Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Manticores are too hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the manticores in the labirinth are to darn hard Maybe you can just give me some tips guys but i still think they are hard. Maybe make their relentless ability only rank 1.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
Sure enough after posting i won the battle. If you were having trouble, use swashbucklers and privateer companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol well we now know that Murphy's law rules even over Pirates . Perhaps try posting sooner then you can skip all the stress

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Um you can't exactly pick what companions show up against these things so you just have to hope.They are th eonly mob left hard from test.

Ensign
May 27, 2012
They are hard and if you are defeated, you just have to go straight back in and hope you get the right mix of companions. They can be beaten though - good luck (although you've probably beaten them by now!)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
You can't pick your exact companions but by now we should all have about three pages of companions so by moving them around you can increase the odds that some will show up for you. Before you rush into a battle look at the little icons above the enemies. Then shuffle your companions around accordingly before you enter the battle. I have three pirates. A swashbuckler, musketeer and a witchdoctor. I'm telling you...musketeer companions are the way to go most of the time. A lot of the time I hit the enemy three or four times with over watch before it even gets to me. I solo the whole game and I also get into huge battles when I help friends so if it works for me with three different class pirates it should work for you unless I'm either very lucky or incredibly skilled lol. Also do yourself a favor and level up your companions. Mine are all within three levels of my pirate and they always perform well for me.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013