read through the notes on the test realm changes when they were posted (before the kracken grabbed the ship), and I have to say "Well done, Kingsisle". Some very nice changes/additions to look forward to. The biggest cheer at our house was probably the news that the cat pirate would receive a second upgrade, although there was considerable excitement about Ratbead's new hat!

The biggest changes to game play seem to be the ability to weight your abilities to make some more probable in the initial draw than others, and the ability to bench a few crew.

Better boss drops and new ship bosses? Yes please.

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
More than ready to to test out all these new improvements. To bad we had a problem (at least this is not the Carnival Triumph) A long holiday week-end would have been the perfect time to grind out these changes and find the bugs, but what can you do. Any word on when we will be up and running?

Great day Pirates.

Happy Jose Hawkins,
Witchdoctor - 50

Administrator
We're doing our best to get the Test Realm up and running today! Stay tuned!

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Administrator
The Test Realm is back online, and we're ready to welcome eligible pirates back for a sneak peek at changes coming to The Spiral soon. Thanks for your patience over the past few days. Please enjoy the Test Realm!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Why you didn't list stitching ... I thought you have that added with the housing vendors by now.

Please add a stitching vendor for this test realm!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
I just looked through the update notes and did not see anything about them adding a stitch lady in the test realm. Very disappionted

Ensign
Dec 13, 2012
Ensign
Oct 18, 2012
why i don't have access to the test realm ? i'm a Member with an active membership

Community Leader
05081966 on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
why i don't have access to the test realm ? i'm a Member with an active membership
Hey Jack!

I saw this poor pirates post, and the question that came to my mind may not be the problem they are having, but I noticed I could not find a link to download Pirate101Test anywhere! Now im old and need me glasses (i do have them on), but alas, couldnt find it!!! (perhaps a link on the test update notes would be helpful?)

Lucky for me, I had it already installed from a prior opportunity, but if someone is new, doesnt have test downloaded/installed, and thinks they can just switch to "test realm" well... they obviously would encounter some frustration, as Test realm isnt available through the standard game launcher.

Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Kudos to all.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Question, are some players not seeing the red "Pirate101 Sneak Peek!" Flag directly under the My Account icon after you log in to the website?

If not, please press Control+F5 to refresh the page after you log in, and if you still don't see the flag, please let me know what browser you are using!

Clicking the sneak peek flag will send you to the page where you can download the Test Realm. Here's a direct link to that page if you're having problems.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Administrator
ArmyofOne49 on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Ctrl F5 did not work, using IE9 browser.
Thank you for this information!

We've identified a bug and implemented a work around for members who can't see the Sneak Peek flag. Hopefully that's showing for you now.

Ensign
Dec 27, 2012
Thank you for fixing the sneak peek link. I can now also see it and I was using FF18 and had to go via the direct route to get to the test realm. It now appears :)

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
"Improved Powers Management puts you in better control of your powers! When players open their Powers menu, they’ll see all their powers arranged just like their companions are. Players can now arrange their powers through dragging and dropping them in the interface -- Powers at the top of your list are more likely to appear when you begin combat!"

All well and good but how do you move spells from one page to another? I have spells on my 2nd page that I can't get moved to the first page.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2012
Eccentric Esme on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
"Improved Powers Management puts you in better control of your powers! When players open their Powers menu, they’ll see all their powers arranged just like their companions are. Players can now arrange their powers through dragging and dropping them in the interface -- Powers at the top of your list are more likely to appear when you begin combat!"

All well and good but how do you move spells from one page to another? I have spells on my 2nd page that I can't get moved to the first page.
When you drag powers to the edge of the page it switches.